• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think some people wouldn't want the best player in the NBA on their favorite team.
Who said they didn't want KD on their team?? :heh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isn't a great fit for the Lakers based on his general play if we are talking style of play only.

Of course Lebron is a great fit for all teams and all teams would adjust their style of play to get the most out of him. Even the Warriors.
I think your thought process would certainly apply to teams that aren't winning. But GS is winning WITHOUT LBJ so why would it make sense for THEM in particular to adjust what they're already doing to add him?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston at OKC tonight
If the Thunder win tonight.....I just......give up on trying to understand that Team.

Textbook case of playing up, and down, to their competition.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Thunder win tonight.....I just......give up on trying to understand that Team.

Thunder by 10

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Because it's common in Mexico or because you think he's dirty?
I think a little of both. He often trains in Mexico and I think now that Mayweather has retired Canelo has been slated as the next top talent and with that comes more pressure to win. When we consider he fights within two weight classes it makes sense he would want something to help him compete. For example, when he fights in the light middleweight class he has to lose weight but doesn't necessarily want to lose his strength.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is one of those times when I wish both teams could lose. lol

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no Lonzo Ball talk? Is it because he got dominated last night? 31 minutes, 2 rebound, 2 assist.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The star player meaning their draft pick, meaning this could be a future star. He could contribute now but how long before he becomes a star is the real dilemma here...

Typically takes 3-4 years. And that's assuming this pick pans out to be an actual star. There's been a plethora of players that haven't lived up to their respective top 5 draft status.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The star player meaning their draft pick, meaning this could be a future star. He could contribute now but how long before he becomes a star is the real dilemma here...

Also, once the Cavs know that Lebron is around for more years -- they could look at move the pick for veteran 'star'.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, once the Cavs know that Lebron is around for more years -- they could look at move the pick for veteran 'star'.

The problem they have is that they don't have the cap space to be able to move just the pick and outside of Kevin Love, they don't have anyone that teams would want that makes enough for the money to work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree with this for juniors/seniors. Ok with this for freshman & sophomores

Kerr: Let undrafted players return to NCAA

Going to be some big changes over the next couple years. Will be interesting to see what happens. There are a lot of NCAA eligibility rules that are in place for silly reasons and they end up hurting kids. About the worst thing for college athletics is having "student athletes" there for a semester and a half who have no intention of ever being a real student.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just side eye a guy who continuously has to hitch his horse to other guys wagons when he is arguably the best player in the NBA.

Guys are supposed to come to him, not request off the reservation.

Yes, Durant uber stacked the deck.

But, this will be Lebron's 3rd time, which is what makes me think he won't leave.

True,

But to be fair, when your original home is Cleveland, that is tough to do.

He will take a pounding from many if he signs in Philly or LA, but all he really cares about is long term legacy. In 50 years nobody will care how many times he switched teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what team would be better for him? Future wise, the Cavs are looking pretty damn good-whether get a future star in the draft or trade for an AS with the draft pick.

The Rockets would be the best win-ready now team. Harden in is prime, CP3 is only 32

If I understand the Rockets cap situation, they would have to get rid of too many guys to fit him in with the cap. So they would basically be left with no depth.

Plus, other than some minor speculation by people who don't know any more than any of us on here, I've never heard of Lebron having any interest in Houston.

Additionally, you have ball dominant Harden and ball dominant CP3 and you want to throw Lebron in there too?

The Cavs are not looking pretty damn good. You got a couple of young role players who can help get you out of the East, but you didn't get anyone who is going to get the Cavs past the Warriors, Rockets or even a healthy Spurs. The only reason I don't include OKC is because they don't look like they have things figured out just yet ad we don't know what will happen with them (specifically Westbrook) in the playoffs. If you throw a high draft pick in there, it's going to be 2-3 years before he develops into a true star, assuming he does. Lebron will be what? 75 by then? lol

The best fit, imo, would be a young, talented team where he can bring another max guy with him like the Sixers or Lakers. Or a young team that already has another max level guy like Minny if they could make cap room for him. Those teams have young talented players who can carry most of the load, allowing Lebron to not have to worry about having energy left for closing out games.

End of the day though, you know as well as I do that trying to predict what Lebron will do is like trying to herd cats. Heck, he may fool us all and go to the Suns or something. lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think either them or OKC is going to go on a two game slump at the end of the season which will leave them out of the playoffs in this crazy WC race. I'm definitely getting that vibe that someone we didn't expect is going to be left without a chair
If Kawhi isn't planning on returning soon, then I'd rather the Spurs just lose a ton of their remaining games and slip to 11th or 12th if that's possible and get a good draft pick. I'm over this season, lol.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand the Rockets cap situation, they would have to get rid of too many guys to fit him in with the cap. So they would basically be left with no depth.

Plus, other than some minor speculation by people who don't know any more than any of us on here, I've never heard of Lebron having any interest in Houston.

Additionally, you have ball dominant Harden and ball dominant CP3 and you want to throw Lebron in there too?

The Cavs are not looking pretty damn good. You got a couple of young role players who can help get you out of the East, but you didn't get anyone who is going to get the Cavs past the Warriors, Rockets or even a healthy Spurs. The only reason I don't include OKC is because they don't look like they have things figured out just yet ad we don't know what will happen with them (specifically Westbrook) in the playoffs. If you throw a high draft pick in there, it's going to be 2-3 years before he develops into a true star, assuming he does. Lebron will be what? 75 by then? lol

The best fit, imo, would be a young, talented team where he can bring another max guy with him like the Sixers or Lakers. Or a young team that already has another max level guy like Minny if they could make cap room for him. Those teams have young talented players who can carry most of the load, allowing Lebron to not have to worry about having energy left for closing out games.

End of the day though, you know as well as I do that trying to predict what Lebron will do is like trying to herd cats. Heck, he may fool us all and go to the Suns or something. lol
I honestly think what would work best for an "LBJ offense" would be to have someone who can close out games. He seems to like to do all the heavy lifting early but tends to differ late in games - more specifically within the last 3-5 minutes or so. This is probably why they were so lethal with Kyrie in the lineup.

This makes even more sense when we think about LBJ's age and how many miles he's already logged thus far in his career. This is supposedly the time when he's looking to lessen his load, yet we're constantly seeing him having to log even more minutes than he used to. I'm pretty sure he'd be looking for that to change - at least it would make sense to be heading in that direction.

So if I had to guess I would think a team that either already has that "closer" or has the assets to obtain him will be a destination that might intrigue LBJ if he is looking to leave.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi isn't planning on returning soon, then I'd rather the Spurs just lose a ton of their remaining games and slip to 11th or 12th if that's possible and get a good draft pick. I'm over this season, lol.
Ayton, Doncic, Porter Jr. or Bagley?

I say Ayton with Klaw and Aldridge.

But, y'all have a hell of a great track record with the Euro guys.

So.....wouldn't be surprised if Pop wanted Doncic.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your thought process would certainly apply to teams that aren't winning. But GS is winning WITHOUT LBJ so why would it make sense for THEM in particular to adjust what they're already doing to add him?

Well I don't think that the Warriors have any intention of going after Lebron. But if they DID go after him, they would do so with the understanding that he changes their team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayton, Doncic, Porter Jr. or Bagley?

I say Ayton with Klaw and Aldridge.

But, y'all have a hell of a great track record with the Euro guys.

So.....wouldn't be surprised if Pop wanted Doncic.

Unless they won the lottery not much chance that the Spurs could get any of those guys drafting as late as they could realistically drop to.