• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess saying he's the same as Lowry was a bit extreme. My point was that his performance actually diminished compared to his regular season performance. That was more the point I was trying to get across.

Well that I agree with for sure

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers need to resign - Randle and give him his money - He has earned it now. Personally - I would sign Isaiah Thomas - He really seems like a good fit for how the Lakers fit. My line up - If they can't do better

Lonzo Ball - G
Isaiah Thomas - G
Kyle Kuzma - F
Brandon Ingram - F
Julius Randle - C

And I think they could make the playoffs with that line up - although Paul George would really be a nice addition. I really do not want LeBron James to come to the Lakers - I don't think he fits the Lakers at all

If that is your lineup?

I think you top out as a 5 or 6 seed. And by the time IT's contract expires assuming you give him more than 2 years, you can't get anybody else because Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram will all be getting paid.

In fact, signing IT long term might be the worst possible move the Lakers could make this off season. That lineup would really struggle defensively.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers need to resign - Randle and give him his money - He has earned it now. Personally - I would sign Isaiah Thomas - He really seems like a good fit for how the Lakers fit. My line up - If they can't do better

Lonzo Ball - G
Isaiah Thomas - G
Kyle Kuzma - F
Brandon Ingram - F
Julius Randle - C

And I think they could make the playoffs with that line up - although Paul George would really be a nice addition. I really do not want LeBron James to come to the Lakers - I don't think he fits the Lakers at all

I've seen it all now.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know what you mean. KD would be welcome on my team in less than a heartbeat...
I was gonna put something in my comment about this kind of reply, because I knew it was coming.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange times. At least CL67 keeps it real - he just doesn't like Lebron.

that's a big part too...

but it's also how he has to have his ass kissed, or he becomes a pouty little bitch...

then there's the NBA, the sports media in general, and his legion of dick riders that make the guy straight up nauseating...:puke:

just my opinion, though...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course, having said all that, it isn't MY call to make...

if Magic and Rob land the arrogant prick so be it...

ain't gotta like it, though...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck all these other tanking teams.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think some people wouldn't want the best player in the NBA on their favorite team.
He's getting older and sooner or later, his totals will drop - At the best you would have LJ for two or three years - The Lakers would then end up in a total rebuilding mode all over again

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is your lineup?

I think you top out as a 5 or 6 seed. And by the time IT's contract expires assuming you give him more than 2 years, you can't get anybody else because Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram will all be getting paid.

In fact, signing IT long term might be the worst possible move the Lakers could make this off season. That lineup would really struggle defensively.
I was thinking of IT more as the best sixth man coming off the bench at the 8 to 10 million a year. Then the Lakers could still sign two large contracts and be legitimate contenders - I already understand that the line up I suggest is between 8th and 6th seed at the best and one series in the playoffs at the best - but that would be a decent start toward recovery for the Lakers. IT is a nice high scoring player coming off the bench and is not a natural starter, but if the Lakers strike out completely - He would be enough to get free agent's attention for next year and I think a two year with a 3rd year team option is the most you would give any player not named Paul George or LeBron James. Got to keep open the options for the next three years

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion isn't just about the Cavs - it actually has nothing to do with it. I think it's ridiculous that you would even claim that when I've been on this same side of the argument before.

Never seen the argument come up on here before.

Here's a question. If it's such a "known" rule that guys MUST follow, then why is it still UNWRITTEN? Just because some people have accepted that doesn't mean everyone has to.

Seriously?!? Is this a real question? It's unwritten because no professional league is going to tell teams not to score.

Bottom line, it's an unwritten rule, not just in the NBA, but in virtually every sport at every level. You don't score/run up the score unnecessarily. You don't do it to another team, because you don't want it done to you.

I can't even believe this is even a topic of discussion. It's stupid to argue something that's been honored since the invention of sports.

Just because you and a few others don't agree, doesn't mean shit. Football teams will continue to "go vanilla" on offense, go into a "victory formation" and take a knee. Baseball teams will continue to not steal bases or play hit and run in late innings with a big lead and basketball teams will continue to dribble out the clock.

And on those rare occasions when teams don't honor that unwritten rule, there will be retaliation. If not right then, at a later date.