• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 News & Transactions

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reasoning is that his bench isn't short, so why change it.
Nevermind that Panik now has a sore hip, Crawford now has a hip flexor injury and Adrianza and Posey are both recovering from foul balls taken off the foot. I know that they are all fairly minor injuries but it seems an additional bench player would be helpful.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind that Panik now has a sore hip, Crawford now has a hip flexor injury and Adrianza and Posey are both recovering from foul balls taken off the foot. I know that they are all fairly minor injuries but it seems an additional bench player would be helpful.
I don't disagree with you, but apparently noggin does. They can start KT every day for a while to allow Panic or Craw off and UPS is not a downgrade right now for Posey.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Adrianza news, that forces the point. Most likely Lee or Gonnor getting the call. My guess would be Lee since he plays the mid inf. But KT may have that covered.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, 6 weeks for EA. Guy just can't catch a break (well, except his foot. No pun was intended). He was having a great Spring and start to the season, looked a lot more comfortable and string at the plate. Get's injured.

Not sure what they'll do. Hank doesn't seem to think they add anyone to the 40-man roster, but they don't have any infielders available on the 40-man.

MAYBE, just maybe, they'll call up Susac and Trevor Brown becomes the second utility infielder. Or go with Mac or Parker and play with 5 IFers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, 6 weeks for EA. Guy just can't catch a break (well, except his foot. No pun was intended). He was having a great Spring and start to the season, looked a lot more comfortable and string at the plate. Get's injured.

Not sure what they'll do. Hank doesn't seem to think they add anyone to the 40-man roster, but they don't have any infielders available on the 40-man.

MAYBE, just maybe, they'll call up Susac and Trevor Brown becomes the second utility infielder. Or go with Mac or Parker and play with 5 IFers.
Mac got the call.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath Hembree called up by the Red Sox today. I wonder if he'll ever pan out? His chances continue to grow more dim. He's thrown a good amount of innings in relief today and did a great job giving the Red Sox some innings after the starter had to be pulled in the 1st inning.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwin Escobar got dfa'd by the Red Sox today. Since being traded to them in the Jake Peavy deal, he made all of two appearances with the Red Sox, both in 2014; pitched poorly in the minors in an injury riddled 2015 season but looked decent in 3 appearances with Pawtucket this year. I guess he slid too far down their depth chart to be considered with keeping on the 40 man.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwin Escobar got dfa'd by the Red Sox today. Since being traded to them in the Jake Peavy deal, he made all of two appearances with the Red Sox, both in 2014; pitched poorly in the minors in an injury riddled 2015 season but looked decent in 3 appearances with Pawtucket this year. I guess he slid too far down their depth chart to be considered with keeping on the 40 man.
Wow. He was one of our supposed top prospect at the time of the trade.

If the PsTB trade a kid, you can be rather certain he will not amount to much.

Anyone remember the shitstorm that came after trading some kid name Wheeler?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. He was one of our supposed top prospect at the time of the trade.

If the PsTB trade a kid, you can be rather certain he will not amount to much.

Anyone remember the shitstorm that came after trading some kid name Wheeler?
The amazing thing about him is that he isn't even 24 yet (his birthday is in two days). The front office does seem to know who to trade (I am begrudgingly beginning to admit) but I think the jury is still out. Let's see how he does over an equivalent of a full season, after TJ, before declaring him a bust.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing thing about him is that he isn't even 24 yet (his birthday is in two days). The front office does seem to know who to trade (I am begrudgingly beginning to admit) but I think the jury is still out. Let's see how he does over an equivalent of a full season, after TJ, before declaring him a bust.
I agree it is still early. But that trade was 5 years ago now, and Wheeler still has not done anything. He was supposed to be the second coming...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. Looks like he completely lost his command after moving on from the Giants. Still young, turns 24 on Friday.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different priorities, and an owner who refused to stay out of the kitchen.

I don't blame the true PsTB for that one.
Wasn't my point. My point was that both rookies and veterans can be highly touted, only to highly flop. Both sides of the team building spectrum are highly risky.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't my point. My point was that both rookies and veterans can be highly touted, only to highly flop. Both sides of the team building spectrum are highly risky.

The Red Sox, and Pablo Sandoval, highly agree with you. :heh:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting,

Gillapsie added to 40-man roster and active roster. Mac Williamson sent down. To clear a spot, Adrianza was placed on the 60-day DL.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard this...

WOW! Adrianza to the 60? This kid cannot catch a break.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the Gillaspie call signals they don't have much faith in their other MIF options. Kelby will handle the bulk of SS/2B reserve, and Gonner provides a bench bat. Mac will be able to play everyday again.