• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

Guzlightyear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,043.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Barrie I think is going to be a stud at D, and Erik Johnson has finally found his game. If Phaneuf comes to Colorado he will definitely be a top-4 guy. Even with that addition the Avs D is still average at best.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this idea if the Leafa are forced to take Hanifin at 4
After the Flames put in an offer sheet for Dougie Hamilton that the Bruins refuse to match, the B's can trade Milan Lucic to Vancouver for Kevin Bieksa and Sven Baertschi.

What should Bruins do with Milan Lucic? - Article - TSN
if the B's will part with their first rounder, Leafs should take Lucic and Marchand off their hands then trade them while eating half their salaries.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the B's will part with their first rounder, Leafs should take Lucic and Marchand off their hands then trade them while eating half their salaries.

I like it. Buying draft picks. Chapter 3 of "The Shanaplan" (TM)

Wouldnt mind seeing Marchand stick around though. The sideshow value should not be underestimated.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so here we are... hawks are champs again

off season is here. so much is going on leading up to the draft. here we go

How easy will a Kessel trade be for Leafs? - Article - TSN

these guys are discussing that Kessel should be able to fetch the 4th or 5th overall and a prospect.

I dont see that with his contract.

Here are the players who have more points than Kessel over the past 4 years: Giroux, Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares.

All except Tavares have "worse" contracts. And if any of them were put on the trading block every team in the league wouldn't hesitate to give up that package for him.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very interesting. Overall, the theory is sound, but, just because Pollock was spectacularly successful with it, isnt a big deal to me. My biggest concern with the approach is the fact that when Pollock used this approach, at worst he had the #12 pick. Today the worst a first rounder is will be #30. There is a huge gap in quality between 12 and 30.

Yes, the author acknowledges this when he goes on to say the Leafs need to target teams that think they will make the playoffs, but dont. Fair enough, but that makes it a much less sure thing.

Overall though, I like it. Particularly the emphasis the author places on human nature. Very, very true.

Oh, and I loved Secret Category 13. :heh:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Buying draft picks. Chapter 3 of "The Shanaplan" (TM)

Wouldnt mind seeing Marchand stick around though. The sideshow value should not be underestimated.
Hahaha. Unfortunately both he and Looch have NTC's and I'm guessing they won't be waiving them for anything Leaf-related.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greening, Lehner and Cowen to Edmonton for Jorban Eberle?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chiarelli has half a brain, and I do believe he does, Edmonton isn't moving any of Eberle, Yakupov, RNH, Hall, Nurse etc. this summer. It ain't happening. It would be dumb as hell to not wait and see how they do under Todd.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greening, Lehner and Cowen to Edmonton for Jorban Eberle?

Sadly this might have worked a year ago. I doubt Chiarelli is that dumb. That package MIGHT land a Yakupov, but even that is still unlikely. The Oilers would likely be asking for the 2015 1st rounder.

Way too lop-sided - Ottawa needs to add Mark Stone.

:D

ill-beat-a-motherfucker-with-another-motherfucker.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Chicago and Minnesota are the front-runners for Mike Reilly...

Last edited:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I might put the Flames first round pick in a package to land Eric Staal...

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Asked about potential trades, Francis said, "I'm more open to discussing changes and making changes" than a year ago.

Francis again said Canes could consider trading down in first round of draft but said it likely would be a "draft-floor decision."

Canes GM Ron Francis says conversations continue with Eric Staal, Cam Ward on possible contract extensions. Says "still early in process."