• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1. Rams - Goff B+. Right pick. Gave up too much
2. Eagles - Wentz B. Seems like the front office completely changed course but..QB
3. Chargers - Bosa A-
4. Cowboys - Elliott B-. He is going to have to be a top 3 RB for this to even be worth it. He could be
5. Jaguars - Ramsey A. Probably #1 on their draft board
6. Ravens - Stanley C. Seems like a bit of a reach
7. Niners - Buckner A-. Not a huge fan of Buckner but the upside is there.
8. Titans - Conklin C. Seems like a bit of a reach
9. Bears - Floyd C+. Reach imo but the Bears probably need him
10. Giants - Apple B+. Teach this kid to tackle and this will be a great pick
11. Bucs - Hargreaves A+. Theft
12. Saints - Rankins B-. Not a big fan but they need him
13. Dolphins - Tunsil A+. Theft
14. Raiders - Joseph B+. I mock drafted this guy at the end of the 2nd round but a great player
15. Browns - Coleman B. Huge boom/bust potential
16. Lions - Decker A. Solid pick even if he is never an LT.
17. Falcons - Neal C+. Bad tape, all projection. Upside is legit, though
18. Colts - Kelly B-. He is going to have to be a top 3 C for this to even be worth it
19. Bills - Lawson A-. I dont think the Bills can complain about this pick
20. Jets - Lee C+. Combine warrior, all projection.
21. Texans - Fuller B. He is fast but not an elite WR prospect imo
22. Redskins - Doctson A-. Fantastic tape, raw
23. Vikings - Treadwell A. Great fit. Probably who they wanted the whole time
24. Bengals - Jackson A. Should be a good CB in todays NFL
25. Steelers - Artie Burns C+. Bad tape, all projection
26. Broncos - Lynch A. Project but perfect fit
27. Packers - Clark A. High positional value, need and about where he shouldve gone
28. Niners - Garnett F. Everything about this pick is dumb
29. Arizona - Nkemdiche B+. All projection, possible character red flags, upside is legit at pick 29
30. Panthers - Butler A. Great length, needs some work getting off the line, great value
31. Seahawks - Ifedi D. Not even sure what position on the OL people even like him at

I find myself agreeing with a lot of these. Eli Apple at 10 I would give that one a C. I think he is a bit of a project and I can't believe he got picked before Hargreaves.

I would also give the Seahawks a bit of a higher grade with most likely having that guy be their pick at 26 so trading back getting an extra 3rd and still getting their guy is pretty good value. Ifedi I agree have to see where he fits best. Probably his best fit is inside as his best year at A&M was at the Guard position where he only had an ok year at Tackle. Still it was a huge need and he definitely would not have been there round 2 for them. He is a great athlete so has lots of upside.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I mean one was. Paxton Lynch is a textbook 2nd rounder but one with a high ceiling. If the Broncos draft him in rd1, everyone is like 'sure, he'll do fine eventually' but if the Browns draft him in rd1 the everyone is probably 'lol that poor guy is gonna bust'

Well, where you go matters just as much. There's a big difference going to the SB champs where you can sit and learn for a year or so, and going to the Browns, a perennial loser with a mediocre roster, and possibly being thrown out there week 1, ready or not.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree on Bosa, he looks pretty damn slow to be the 3rd pick in the draft. I follow Cleveland and root for them to finally do well. And they obviously did well with all the picks acquired. With that said I have no idea why they took such a gamble at 15 with so many other, more complete WRs that were much less risky still on the board.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, where you go matters just as much. There's a big difference going to the SB champs where you can sit and learn for a year or so, and going to the Browns, a perennial loser with a mediocre roster, and possibly being thrown out there week 1, ready or not.
That's true. But in this instance unless Elway is coming out of the air conditioning to teach him I don't see him learning much from CPT Buttfumble?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy could be a real steal!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. But in this instance unless Elway is coming out of the air conditioning to teach him I don't see him learning much from CPT Buttfumble?

The Sanchize has great advice for Lynch. Like, "if you get to the AFC Championship game, play better than I did." With pearls of wisdom like that, how will Paxton not end up in the HOF?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy could be a real steal!

There is a reason why he fell,

a) the knee, I don't believe it's healing fast enough
b) where oh where do you put him??? Is he an edge guy? OLB in the 4-3? talk about him in the middle :nono:

Just way to many unknowns for him to throw a first round value on him!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

b) where oh where do you put him??? Is he an edge guy? OLB in the 4-3? talk about him in the middle :nono:

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see if someone takes a chance on him in the second round.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavien Howard CB Baylor, I like this kid I think he can be a very good corner in the league.

He'd be a week 1 starter for the Titans (and a lot of team!)

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty interesting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much does another QB really help a younger player though? I mean you are training the guy who is going to take your job. This more boils down to the coaching staff than it does who is sitting next to him in the players room. Thankfully for Paxton he has a HC that was an NFL QB, A QB's coach who also played in the NFL as a QB, and an OC that is more known for his ability to watch tape than to actually call a game (Kubiak calls all the offensive plays). So that group matters a lot more than Sanchez at this point especially the QB Coach as they spend all day everyday with those players.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4-3 OLB which is why no one drafted him. High risk and low positional value even if he is a top 3 athlete in the whole draft. Excellent coverage skills, though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-3 OLB which is why no one drafted him. High risk and low positional value even if he is a top 3 athlete in the whole draft. Excellent coverage skills, though.

I see the Bills and Dolphins as great options. Teams build to win the division and they know that NE being the class of the division love to spread teams out so you need great coverage Linebackers to really slow that offense down. The Jets got their guy in Darren Lee so I could see one of the others in the division picking this guy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself agreeing with a lot of these. Eli Apple at 10 I would give that one a C. I think he is a bit of a project and I can't believe he got picked before Hargreaves.

I would also give the Seahawks a bit of a higher grade with most likely having that guy be their pick at 26 so trading back getting an extra 3rd and still getting their guy is pretty good value. Ifedi I agree have to see where he fits best. Probably his best fit is inside as his best year at A&M was at the Guard position where he only had an ok year at Tackle. Still it was a huge need and he definitely would not have been there round 2 for them. He is a great athlete so has lots of upside.
The reason why I give Eli Apple a higher grade is because he could be a #1 CB and just the general positional value that carries.

I think Ifedi has a couple of major bust red flags: bad tape, bad school at developing oline, position that has been busting a lot lately. I think I had a 3rd round grade on him. Seattle is fantastic at drafting everything but oline so we'll see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I give Eli Apple a higher grade is because he could be a #1 CB and just the general positional value that carries.

I think Ifedi has a couple of major bust red flags: bad tape, bad school at developing oline, position that has been busting a lot lately. I think I had a 3rd round grade on him. Seattle is fantastic at drafting everything but oline so we'll see.

All good points. I just more lower the Giants grade because of still having Hargreaves on the board. I think he is going to be a great corner for a very long time and has just as high of a ceiling as Apple in my opinion with a much higher floor.

I do agree Ifedi has some major flags. Like I said I bump up their grade a little because of the trade as I really do think Ifedi would have been the pick if they didn't get the trade done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well PFF agrees with your thoughts on Ifedi. They said they had him as a 6th round pick. Said he had a negative pass blocking grade and that his technique is just not NFL level. Essentially it boils down to he was taken more for his athleticism than what he has shown on the field. With them needing OL help right now not sure this is the guy that gives them that.