• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at a mock draft yesterday with comparisons if every play reached their ceiling. They compared Ayton to David Robinson, Bagley to a super sized Wiggins, Trae Young as Steph obviously, Bamba as Gobert with more offense, and Donic as a taller Manu. I definitely don't see Bagley as KG.
NBA Mock Draft 2018: How the draft would shake out if every player reached his ceiling
I keep seeing Doncic compared to Toni Kukoc and Drazen Petrovic, who were nothing alike....lol

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when CBB players are compared to all time greats or current great/good players. Shit Danny Ferry was supposed to be the next Larry Bird.:pound: Jimmer Fredette was gonna shoot his way to the HOF before he even played 1 NBA game.:scratch: Charles Shackleford was so great in college he called himself amphibious instead of ambidextrous.:doh: I just wanted to throw that last 1 in because it's funny as hell.

But this crazy shit happens all the time & in multiple sports. Anyone remember when N.D.'s Ron Powlus was gonna be the next Joe Montana?
With all the analyzing and prospect talk in every sport there's bound to be comparisons whether it's all around game or one thing they do great. Could it be crazy talk and put pressure on the young guys? Yeah but unless you're being constantly hyped up as the next LeBron or the next Steph(like Trae Young has been) it's not gonna be that bad. I don't expect people to constantly say "Ayton is the next David Robinson" all the time during his rookie season even if some people see similarities between the 2.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing Doncic compared to Toni Kukoc and Drazen Petrovic, who were nothing alike....lol
I've seen barely any footage of Doncic so far, but most of what I've heard about him is good. Him doing what he's done while in a tough league and just recently turning 19 is impressive.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think what would work best for an "LBJ offense" would be to have someone who can close out games. He seems to like to do all the heavy lifting early but tends to differ late in games - more specifically within the last 3-5 minutes or so. This is probably why they were so lethal with Kyrie in the lineup.

That's a good point. But haven't we been hearing for the last 5 years that he's looking to lighten is load? I'm not sure if his doing all of the heavy lifting is out of desire or necessity.

If it's desire, then I agree that he probably fits best on a team that needs him for that. If it's necessity, then he may welcome not having to do so much of it.

The other thing he may want to consider is that a team that needs him to do all of the heavy lifting, probably isn't going to be good enough to take down the Warriors, etc.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see when Shaq's Mom came out on the TNT Pre-game. Pretty cool stuff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayton, Doncic, Porter Jr. or Bagley?

I say Ayton with Klaw and Aldridge.

But, y'all have a hell of a great track record with the Euro guys.

So.....wouldn't be surprised if Pop wanted Doncic.

Doesn't LA prefer to play PF? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If LA prefers PF, that could work really well.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden gets away with 3 steps every single time on that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for those who have seen Black Panther?

Is someone who really isn't into superhero movies likely to enjoy it? I've seen a few superhero movies that I liked. A couple of the Batman movies, a couple of the Superman movies, an X-Men movie and the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (although I hear that's supposed to be one of the worst ones lol).

The wife has heard what a great movie it is and is starting to make noises that she might want to see it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is someone who really isn't into superhero movies likely to enjoy it? I've seen a few superhero movies that I liked. A couple of the Batman movies, a couple of the Superman movies, an X-Men movie and the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (although I hear that's supposed to be one of the worst ones lol).

The wife has heard what a great movie it is and is starting to make noises that she might want to see it.

It’s not your typical Marvel movie, as there is little connection that the other movies.
Good story, good history, good supporting characters, and good action should keep you entertained.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not your typical Marvel movie, as there is little connection that the other movies.
Good story, good history, good supporting characters, and good action should keep you entertained.

Okay. Sounds like I might be able to stay awake through it. The wife hates when I fall asleep during movies. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat lose another road game. Last road win was January 20th.

Been losing so many close road games.

Last 4 road losses were decided by a total of 10 points. That is basically the difference in fighting with Cleveland and others for the 3rd seed and being 7th or 8. Disappointing

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, so from what I know about your online persona, you will roll your eyes once or twice due to the thinly veiled political references...

Ex. " Wise men build bridges while fools build barriers.”

Otherwise, it's pretty enjoyable.

Just don't go in with the expectation that you will be overcome with emotion like some people were while watching Passion of the Christ.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't LA prefer to play PF? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If LA prefers PF, that could work really well.
Yep, he wouldn't even take a meeting with the Knicks because Phil wanted him to play the 5.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so from what I know about your online persona, you will roll your eyes once or twice due to the thinly veiled political references...

Yeah, not a big fan of politics anymore. But a little bit is fine. Funny thing is, in my younger days, I was really into politics. But both sides have devolved into yelling at each other and being more interested in re-election than doing their damn jobs.

Just don't go in with the expectation that you will be overcome with emotion like some people were while watching Passion of the Christ.

If it's got good action and a good storyline, I'm sure I'll like it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside or James Johnson shouldn't be on this roster next season.

The case for Whiteside not being on the roster is obvious. He will be a free agent next summer and I can't see the Heat paying him another big contract as he's failed to live up to his max contract they gave him in 2016.

The case for James Johnson being sent elsewhere is flat out because he is garbage. Last year, he was a classic example of a player doing well in a contract year then once he gets that contract then he go back to the player he was previously.

There isn't room in this rotation for all 4 guys (Bam, Hassan, JJ, and Olynyk). One must go

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

imo it's entertaining even if you aren't a fan of the comics...

seen it twice with Mrs CL and i generally don't do that...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo it's entertaining even if you aren't a fan of the comics...

seen it twice with Mrs CL and i generally don't do that...

Dang. The way movie prices are and you went twice? That's a solid endorsement. I can't think of the last movie I saw in the theater more than once. Probably Empire Strikes Back when I was young and movies were like $5.00 to get in. lol