• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So McDavid and Eichel go 1 and 2, let's assume Hanifin, Strome and Marner go 3-5 in some order, who do you guys think the Devils should go with at 6. Forget franchise need because they're in a situation where they can pretty much take anything. Either a forward since they need some help up there or D to add to the stockpile they have and make it easier to part ways with them in a moves for help up front.

Pavel Zacha, Ivan Provorov and Lawson Crouse, who would you go with?
Provorov or Zacha.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So McDavid and Eichel go 1 and 2, let's assume Hanifin, Strome and Marner go 3-5 in some order, who do you guys think the Devils should go with at 6. Forget franchise need because they're in a situation where they can pretty much take anything. Either a forward since they need some help up there or D to add to the stockpile they have and make it easier to part ways with them in a moves for help up front.

If I'm picking as high as 6th I stay away from Crouse. I'd probably go with Provorov out of those three.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Mike Reilly

Bwahahaha

Good luck with that one, OTT.

Next you will try and tell me that David Clarkson could be traded with his ridiculous contract :crazy:

Or that someone would take on Nathan Horton's contract!

Yes, one of those guys. Definitely not Rantanen. You don't want Rantanen. Stay away from Rantanen.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provorov is who I'd go with. Crouse, for some reason, is getting a lot of hype, I can't see it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that someone would take on Nathan Horton's contract!
Sorry. Nothing will ever surpass the hilarity of somebody taking Clarkson off our hands. Even if Horton returns and the Leafs have to pay him and he's a shell of his former self he'll still be better value than Clarkson.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Nothing will ever surpass the hilarity of somebody taking Clarkson off our hands. Even if Horton returns and the Leafs have to pay him and he's a shell of his former self he'll still be better value than Clarkson.

Yes, of course. All Hail TO.

Both teams fucked up that deal. But only Columbus REALLY fucked up because Leafs and reasons.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, of course. All Hail TO.

Both teams fucked up that deal. But only Columbus REALLY fucked up because Leafs and reasons.

How did the Leafs fuck up? They traded a bad asset that they couldn't recoup cap room on for a bad asset that they can recoup cap room on. How is that a fuck up?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Leafs fuck up? They traded a bad asset that they couldn't recoup cap room on for a bad asset that they can recoup cap room on. How is that a fuck up?

And the Bluejackets traded dead weight for a warm body that could eat minutes on a third line.

You may not think flushing 17 and a half mil is a fuck up. A lot of people disagree. Technically the Jackets are flushing just as much, but at least they might get something for it. I predict 10 goals before he is UFA.

It was a shit situation and both sides can try and spin it to make it look like it was a brilliant move. It wasn't. It just gets annoying how only Columbus is "crazy" for their role in it.

I guess that's what we get for not having $17m of teacher pensions to waste.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shut up, twatwaffle.

David Rundblad, like Tim Erixon but deceptively slow.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bluejackets traded dead weight for a warm body that could eat minutes on a third line.

You may not think flushing 17 and a half mil is a fuck up. A lot of people disagree. Technically the Jackets are flushing just as much, but at least they might get something for it. I predict 10 goals before he is UFA.

It was a shit situation and both sides can try and spin it to make it look like it was a brilliant move. It wasn't. It just gets annoying how only Columbus is "crazy" for their role in it.
One team has $5.5 mil/yr of David Clarkson counting against their cap, the other doesn't. The one that does willingly traded for that contract. Pretty much begins and ends there.

The money the Leafs are spending to pay Horton means nothing (may I remind you this is a team that is paying their coach $50 million?). The move maximizes the resources available to them to rebuild the team. In 2 years at the helm, it may have been the smartest thing Nonis did (although he was fixing his own mistake to begin with).

I guess that's what we get for not having $17m of telecom money to waste.
FIFY.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick comment re TOR and CBJ:

Post-trade, both teams feel that they are better off than they were before the trade. And arguably they both are better off.

I dont think its fair to call that a "F-U". Either side. I think both won.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Post-trade, both teams feel that they are better off than they were before the trade. And arguably they both are better off.

Someone always wins Special Olympics' events too. Just sayin'.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, some one pass Forty-three some happy pills

:D

I have a love/hate relationship with Portzline. There are few things on earth I *love* more than my *hate* for him.

But Toronto won more, right? RIGHT?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Toronto won more, right? RIGHT?

I pray on a daily basis that, before I die, I am able to say that. About anything.

i am seriously considering a blood sacrifice to the Red God, just to end the misery of Leaf Nation.