• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It make take 12 prospects er parsecs to complete this Kessel run...

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It make take 12 prospects er parsecs to complete this Kessel run...
!2 parsecs eh ? Is that some sort of take out order ?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Sharp and Kessel are worth that much, then Kerby Rychel has to worth a #1D.

Welcome to Columbus, Zdeno.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into draft week I expect a busy period of both trades and rumors. I'm pretty sure Sharp is traded. Be interesting to see what happens with Kessel.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into draft week I expect a busy period of both trades and rumors. I'm pretty sure Sharp is traded. Be interesting to see what happens with Kessel.

So does sharps trade set the bar for Kessel or vice versa?

Same with lack vs talbot?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does sharps trade set the bar for Kessel or vice versa?

Same with lack vs talbot?

I think everyone knows Patrick Sharp is getting moved, so if anything, Chicago might be in a bit of a weakened spot, so Toronto shouldn't really rush to move Kessel unless they get a really good trade offer - the two situations are different - Toronto doesn't HAVE to move Kessel, while Chicago does due to the cap situation and the fact that he's the most tradeable player out of the group of high priced contracts

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it probably doesn't impact it. As was said Sharp has to be moved, Kessel doesn't so while I expect Kessel to be moved Toronto can pick who they want to trade him to.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caveat: It's twatwaffle.

But there are rumo(u)rs that the Jackets have made the offer of the 8th + Rychel to NJ for Merrill and the 6th. Gives the Devs a hard working pretty much NHL ready winger and the Jackets an NHL D man. And a legit shot at either Marner or Provorov without worrying what anyone above them does.

I would prefer they move Rychel to get in around 10 - 12 along with the 8. If the Jackets came out of the Draft with both Provorov and Rantanen, I would wet myself. Long shot, I know. But holy cow.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there are rumo(u)rs that the Jackets have made the offer of the 8th + Rychel to NJ for Merrill and the 6th. Gives the Devs a hard working pretty much NHL ready winger and the Jackets an NHL D man. And a legit shot at either Marner or Provorov without worrying what anyone above them does.
Why would the Devils give up a young top-4 minute-eating defenceman to move down in the draft?

I think NJ's drafting; I think Carolina is the wild card here. With EStaal and Ward UFA next year and Semin's contract to dump Francis has a lot of reasons to get creative here.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Devils give up a young top-4 minute-eating defenceman to move down in the draft?

I think NJ's drafting; I think Carolina is the wild card here. With EStaal and Ward UFA next year and Semin's contract to dump Francis has a lot of reasons to get creative here.

NJ has a bunch of young D and needs some scoring. Rychel has a ton of potential to break out and if the Devils feel they can still get "their guy" at 8 (likely some scoring punch) then why not get another asset in the process?

Lose one D and pick up two forwards could work for them. Like the Jackets could lose one forward and get 2 D.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caveat: It's twatwaffle.

I would prefer they move Rychel to get in around 10 - 12 along with the 8. If the Jackets came out of the Draft with both Provorov and Rantanen, I would wet myself. Long shot, I know. But holy cow.

Isn't someone like Artem Anisimov possibly on the block? Maybe Columbus could swap him and the 8th overall for the Flyers 7th? Maybe the Flyers would have to add something?

Although BBB makes a good point that Carolina probably has the most ammo to make a deal - lot of uncertainty with those players and someone has to be getting moved soon enough

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJ has a bunch of young D and needs some scoring. Rychel has a ton of potential to break out and if the Devils feel they can still get "their guy" at 8 (likely some scoring punch) then why not get another asset in the process?

Lose one D and pick up two forwards could work for them. Like the Jackets could lose one forward and get 2 D.
I'm still not seeing the upside for Jersey - Merrill is one of the more promising young d-men in the league and has 2 years NHL experience already. Rychel is a prospect, a highly-rated one but still. If they're looking to move Merrill for offensive help, shit he could even be a building block for someone like Kessel or O'Reilly. And combine that with the potential that someone picked 6th in this draft could be a world-beater compared to even two picks lower and I think Columbus would have to throw in something else to make Shero even consider it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't someone like Artem Anisimov possibly on the block? Maybe Columbus could swap him and the 8th overall for the Flyers 7th? Maybe the Flyers would have to add something?

Although BBB makes a good point that Carolina probably has the most ammo to make a deal - lot of uncertainty with those players and someone has to be getting moved soon enough
I don't think Philly is making any moves involving that pick unless it involves a d-man, especially with Del Zotto uncertain to re-sign.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Philly is making any moves involving that pick unless it involves a d-man, especially with Del Zotto uncertain to re-sign.

I was going to add that in my post too but forgot

I don't think the Flyers will really make any moves because Hexy knows this draft is real important and getting the right players drafted is the most important thing

And I don't think they can make a deal involving that pick and MDZ that can get them a d-man back because most of the teams they could trade with don't have that d-man

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to add that in my post too but forgot

I don't think the Flyers will really make any moves because Hexy knows this draft is real important and getting the right players drafted is the most important thing

And I don't think they can make a deal involving that pick and MDZ that can get them a d-man back because most of the teams they could trade with don't have that d-man
I as well expect them to draft.

Lots of talk of movement below the top 2 picks, I'm guessing we'll see one pick move at most. Why the hell does everybody think teams with high picks in certainly the most talked about prospect pool I can remember lately are eagerly trying to get rid of those picks?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of talk of movement below the top 2 picks, I'm guessing we'll see one pick move at most. Why the hell does everybody think teams with high picks in certainly the most talked about prospect pool I can remember lately are eagerly trying to get rid of those picks?

^^ This

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

And what are those teams with high picks going to trade for? They're not going to get any superstar out of it in all likelihood and the player they draft with that pick will probably be better than any player they get in a trade

I guess the only reason why there is talk about trading is because the draft is so deep and people think as long as a team doesn't move too far back that they can still get the player they're looking for, but that's risky business

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not seeing the upside for Jersey - Merrill is one of the more promising young d-men in the league and has 2 years NHL experience already. Rychel is a prospect, a highly-rated one but still. If they're looking to move Merrill for offensive help, shit he could even be a building block for someone like Kessel or O'Reilly. And combine that with the potential that someone picked 6th in this draft could be a world-beater compared to even two picks lower and I think Columbus would have to throw in something else to make Shero even consider it.

Agreed.

Merrill carries way more value than a guy like Kirby Rychel does at this point in their careers. Merrill is the kind of player that NJD could use to move up int he draft and get a decent prospect.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the teams in those positions to draft that high are there for a reason ... POOR MANAGEMENT!!!

speculation arises probably because everyone believes those at the helms of those teams will continue to steer the ship into the dock lol