• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nD0Rjm9.jpg

Artists rendering of what his debit will look like.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys! I had the most horrible nightmare. I dreamed that Jarmo was body snatched and he...

fuck.

The spin, and it's very thin at this point, is that since Horton's contract was not insured the Jackets were having some trouble paying it. They are not super rich and can't just throw 5 mil at nothing. They had to find a player that can (almost) play who has an equal dud of a contract so if they have to pay money, at least they get a warm body on the ice.

And they are also saying that in the Jackets system that Clarkson could get back to what made him so attractive to the Leafs in the first place. Time will tell. I also think that live monkeys will fly out of my derriere.

The best case scenario is that he has been brought in (with an insured contract) to be a sacrifice to the heathen God that has been picking off Jackets players, one by one.

I was not aware of the insurance aspect. That does make some sense but they are going to have a lot of money tied up in iffy contacts for the next few years. (If my understanding of their contacts is correct).

Also part of me wanted Toronto to have to live with their shitty contact.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timonen traded to Chicago.

Philadelphia Flyers @NHLFlyers
BREAKING: #Flyers have traded Kimmo Timonen to CHI for a 2015 2nd-round draft pick & a 2016 conditional draft pick →

That's a pretty nice return considering Timonen hasn't played this year.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, who else has missed the whole season so far? They are next to be traded.

Pronger to the Leafs? He already works in Toronto.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have here...is a seller's market.

What do you think Perron would've cost right now? Man alive.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th rounder is conditional for the Philly too. If Timmonen plays in 50% and Hawks win two rounds, it's a 3rd; if 50% and wins 3 rounds it's a 2nd.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everything about this deal is great!

Kimmo gets to go to a team that has a legitimate shot of making a deep playoff run and the Flyers get some real good picks in return, which they desperately needed

I wish Kimmo all the best! I appreciate him for the player he is but most importantly, the person he is - his heart is bigger than any player I've watched, and lots of players have huge hearts

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, maybe those weird rumors about Sharp are true?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, maybe those weird rumors about Sharp are true?

I'm curious what the trade might look like if it does happen

Could Chicago be interested in Marcus Johansson(a center), or dare I say it, Mike Green?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what the trade might look like if it does happen

Could Chicago be interested in Marcus Johansson(a center), or dare I say it, Mike Green?

I could see the Green thing...sort of. But, I assume cap comes into play at some point? Maybe? But, if they move Sharp that means they need a few top 6 (or 9) forwards. It's a lot of shuffling of the deck. I don't know the drama side of things, but on the hockey end, it's a bit risky to move a forward when you're already down one.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Green thing...sort of. But, I assume cap comes into play at some point? Maybe? But, if they move Sharp that means they need a few top 6 (or 9) forwards. It's a lot of shuffling of the deck. I don't know the drama side of things, but on the hockey end, it's a bit risky to move a forward when you're already down one.

Agreed about moving forwards at this point - the best time to move him would be in the offseason - they should be looking at getting rental forwards

Maybe they look at doing a two for one deal where they get, let's say Joel Ward and another forward for Patrick Sharp?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about moving forwards at this point - the best time to move him would be in the offseason - they should be looking at getting rental forwards

Maybe they look at doing a two for one deal where they get, let's say Joel Ward and another forward for Patrick Sharp?

Then...Washington's motivation? Unless the move coincides with a Green trade for F help. In WSH case, I don't see them moving NHL roster talent. Just doesn't seem like a good fit, but hey...Clarkson was traded, anything is possible, eh?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then...Washington's motivation? Unless the move coincides with a Green trade for F help. In WSH case, I don't see them moving NHL roster talent. Just doesn't seem like a good fit, but hey...Clarkson was traded, anything is possible, eh?

I think the case could be made that Washington, while playing really well with the system they have, might benefit having another sniper on their team

I'm not saying they should do it, but you could make that case

I think there are better fits than Washington, though

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the case could be made that Washington, while playing really well with the system they have, might benefit having another sniper on their team

I'm not saying they should do it, but you could make that case

I think there are better fits than Washington, though

I feel like Sharp hasn't been that kind of guy this year...but, not like I've been watching him often.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised about the sharp trade talk. It's been rumored for a couple years that one of chicago's core forwards would have to be moved eventually as a result of the Kane-towes contracts eating up cap space

Between keeping Hossa and sharp, I'm keeping Hossa