• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins got arguably the best player in the draft at 13. Not bad.

Well I think SD got the best player in the draft but Tunsil was a steal at 13....
I think we would have picked him but Stanley is a better run blocker and fit our scheme better....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think SD got the best player in the draft but Tunsil was a steal at 13....
I think we would have picked him but Stanley is a better run blocker and fit our scheme better....

From what I have heard Tunsil was higher on the Ravens board than Stanley until all the craziness happened and they just decided the risk was too great with no time to really explore the matter. Stanley is still a great player though so I don't view it as they lost out on value just that Tunsil talent wise sounds like he was higher on the board.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a 1000% chance that the Browns won't pick at 32.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does another QB really help a younger player though? I mean you are training the guy who is going to take your job. This more boils down to the coaching staff than it does who is sitting next to him in the players room. Thankfully for Paxton he has a HC that was an NFL QB, A QB's coach who also played in the NFL as a QB, and an OC that is more known for his ability to watch tape than to actually call a game (Kubiak calls all the offensive plays). So that group matters a lot more than Sanchez at this point especially the QB Coach as they spend all day everyday with those players.
Granted a QB coach likely has the most influence on mechsnics, reads and formations. However the actual QB is the mentor regardless if he gives up any info willingly. The mentors actions like study habbits, tendancies, working out, leadership, diet and leadership play a huge roll. Just like team chemistry you can't measure it but you know when it's there and when it's not. The best coaches in the world can only influence chemistry so much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted a QB coach likely has the most influence on mechsnics, reads and formations. However the actual QB is the mentor regardless if he gives up any info willingly. The mentors actions like study habbits, tendancies, working out, leadership, diet and leadership play a huge roll. Just like team chemistry you can't measure it but you know when it's there and when it's not. The best coaches in the world can only influence chemistry so much.

Agree...I will say everything I am reading about Sanchez though is that he is taking this opportunity very seriously with Denver. His first month with the Broncos he spent everyday at the facilities going over game film and working on the playbook with some of the coaches. He then took all the WR's and TE's on the roster out to LA for a week to work with them. When that was done he came back and has spent everyday since at the Broncos facility again. One reporter said he stopped by after practice one day about 3 hours after practice was over and every player was gone except Sanchez who was in watching film.

So if that is the example he is setting for the Rookie I will take that. Not saying Sanchez is a great QB but he is at least putting in the hours and effort to try and be at his best.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...I will say everything I am reading about Sanchez though is that he is taking this opportunity very seriously with Denver. His first month with the Broncos he spent everyday at the facilities going over game film and working on the playbook with some of the coaches. He then took all the WR's and TE's on the roster out to LA for a week to work with them. When that was done he came back and has spent everyday since at the Broncos facility again. One reporter said he stopped by after practice one day about 3 hours after practice was over and every player was gone except Sanchez who was in watching film.

So if that is the example he is setting for the Rookie I will take that. Not saying Sanchez is a great QB but he is at least putting in the hours and effort to try and be at his best.
Sounds good on paper. Sanchez knows this is his last chance. Maybe he surprises us and doesn't turn the ball over 20 + times and take 20 + sacks this year. I can watch film all day, work out like a mad man, live at the facility. But like Mark I'm not going to be a #1 QB.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard Tunsil was higher on the Ravens board than Stanley until all the craziness happened and they just decided the risk was too great with no time to really explore the matter. Stanley is still a great player though so I don't view it as they lost out on value just that Tunsil talent wise sounds like he was higher on the board.

Wasn't true, several people in the know had us predicted to take Stanley at 6 because of his more advanced run blocking skills...I think if we wanted Tunsil we would have taken him because it's not like he shot someone and all these teams scouts already knew about the off field minor problems IMO, before the draft...That pick of him was from yrs ago and he obviously learned from it by testing clean every single time....
By the way, good pick with Paxton, at least there is something to look forward to at qb now, even if it takes a while to get him ready, nice move..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good on paper. Sanchez knows this is his last chance. Maybe he surprises us and doesn't turn the ball over 20 + times and take 20 + sacks this year. I can watch film all day, work out like a mad man, live at the facility. But like Mark I'm not going to be a #1 QB.

I definitely get that. You were talking though about setting the example of what it takes to succeed. If Sanchez does succeed then it shows Lynch all that it takes. If Sanchez still struggles then that should show Lynch he has to do all the more to succeed. Like I said I do like that the Broncos coaching staff has a lot of ex-QB's that can work with this kid. They should do a good job of teaching him how watch film, how to work on his mechanics, and how to really conduct himself as a QB in this league. They have all been around the greats and they have been around terrible QB's. So I"m sure they are telling him all that it takes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't true, several people in the know had us predicted to take Stanley at 6 because of his more advanced run blocking skills...I think if we wanted Tunsil we would have taken him because it's not like he shot someone and all these teams scouts already knew about the off field minor problems IMO, before the draft...That pick of him was from yrs ago and he obviously learned from it by testing clean every single time....
By the way, good pick with Paxton, at least there is something to look forward to ant qb now, even if it takes a while to get him ready, nice move..

Again like I said Stanley was a great pick and like you said a better run blocker of the two which I'm sure the Ravens would love to establish the run like they did 2 years ago and the offense really thrived. I've just heard both ways that they had Tunsil ahead of Stanley and that they had Stanley ahead of Tunsil. I'll take your word for it as you know way more than I do about your team. And thanks. I think most Bronco fans are pretty happy with how the 1st round worked out for us. Lynch fits exactly the type of physical build that Kubiak loves in his system so just have to see how this kid adjusts to jumping up to the NFL level.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Denver did made a lot of sense. They are at the top, a very rare position that is almost always temporary. They want to take advantage while their window is still open. And they proved last year that they can win big with just competent, not even good, QB play. They just needed someone to not screw up a good thing and for obvious reasons Mark Sanchez did not provide them with that comfort level.

Bad picks in round 1 for me are the ones already mentioned: Tennessee and the Giants. I can also see why teams passed early on Tunsil, you just can't make a gamble that big so early in the draft. Sure it could be a Randy Moss situation but it could also be Josh Gordon or Randy Gregory.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely get that. You were talking though about setting the example of what it takes to succeed. If Sanchez does succeed then it shows Lynch all that it takes. If Sanchez still struggles then that should show Lynch he has to do all the more to succeed. Like I said I do like that the Broncos coaching staff has a lot of ex-QB's that can work with this kid. They should do a good job of teaching him how watch film, how to work on his mechanics, and how to really conduct himself as a QB in this league. They have all been around the greats and they have been around terrible QB's. So I"m sure they are telling him all that it takes.
:yield:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Understand when I say all this I know all too well that the probability that Lynch will fail is pretty darn high. I do think he is in a good situation though to find success. I don't know the guy personally so have no clue how he will handle that. I don't know if he has the mental makeup to understand an NFL playbook. He did score somewhat low for a QB on the Wonderlic Exam. Not low enough to scare you off but low enough to have you a bit concerned. I like the guy but I do know I will probably have to show more patience than I would like to see what he becomes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand when I say all this I know all too well that the probability that Lynch will fail is pretty darn high. I do think he is in a good situation though to find success. I don't know the guy personally so have no clue how he will handle that. I don't know if he has the mental makeup to understand an NFL playbook. He did score somewhat low for a QB on the Wonderlic Exam. Not low enough to scare you off but low enough to have you a bit concerned. I like the guy but I do know I will probably have to show more patience than I would like to see what he becomes.
Denver was in a good place. No real glaring needs. Sure they need to replace the players they lost. Those players are out there still. So to me this was a slight reach based on a weak QB class. He's definitely a project. Likely two years mimimum before he starts as he has a lot of weaknesses. Denver needs the guy who won't turn the ball over and they will stay a contender.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well PFF agrees with your thoughts on Ifedi. They said they had him as a 6th round pick. Said he had a negative pass blocking grade and that his technique is just not NFL level. Essentially it boils down to he was taken more for his athleticism than what he has shown on the field. With them needing OL help right now not sure this is the guy that gives them that.

Your right. The Seahawks are total idiots when it comes to this draft thing and taking a player who:

Was rated as late 1st material on most sites I've seen.
Played RT and RG against SEC defenses for 3 years as a starter.
Pete Carroll said after drafting him plans to use him at RT.
With Oline being one of the critical needs for the Seahawks, they GASP, take a Oline in the 1st.

Ifedi is a 6th round prospect? GTFO with that BS you Seahawks hating clown.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right. The Seahawks are total idiots when it comes to this draft thing and taking a player who:

Played RT and RG against SEC defenses for 3 years as a starter.
Pete Carroll said after drafting him plans to use him at RT.
With Oline being one of the critical needs for the Seahawks, they GASP, take a Oline in the 1st.

Ifedi is a 6th round prospect? GTFO with that BS you Seahawks hating clown.
Whoa whoa calm down. All I was saying is he is more athlete than football player right now. He has some major mechanical issues that need work. He is a project but the athleticism gives you a lot of hope. I said PFF had him graded 6th round. I have him as a 2nd round player but with some of the highest upside of any OL player in this draft. No hate for the pick at all.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS had him at #42 overall, Walterfootball had him at #38, PFF hated him so 6th round sounds right, Draftek had him at #76.

So he is a reach as a 1st rounder. Seattle has earned the benefit of the doubt but oline drafting is definitely their Achilles heel

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS had him at #42 overall, Walterfootball had him at #38, PFF hated him so 6th round sounds right, Draftek had him at #76.

So he is a reach as a 1st rounder. Seattle has earned the benefit of the doubt but oline drafting is definitely their Achilles heel
Whoa whoa don't be such a Seahwaks hating clown. How dare you speak ill of who they drafted.