• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs drafted a Latvian (Martins Dzierkals) with the 68th pick.

Now we know they drafted at least one sure-fire All Star, right Zemgus?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
210 is the second last pick of the draft right?

/at least its not THE 210

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a trade off you have to make. Hopefully one day they can get a similar return for Reinhart from a team with defensive depth but needing help up the middle.

There was no way Murray could pass up a 1-2 punch of Eichel and O'Reilly up the middle. That instantly makes Buffalo one of the toughest teams to come up against in the East.

The thing is that they've still gotta sign him. If he opts for free agency at the end of the year you've traded for a rental. And I would think it will cost a lost to keep him from doing that, since he's probably thinking that after one year with an increased role and icetime he'll be in great shape to cash in. Hell, that's what I'd be thinking even if I wanted to stay in Buffalo, basically "pay me as if I've already had the season that you hope I'm going to have" would be my approach.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that they've still gotta sign him. If he opts for free agency at the end of the year you've traded for a rental. And I would think it will cost a lost to keep him from doing that, since he's probably thinking that after one year with an increased role and icetime he'll be in great shape to cash in. Hell, that's what I'd be thinking even if I wanted to stay in Buffalo, basically "pay me as if I've already had the season that you hope I'm going to have" would be my approach.
You could say that about Dougie Hamilton in Calgary, too. Nobody's calling that a bad pickup, though. I'm sure BUF and ROR will work it out.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say that about Dougie Hamilton in Calgary, too. Nobody's calling that a bad pickup, though. I'm sure BUF and ROR will work it out.

It is not the same. Dougie Hamilton is not a UFA after this season. Calgary has his rights for 4 more seasons.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this was basically a lock. Sorry for your loss dude. Huge get.

Wouldn't have hurt as much if the Jackets hadn't thrown Wisniewski away.

Not sure why you were so high on Provorov and not on Werenski. Both have oodles of potential.

Also, The Shrew is an excellent name for Bettman.

I just felt like Provorov fit better with the current crop of Jackets defenders. But the story out this morning is that the Jackets had Hanifin 1, then Werenski a close 2, then Provorov. So Werenski was "their guy" all along.

Their fourth D was Carlsson and they got him late in the first (Thanks Leafs). So to get two of the four guys they aimed at is pretty good. It kind of smacks of the Jackets grabbing Dano two years ago. Not many people seemed to agree with it, and he's already worked out pretty well. Let's hope Gabriel follows that path.

I guess the European scouting is not as big a priority for some teams.

Now this makes sense

Not so much to me, why did ANA trade for Wiz, not use him at all in the playoffs an then move him that offseason? Did they get five games out of him?

John Gibson has to be in this deal

ANA would have been stupid to let Gibson go away. He is the next big goaltending star.

The Flames want all the defensemen :D

You have too many. We'll take that RFA guy if you want.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty nice coup grabbing Bittner in the second. Oliver Bjorkstrand's linemate in Portland and he's 6'4" and 210 already. He also apparently lives with the family that Johansen lived with when he was a Hawk. Seems pretty jazzed to have the chance to keep playing with someone he knows.

I may take a few trips up to Cleveland to watch him and Bjorkstrand in the A this year.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty nice coup grabbing Bittner in the second. Oliver Bjorkstrand's linemate in Portland and he's 6'4" and 210 already. He also apparently lives with the family that Johansen lived with when he was a Hawk. Seems pretty jazzed to have the chance to keep playing with someone he knows.

I may take a few trips up to Cleveland to watch him and Bjorkstrand in the A this year.

Bittner can't play in the AHL next year I don't imagine

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was still moved because his demands were too high. It's safe to assume both receiving teams believe they can sign him.

If the Flames can't sign him long-term they can still keep, play and pay him year to year for 4 more seasons. If the Sabres can't sign O'Reilly long-term he is gone (with no compensation) before Eichel even turns 20.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flames can't sign him long-term they can still keep, play and pay him year to year for 4 more seasons. If the Sabres can't sign O'Reilly long-term he is gone (with no compensation) before Eichel even turns 20.
Like I said, I doubt they don't re-sign him. Probably as soon as they can.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I doubt they don't re-sign him. Probably as soon as they can.

I wouldn't have made that trade without that pre-arranged, but I haven't heard any mention of there having been anything like that or any discussion.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers3m3 minutes ago BREAKING: #Flyers have acquired Sam Gagner & a pick from ARI for Nicklas Grossmann & the contract of Chris Pronger

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Pronger cap hit $4.9M. Actual salary: $575,000. As @TGfireandice adds, could go into the Hall of Fame on Monday.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac
The Flyers just shed $5.2 million in one swoop.

and the Yotes are 5 million closer to the cap floor (lol)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers found their replacement for Cam Talbot...

Chicago Blackhawks @NHLBlackhawks
The #Blackhawks have acquired forward Ryan Haggerty from the Rangers in exchange for goaltender Antti Raanta.