• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we chose the wrong profession...I like this much better as well.

My only question is do i like Spriggs/Billings more than Tunsil.

Cause I bet I could've gotten up to about 10ish (giants should've traded down) with just a 3rd.

Sure I don't get the 2nd good QB that Tennessee hasn't had in literally 15 years. But it's a small price to pay for a guy of Tunsil's caliber pass protection.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only question is do i like Spriggs/Billings more than Tunsil.

Cause I bet I could've gotten up to about 10ish (giants should've traded down) with just a 3rd.

Sure I don't get the 2nd good QB that Tennessee hasn't had in literally 15 years. But it's a small price to pay for a guy of Tunsil's caliber pass protection.

Billings may not be a true 2 gap NT...or maybe he is, but he's definitely the type NT LeBeau has had success with.

I know about the gas mask, etc. but I don't pull off Tunsil for Conklin.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked what Cleveland did this draft. Got a huge number of players and have 2 #1s and 2 #2s next year.

Building a foundation.
Also have 2 thirds next year, and 2 seconds in 2018. They did an amazing job, especially considering all the talent they were still able to put together.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also have 2 thirds next year, and 2 seconds in 2018. They did an amazing job, especially considering all the talent they were still able to put together.
Who knows how much dealing they tried to do, but they should have packaged picks all draft to move up and get better players. Only so many guys will make the roster. Try to get 7 studs instead of a wide array of 14 guys.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how much dealing they tried to do, but they should have packaged picks all draft to move up and get better players. Only so many guys will make the roster. Try to get 7 studs instead of a wide array of 14 guys.
They needed bodies, though. I think they'd rather take their chances on 14 guys that rated highly on their boards. Next year, in a much more talented draft, may be a different story. They have serious ammo to move up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed bodies, though. I think they'd rather take their chances on 14 guys that rated highly on their boards. Next year, in a much more talented draft, may be a different story. They have serious ammo to move up.
Yeah, but I wonder how many of those latter picks were actually "rated highly on their boards"???

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I wonder how many of those latter picks were actually "rated highly on their boards"???
There are obviously some that aren't likely to make much of a difference. I do, however, think both Rashard Higgins and Scooby Wright could start at some point this season. DeValve will probably not make it through camp, Ricardo Louis will likely be practice squad fodder, and I'm not sure about that CB from ULM. However, like I said, they needed bodies and they accomplished that while filling a lot of huge holes.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think so. But I'm willing to make a prediction about how good of a draft pick... say... Carson Wentz is going to be (not a good one) based on what I've seen from him. What I'm not willing to do is make a prediction about how good Jaylon Smith's career is going to be because that would be 100% guessing. That's why I left Jacksonville & Dallas off both the "Winners" and "Losers" lists. They're in a completely different category IMO; maybe the "gambled" list.

WRONG

Wentz won a super bowl in only his second year.

Epic Fail

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Title Town Kenny Clark!!!!

Packers sign DL Kenny Clark to contract extension

The Green Bay Packers have signed DL Kenny Clark to a contract extension. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transaction Saturday.

Clark, originally selected by the Packers in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft (No. 27 overall) out of UCLA, has recorded 16.5 sacks so far in his career to rank No. 3 among Green Bay DTs in sacks in their first four seasons since 1982 (according to pro-football-reference.com). From 2017-19, he led the team in sacks (16.5) as well as forced fumbles, with his four tying for No. 7 in the NFL over that span among players listed at DL, DT and NT on Sportradar. Clark earned his first trip to the Pro Bowl (injury replacement for Rams DT Aaron Donald) after a 2019 season where he started all 16 games, ranked No. 2 on the team with a career-high 89 tackles (52 solo) and tied his career high with six sacks.

According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Clark ranked No. 2 in the NFL during the 2019 regular season with 49 QB pressures and 43 disruptions (the combined total of hurries, pressures or sacks – one per play) among players that played at least 75 percent of their snaps on the interior defensive line. Overall, he has played in 60 regular-season games with 46 starts and registered 273 tackles (151 solo), four fumble recoveries and five passes defensed. Clark has also started two of five postseason contests he has played in, recording 16 tackles (10 solo) and a sack.