• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bluejackets traded dead weight for a warm body that could eat minutes on a third line.

You may not think flushing 17 and a half mil is a fuck up. A lot of people disagree. Technically the Jackets are flushing just as much, but at least they might get something for it. I predict 10 goals before he is UFA.

It was a shit situation and both sides can try and spin it to make it look like it was a brilliant move. It wasn't. It just gets annoying how only Columbus is "crazy" for their role in it.

I guess that's what we get for not having $17m of teacher pensions to waste.

When did I call Columbus "crazy"? I merely asked about the criticism of the Toronto side. If Clarkson does turn into something useful then maybe one can argue it was a fuck up on Toronto's end. But without that happening (and it certainly hasn't happened yet) I'm not sure how it can be looked at that way.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bluejackets traded dead weight for a warm body that could eat minutes on a third line.

You may not think flushing 17 and a half mil is a fuck up. A lot of people disagree. Technically the Jackets are flushing just as much, but at least they might get something for it. I predict 10 goals before he is UFA.

It was a shit situation and both sides can try and spin it to make it look like it was a brilliant move. It wasn't. It just gets annoying how only Columbus is "crazy" for their role in it.

I guess that's what we get for not having $17m of teacher pensions to waste.
We are able to eat up his contract and got rid of a guy who might not ever see the ice in the process. Not the sexiest trade but like you said he can give us minutes vs no production. He didnt fit in with the Leafs maybe he gets revived in cbus

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is severely overpaid, there is no doubt about that. But to act as though he has nothing to offer is silly. He's not a top 6 winger, he's not putting up 30 goals, he's not a guy that you really want on the PP. If used properly he still has plenty to provide. He's a 3rd line winger that can give you some offensive production, he's a great locker room guy, he can add physical play and antagonize.

I didn't watch many Leafs games so I can't say what his problem was there but you don't go from being a productive player to not belonging in the NHL overnight. Maybe playing in Toronto was too much pressure for him?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is severely overpaid, there is no doubt about that. But to act as though he has nothing to offer is silly. He's not a top 6 winger, he's not putting up 30 goals, he's not a guy that you really want on the PP. If used properly he still has plenty to provide. He's a 3rd line winger that can give you some offensive production, he's a great locker room guy, he can add physical play and antagonize.

I didn't watch many Leafs games so I can't say what his problem was there but you don't go from being a productive player to not belonging in the NHL overnight. Maybe playing in Toronto was too much pressure for him?

Toronto doesn't play a grinding game, the kind of game that suits Clarkson. He is never going to work in a flowing offense.

It's the Anti-Gaborik. No one will say Gabby is a waste. But he didn't work in Columbus. I would love Clarkson to regain his edge, but I am not expecting it. If he takes ice time from Boll, that is a win.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good work Jamie McLennan :clap: when did the canucks hire this guy? Did he play for Medicine Hat?

"he has value :clap:
hes a right handed dman who can play on the power play :clap:
who can kill penalties :clap:
he plays tough :clap:
your perfect #2 dman :clap:"

thank you thank you thank you Noodles ... I feel like i should be sending the guy flowers for this assessment

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on Lucic .. i have a feeling he will be a changed player this season after what hes gone through ... Id want him on my team

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in the cesspool theyre talking Alex Edler for Ryan O Reilly ... maybe I can play d next season

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto doesn't play a grinding game, the kind of game that suits Clarkson. He is never going to work in a flowing offense.

It's the Anti-Gaborik. No one will say Gabby is a waste. But he didn't work in Columbus. I would love Clarkson to regain his edge, but I am not expecting it. If he takes ice time from Boll, that is a win.

Clarkson played over a full season's worth of games more for Toronto than Gaborik did for Columbus. He used that extra 84 games to score 4 more points. No one would say that Gabby was a waste for Columbus because he wasn't a waste, he just didn't give them what they were presumably expecting. But if he'd performed the way Clarkson did in Toronto he would have been fairly labeled as a waste.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you've got a DeLorean then, because the league has changed and it's not done yet. It's becoming increasingly clear to me that nowadays if you can't skate, you can't play in the NHL. Some teams are learning this slower than others but they're all getting there.