• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 News & Transactions

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how no one seems to be talking about the Giants, despite us having the #3 BRIB with a bullet.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley's streak in definite jeopardy. He's 0-3 and may only get one more AB.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how no one seems to be talking about the Giants, despite us having the #3 BRIB with a bullet.
To be fair, the Giants are playing out of their shoes right now. 13/14 is pretty unsustainable...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley's streak in definite jeopardy. He's 0-3 and may only get one more AB.
If the next batter gets on, Bradley gets one more AB.

Edit: Nope. Streak ends at 29.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the Giants are playing out of their shoes right now. 13/14 is pretty unsustainable...
Sure, but you don't need to sustain 13/14 to get the BRIB. 7/11 will do if the Cubbies would regress to the mean a bit here.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few items of note:

Edwin Escobar recalled by Diamondbacks
Heath Hembree optioned by Red Sox
Eric Surkamp recalled by Athletics
Jason Grilli traded to Blue Jays
Marlon Byrd rumored to get a suspension for PED use

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few items of note:

Byrd gets 162 :eek:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted on the main MLB board, one had to wonder how a player of his caliber was able to sustain success given his age.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes more sense now why the Giants had essentially zero interest in him in the offseason.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few items of note:

And Ishi is a FA

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games after failing second PED test

"Today, I have accepted a 1 year suspension by Major League Baseball. Recently, I was notified that I had tested positive for Ipamorelin, a peptide prohibited by the JDA. In 2012, I tested positive for the medication Tamoxifen, which I was using on the advice of a physician for a medical condition resulting from surgery, and I accepted my suspension without challenge.

"Since that time, I have paid close attention to the substances that are banned by the Joint Drug Agreement, as I had no intention of taking any banned substances. I relied upon a medical professional for assistance and advice with respect to the supplements that I was taking. However, certain supplements I was taking were not on the NSF Certified for Sport list, and therefore, I assumed certain risks in taking them.

"When I learned that I had tested positive for Ipamorelin, I retained the services of private counsel and an independent chemist to determine the origin of the Ipamorelin test result because I never knowingly ingested Ipamorelin. After an extensive investigation by my lawyers and an independent chemist, it was concluded that the most likely source of Ipamorelin was a tainted supplement.

"I alone am responsible for what I put in my body, and therefore, I have decided for forgo my right to an appeal in this matter and accept the suspension. I apologize for any harm this has caused the Cleveland Indians, Indians’ fans, my teammates, and most importantly, my family."

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games after failing second PED test

"Today, I have accepted a 1 year suspension by Major League Baseball. Recently, I was notified that I had tested positive for Ipamorelin, a peptide prohibited by the JDA. In 2012, I tested positive for the medication Tamoxifen, which I was using on the advice of a physician for a medical condition resulting from surgery, and I accepted my suspension without challenge.

"Since that time, I have paid close attention to the substances that are banned by the Joint Drug Agreement, as I had no intention of taking any banned substances. I relied upon a medical professional for assistance and advice with respect to the supplements that I was taking. However, certain supplements I was taking were not on the NSF Certified for Sport list, and therefore, I assumed certain risks in taking them.

"When I learned that I had tested positive for Ipamorelin, I retained the services of private counsel and an independent chemist to determine the origin of the Ipamorelin test result because I never knowingly ingested Ipamorelin. After an extensive investigation by my lawyers and an independent chemist, it was concluded that the most likely source of Ipamorelin was a tainted supplement.

"I alone am responsible for what I put in my body, and therefore, I have decided for forgo my right to an appeal in this matter and accept the suspension. I apologize for any harm this has caused the Cleveland Indians, Indians’ fans, my teammates, and most importantly, my family."

Certainly took more responsibility than most other players I've seen to this point. I guess that counts for something.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UPDATED: Giants' Hunter Pence to undergo surgery - Giants Extra

Giants right fielder Hunter Pence will undergo surgery to reattach a torn right hamstring tendon, a procedure that comes with a two-month recovery and rehab time frame.

Manager Bruce Bochy said Pence tore the tendon off the bone near the back of his right knee in Atlanta on Wednesday, when he pulled up lame while trying to beat out an infield hit.

The injury and surgery is similar to what Angel Pagan had in June, 2013. Pagan returned after nine weeks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm real happy for Adam Duvall. He has 16 homers so far for Cincy, on pace for 40+. And his defense in LF apparently has held up pretty good. Glad he's getting a shot, and he has not missed a beat so far.

Reactions: LHG

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm real happy for Adam Duvall. He has 16 homers so far for Cincy, on pace for 40+. And his defense in LF apparently has held up pretty good. Glad he's getting a shot, and he has not missed a beat so far.

I'd be happier for him if he was still here doing roughly that (no way he hits 40 going from Cinci to here)