• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree with this for juniors/seniors. Ok with this for freshman & sophomores

Kerr: Let undrafted players return to NCAA

Yeah, I think that if they don't sign with an agent and don't get drafted, they should be able to return. I think that currently they can declare and then be reinstated if they remove themselves from the draft, but not if the draft has happened. I would say too that if they are drafted, there's no returning because they didn't like where they were drafted. (i.e. they thought they were a 1st rounder and dropped to the 2nd round, or don't like the team that picked them).

Being able to return after hiring an agent and not getting drafted is a little murky for me. Usually they get some kind of money for that. So they'd have to pay it all back and sever all ties. Not sure how that can be easily proven. I'd hate to see some school end up in NCAA hot water because some kid came back and hadn't severed ties with the agent (unless it happens to UCLA...then I'm good with it lol).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isn't a great fit for the Lakers based on his general play if we are talking style of play only.

Of course Lebron is a great fit for all teams and all teams would adjust their style of play to get the most out of him. Even the Warriors.

I could be wrong, but I think his general style of play is more out of necessity than what he actually wants to do. Like I said, he has been looking to carry less of the load since about year 3 in Miami. That tells me that he wants to go to a team that will allow that to happen.

That's why I think it's kind of silly to eliminate talented teams like the Lakers and Sixers because of their youth. On teams like that, you have young guns who can do most of the running and heavy lifting and Lebron can take over when necessary instead of having to have everything go through him all game long.

Imo, the only adjustment that teams like the Lakers and Sixers would really have to make is understanding that late in close games, they'll need to run the offense through Lebron.

Doubt they'd have much of a problem with that. lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isn't a great fit for the Lakers based on his general play if we are talking style of play only.

Of course Lebron is a great fit for all teams and all teams would adjust their style of play to get the most out of him. Even the Warriors.
Why do you say this, because of pace?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like the Brooklyn pick will be top 5.

How will you guys feel if LBJ still leave even with a top 5 pick in a loaded draft @gordontrue @Shanemansj13 ?

I think that is a real possibility he will stay, more likely than him leaving. They can get another star, yeah he will be very young but their roster is pretty talented right now if they keep these pieces. If there was a way for him to go to Houston I think that is the only team he would go to

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a real possibility he will stay, more likely than him leaving. They can get another star, yeah he will be very young but their roster is pretty talented right now if they keep these pieces. If there was a way for him to go to Houston I think that is the only team he would go to

Don't see how Cleveland can get another star player. They have zero cap space. You can't do sign and trades anymore. So that lottery pick isn't going to net you a star, unless they trade it for a player that's already under contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The current Cavs have talent, but they don't have "good enough to beat the Warriors talent." I don't see even a high lottery pick being enough to put them over the top, at least not for 2-3 years. Who knows what Lebron will have left at that time.

I agree with Heatles, their best way to improve enough to beat the Warriors before Lebron retires is to trade that pick for a current star level player. But I think they'd have to be able to move some contracts to create cap space as well.

I think that your idea that he'll only leave to go to the Rockets is fairly shortsighted and that there are several additional factors that you're not considering.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how Cleveland can get another star player. They have zero cap space. You can't do sign and trades anymore. So that lottery pick isn't going to net you a star, unless they trade it for a player that's already under contract.

The star player meaning their draft pick, meaning this could be a future star. He could contribute now but how long before he becomes a star is the real dilemma here...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current Cavs have talent, but they don't have "good enough to beat the Warriors talent." I don't see even a high lottery pick being enough to put them over the top, at least not for 2-3 years. Who knows what Lebron will have left at that time.

I agree with Heatles, their best way to improve enough to beat the Warriors before Lebron retires is to trade that pick for a current star level player. But I think they'd have to be able to move some contracts to create cap space as well.

I think that your idea that he'll only leave to go to the Rockets is fairly shortsighted and that there are several additional factors that you're not considering.

Then what team would be better for him? Future wise, the Cavs are looking pretty damn good-whether get a future star in the draft or trade for an AS with the draft pick.

The Rockets would be the best win-ready now team. Harden in is prime, CP3 is only 32

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what team would be better for him? Future wise

MO-influencers-fultz-simmons-embiid-jonathan-pushnik-940x540.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what team would be better for him? Future wise, the Cavs are looking pretty damn good-whether get a future star in the draft or trade for an AS with the draft pick.

The Rockets would be the best win-ready now team. Harden in is prime, CP3 is only 32
Unless some Western Team makes a drastic trade for a Anthony Davis type difference maker to pair with Lebron, I think it's the Rockets or he stays out East.

I guess you can never discount his love affair with Pop.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying the same thing over and over again. 6ers I'm would be the best fit for the s. o. b....
I just side eye a guy who continuously has to hitch his horse to other guys wagons when he is arguably the best player in the NBA.

Guys are supposed to come to him, not request off the reservation.

Yes, Durant uber stacked the deck.

But, this will be Lebron's 3rd time, which is what makes me think he won't leave.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say this, because of pace?

Because the Lakers want to play Warriors ball of constant ball movement and NOT just giving the rock to the best player at the top of they key.

So either Lebron changes his game to reflect that or the Lakers change their game to reflect Lebron. Either could certainly happen but at first glance they aren't a great fit.

Having said that, it's not like Philly is a perfect fit either. He and Ben are similar players and both are better suited as the primary ball handler.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think his general style of play is more out of necessity than what he actually wants to do. Like I said, he has been looking to carry less of the load since about year 3 in Miami. That tells me that he wants to go to a team that will allow that to happen.

That's why I think it's kind of silly to eliminate talented teams like the Lakers and Sixers because of their youth. On teams like that, you have young guns who can do most of the running and heavy lifting and Lebron can take over when necessary instead of having to have everything go through him all game long.

Imo, the only adjustment that teams like the Lakers and Sixers would really have to make is understanding that late in close games, they'll need to run the offense through Lebron.

Doubt they'd have much of a problem with that. lol

I generally agree with most of this.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen the argument come up on here before.

Seriously?!? Is this a real question? It's unwritten because no professional league is going to tell teams not to score.

Bottom line, it's an unwritten rule, not just in the NBA, but in virtually every sport at every level. You don't score/run up the score unnecessarily. You don't do it to another team, because you don't want it done to you.

I can't even believe this is even a topic of discussion. It's stupid to argue something that's been honored since the invention of sports.

Just because you and a few others don't agree, doesn't mean shit. Football teams will continue to "go vanilla" on offense, go into a "victory formation" and take a knee. Baseball teams will continue to not steal bases or play hit and run in late innings with a big lead and basketball teams will continue to dribble out the clock.

And on those rare occasions when teams don't honor that unwritten rule, there will be retaliation. If not right then, at a later date.
I agree it's a stupid debate - something I've been saying from the beginning.

Obviously there are more than just me & a few people that don't agree otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it. The fact that it's not in the rule book speaks volumes and IMO means that those of you that DO agree with the unwritten rule is what doesn't mean shit. :heh:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....Canelo Alvarez pissed dirty.

Way to Fuck up my Cinco de Mayo fight party.

:mad2:
I'm not surprised though....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Lakers want to play Warriors ball of constant ball movement and NOT just giving the rock to the best player at the top of they key.

So either Lebron changes his game to reflect that or the Lakers change their game to reflect Lebron. Either could certainly happen but at first glance they aren't a great fit.

Having said that, it's not like Philly is a perfect fit either. He and Ben are similar players and both are better suited as the primary ball handler.
Oh, okay...

You make a solid point.

There would definitely need to be adjustments made, likely by both sides if he landed with the Lakers.