• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Keim is an excellent talent evaluator and with our locker room (Fitz, Campbell, Jones, Honey Badger, Peterson, Arians etc) to help guide him he could reach his potential.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the QBs weren't overvalued this year. Cook and Hackenberg aren't worth a first rounder. Avoided a 2011 situation.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Tunsil. He was sweating at the press conference and getting killed with questions.

I do in a way also. It's clear someone is out to get him by hacking all his accounts and leaking all that shit. Probably someone close to that family member that's suing him. This is why I feel bad for him because it sounds like he's got a pretty shitty family situation. He's just a talented kid that's got bad people around him and its those people are the ones that should be looking out for him.

That's why he fell in the draft imo. Teams want to steer clear of all that drama. Guys smoke weed, its this other stuff they want to avoid. ESPN, being stupid like usual, kept focusing on that bong picture though like that was the major reason. Please. I know its a delicate matter to report on family issues but they needed to address that more. This isn't just some kid smoking it up and being dumb on Twitter like Jon Gruden (idiot) thinks

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HammerDown

Sorry bro.

2 steps forward (great trade down)...

1 step back (holy overpay for a RT)...

Robinson is 1 for 2 so far.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Tennessee!? Gave up 2nd and 3rds for that?! Jesus... the Browns smart moves are just blowing my mind this offseason. I have to get drunk to handle this *runs off to fix cocktail*
I'm BAFFLED.

I'm impressed with Tennessee's moves.

You need to be more like the guy above. Trading a 1, 2 and a 3 for Conklin is an abomination.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow #94... that's r*pe. Seattle now with three 3rd round picks. Hacks.

2nd and 3rd is where you build ALL your depth. Considering Seattle needs severe help on the D-Line and it's loitered all over this draft... easy easy. A+ Trade for Seattle. C for Denver. Don't get it, nothing at this point is worth that trade.

Denver has another 3rd round pick so it's not like they're left high and dry tomorrow. They came in with 10 picks so spending 1 to move up ahead of KC and Arizona and people like Dallas trying to trade back into the 1st Denver didn't get raped as you put it.

Acting like giving up 1 3rd is murder for Denver's draft is retarded.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver got boned. Admit it.

Giving up a 3rd rounder to move up 5 spots later in the 1st is getting boned. Yes, Denver has other draft picks, but it's still getting boned to make this deal happen. Especially considering this is one of the deepest drafts in years. I understand Denvers desperate for another option than butt fumble in 2016 so it needed to happen before someone else traded up to take Lynch which would of occurred (Pete Carroll admitted at least 4 teams called about the 26 pick leading up to pick time so a few were obviously looking to land Lynch, but Denver obviously coughed up the most) but you gave up some serious value to do so.

You got boned and sent home doing the walk of shame on the deal. If Lynch ends up your franchise starter in the long term, then the deal works for you. But right now??? You got boinked by Schneider.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas was trying to get back into the first to get Lynch if Denver had stayed put they wouldn't have got their guy

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giving up a 3rd rounder to move up 5 spots later in the 1st is getting boned. Yes, Denver has other draft picks, but it's still getting boned to make this deal happen. Especially considering this is one of the deepest drafts in years. I understand Denvers desperate for another option than butt fumble in 2016 so it needed to happen before someone else traded up to take Lynch which would of occurred (Pete Carroll admitted at least 4 teams called about the 26 pick leading up to pick time so a few were obviously looking to land Lynch, but Denver obviously coughed up the most) but you gave up some serious value to do so.

You got boned and sent home doing the walk of shame on the deal. If Lynch ends up your franchise starter in the long term, then the deal works for you. But right now??? You got boinked by Schneider.

How did we give up so much value? Denver had 2 3rd round picks and 10 picks overall meaning they could afford to give up their other 3rd and be 100% fine. Stop pretending like this was some mega deal for the Seahawks you got an extra 3rd big whoop it isn't like it was a 2nd or multiple picks.

The Seahawks fans claiming Denver got raped are trying to create some drama where there is none.

In fact if any of you people would bother to do some research(gasp that means you have to do more than just spout off at the mouth) you'd realize that Denver gave up the 31st pick and the 94th pick for a value of 724 to move up to the 26th pick which is valued at 700. So Denver lost in essence 24 points which values out to the 168 pick. BIG FUCKING DEAL

But please continue to make you and other Seahawks fans who think this was some super ultra giant lopsided trade look retarded.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the QBs weren't overvalued this year. Cook and Hackenberg aren't worth a first rounder. Avoided a 2011 situation.
Well, I mean one was. Paxton Lynch is a textbook 2nd rounder but one with a high ceiling. If the Broncos draft him in rd1, everyone is like 'sure, he'll do fine eventually' but if the Browns draft him in rd1 the everyone is probably 'lol that poor guy is gonna bust'

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1. Rams - Goff B+. Right pick. Gave up too much
2. Eagles - Wentz B. Seems like the front office completely changed course but..QB
3. Chargers - Bosa A-
4. Cowboys - Elliott B-. He is going to have to be a top 3 RB for this to even be worth it. He could be
5. Jaguars - Ramsey A. Probably #1 on their draft board
6. Ravens - Stanley C. Seems like a bit of a reach
7. Niners - Buckner A-. Not a huge fan of Buckner but the upside is there.
8. Titans - Conklin C. Seems like a bit of a reach
9. Bears - Floyd C+. Reach imo but the Bears probably need him
10. Giants - Apple B+. Teach this kid to tackle and this will be a great pick
11. Bucs - Hargreaves A+. Theft
12. Saints - Rankins B-. Not a big fan but they need him
13. Dolphins - Tunsil A+. Theft
14. Raiders - Joseph B+. I mock drafted this guy at the end of the 2nd round but a great player
15. Browns - Coleman B. Huge boom/bust potential
16. Lions - Decker A. Solid pick even if he is never an LT.
17. Falcons - Neal C+. Bad tape, all projection. Upside is legit, though
18. Colts - Kelly B-. He is going to have to be a top 3 C for this to even be worth it
19. Bills - Lawson A-. I dont think the Bills can complain about this pick
20. Jets - Lee C+. Combine warrior, all projection.
21. Texans - Fuller B. He is fast but not an elite WR prospect imo
22. Redskins - Doctson A-. Fantastic tape, raw
23. Vikings - Treadwell A. Great fit. Probably who they wanted the whole time
24. Bengals - Jackson A. Should be a good CB in todays NFL
25. Steelers - Artie Burns C+. Bad tape, all projection
26. Broncos - Lynch A. Project but perfect fit
27. Packers - Clark A. High positional value, need and about where he shouldve gone
28. Niners - Garnett F. Everything about this pick is dumb
29. Arizona - Nkemdiche B+. All projection, possible character red flags, upside is legit at pick 29
30. Panthers - Butler A. Great length, needs some work getting off the line, great value
31. Seahawks - Ifedi D. Not even sure what position on the OL people even like him at

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think both the Chiefs and Cardinals were very interested. I wonder if that is why the Chiefs traded back with their guy gone. I also know other teams were trying to trade up for him. That Seattle pick all of a sudden became very valuable.

Very possible...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest loser in the draft was easily San Diego. Chargers fans must be absolutely irate taking a questionable DE when they have needed a LT for the last decade!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a top 5 pick you don't draft for need. You take a player you can build a team around. Jalen Ramsey has a lot of talent, he is a real stud, BUT the guy had 3 int's last season. He could possibly develop into a great DB or he could be the next Mo Claiborne. On the other hand, Zeke rushed for over 1800 yards with 23 TD's last season. He's the most sure pick in the draft. In my opinion (it's as good as any of these so called sports reporters) Joey Bosa was the most overated player in the draft. He had 6 sacks last season and yet the press had him going to the Cowboys at #5 strictly out of need even though every GM, coach, and scout says you don't take a top 5 pick out of need.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say trade value yes the Seahawks maybe got better value but not to the level you are talking here. The NFL Trade Chart that many go by show this...

26th pick--Valued at 700 points.

31st pick--Valued at 600 points

96th pick--Valued at 116 points

So the Seahawks end up with pick value at 716 and the Broncos at 700. The difference in value is that of a late 6th round pick. So is that really them getting boned when they landed a player they really wanted at the most important position on the entire team?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Bosa was the most overated player in the draft.

:dingdingding:

Totally agree. I'm absolutely shocked the Chargers wasted their pick on this guy. He's going to make Jadeveon Clowney look like a stud.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1. Rams - Goff B+. Right pick. Gave up too much
2. Eagles - Wentz B. Seems like the front office completely changed course but..QB
3. Chargers - Bosa A-
4. Cowboys - Elliott B-. He is going to have to be a top 3 RB for this to even be worth it. He could be
5. Jaguars - Ramsey A. Probably #1 on their draft board
6. Ravens - Stanley C. Seems like a bit of a reach
7. Niners - Buckner A-. Not a huge fan of Buckner but the upside is there.
8. Titans - Conklin C. Seems like a bit of a reach
9. Bears - Floyd C+. Reach imo but the Bears probably need him
10. Giants - Apple B+. Teach this kid to tackle and this will be a great pick
11. Bucs - Hargreaves A+. Theft
12. Saints - Rankins B-. Not a big fan but they need him
13. Dolphins - Tunsil A+. Theft
14. Raiders - Joseph B+. I mock drafted this guy at the end of the 2nd round but a great player
15. Browns - Coleman B. Huge boom/bust potential
16. Lions - Decker A. Solid pick even if he is never an LT.
17. Falcons - Neal C+. Bad tape, all projection. Upside is legit, though
18. Colts - Kelly B-. He is going to have to be a top 3 C for this to even be worth it
19. Bills - Lawson A-. I dont think the Bills can complain about this pick
20. Jets - Lee C+. Combine warrior, all projection.
21. Texans - Fuller B. He is fast but not an elite WR prospect imo
22. Redskins - Doctson A-. Fantastic tape, raw
23. Vikings - Treadwell A. Great fit. Probably who they wanted the whole time
24. Bengals - Jackson A. Should be a good CB in todays NFL
25. Steelers - Artie Burns C+. Bad tape, all projection
26. Broncos - Lynch A. Project but perfect fit
27. Packers - Clark A. High positional value, need and about where he shouldve gone
28. Niners - Garnett F. Everything about this pick is dumb
29. Arizona - Nkemdiche B+. All projection, possible character red flags, upside is legit at pick 29
30. Panthers - Butler A. Great length, needs some work getting off the line, great value
31. Seahawks - Ifedi D. Not even sure what position on the OL people even like him at

I believe the crap about Tunsil created the mass trade up for the OT, everyone one that took a tackle is gonna get knocked a little for the reach...