• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers were smart, they would have looked at moving A-Mac for James Wisniewski and Nathan Horton - Flyers have plenty of $$$$ to pay a guy not to play and Wiz has two less years on his contract than A-Mac and the Flyers could have conceivably either moved Wiz afterwards or just have him replace one of the other d-men that they'd look to move

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7M salary in 16/17 and 17/18

Ooof thats right. (I miss capgeek)

And the bonuses for each of the next 2 years is 5 million per (2 mill base salary)

DAMN!!!

That contract is STILL buyout proof

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers were smart, they would have looked at moving A-Mac for James Wisniewski and Nathan Horton - Flyers have plenty of $$$$ to pay a guy not to play and Wiz has two less years on his contract than A-Mac and the Flyers could have conceivably either moved Wiz afterwards or just have him replace one of the other d-men that they'd look to move
My guess if Columbus was asking Wiz to waive his no move is that they think they can get value for him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess if Columbus was asking Wiz to waive his no move is that they think they can get value for him.

From the sounds of it, it seemed like there weren't many suitors, if any

He has his faults but the contract isn't bad, length wise

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard in the canucks radio pregame that theres a ROR to the sabres rumor

Anyone see it anywhere? Anyone know what is rumored to go the other way?

Wonder if coho is somehow involved. Crazy chemistry between he a duchene in junior

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if coho is somehow involved. Crazy chemistry between he a duchene in junior
I read somewhere yesterday that COL were talking to a few teams seriously about him but Roy was dead set against it. Could turn ugly in Denver.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun thought for the evening, the two draft picks the Devils got for Jagr will probably be 7-8 year younger than him...COMBINED.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Fun thought for the evening, the two draft picks the Devils got for Jagr will probably be 7-8 year younger than him...COMBINED.
When Ekblad was born, new teammate Jagr already had six NHL seasons under his belt.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the actual fuck?

Did I just read that Columbus traded Horton for Clarkson? With no salary retained by the Leafs? What... how... why?

I don't see the upside for Columbus with this move.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just dawned on me that the Blue Jackets, owned by Nationwide Insurance, couldn't insure Horton's contract. Think about that for a minute.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please please please let this be true!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually talking to my brother yesterday about the feasibility of the Red Wings trading for Wisniewski. He's a Detroit area native with a right-handed shot who is capable of getting shots through from the blue line and isn't afraid to put a body on someone. He would be a strong D-mate for DeKeyser or Smith. It would allow Babcock the ability to stop rotating linemates for Smith and actually build chemistry with someone for once.

Salary would have to go the other way in order for the Wings to take on his $5.5M cap hit, though. Would CBJ be interested in Kindl, a draft pick or two and a prospect not named Mantha or Larkin?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually talking to my brother yesterday about the feasibility of the Red Wings trading for Wisniewski. He's a Detroit area native with a right-handed shot who is capable of getting shots through from the blue line and isn't afraid to put a body on someone. He would be a strong D-mate for DeKeyser or Smith. It would allow Babcock the ability to stop rotating linemates for Smith and actually build chemistry with someone for once.

Salary would have to go the other way in order for the Wings to take on his $5.5M cap hit, though. Would CBJ be interested in Kindl, a draft pick or two and a prospect not named Mantha or Larkin?
FWIW, I've heard way more Phaneuf-to-Detroit rumours than I'm guessing Red Wings fans are comfortable with.

I think Detroit needs a defenceman, but I also though letting Hudler and Filppula walk for nothing was a dumb thing to do (not to mention signing Weiss, but...). Holland plays by his own rules, logic be damned. If Detroit does nothing and winds up a first round victim, nobody will question anything and the excuse will be "youth movement" rather than "stubborn GM wasting a season".

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I've heard way more Phaneuf-to-Detroit rumours than I'm guessing Red Wings fans are comfortable with.

I think Detroit needs a defenceman, but I also though letting Hudler and Filppula walk for nothing was a dumb thing to do (not to mention signing Weiss, but...). Holland plays by his own rules, logic be damned. If Detroit does nothing and winds up a first round victim, nobody will question anything and the excuse will be "youth movement" rather than "stubborn GM wasting a season".

Haha. You've heard Phaneuf-to-everywhere rumors because Leafland is praying someone will take him. It's very quiet on this side of the fence, my friend.

I think Holland doesn't have to make a move and the Wings could still make a deep run. All four forward lines can score and play defense. Howard has been a top ten goalie with guys in front of him this year and there are no shootouts in the postseason [praise Christ!]. The main weakness of this team has really been not quite finding the right guy to pair with Smith. They've rotated Kindl, Lashoff, Ouellet and Marchenko in with him and it's just not quite clicking. If they get that 3rd D-pair clicking and everyone healthy, the Wings will be a very tough out in the playoffs.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botchford:

BEST TRADE TALK

The Canucks are interested in Phil Kessel like they are interested in every potential 40-goal scorer who is on the market.
But even more so than Kane, they don’t currently believe this can happen. It seems it’s just not the right time in the organization’s life cycle for a deal like this.
Their young players, prospects and draft picks are just too important to them.
But, hey, they do really want a goal scoring winger.

regarding a Higgins trade:

I don’t think it ends up happening. But I think it will be and should be considered.
Still think the Big Guy gets moved, however.

icymi ... "the Big Guy" is Kassians nickname

the team rumored to be in on kassian has been Boston all along ... the names mentioned going the other way have been bartkowski and or Khoklachev :L

Ive seen a rumor to not be surprised after the fact if it comes out that Kassian asked for a trade :L