• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...5/02/jackets-seeking-to-trade-wisniewski.html

Deeper dive on the Wiz situation.

This part got me:
"I don't ever think ... if you're going to question my effort, I think there's something wrong with whoever is judging my effort, because I don't think that's ever the case," Wisniewski said. "I dive in front of shots. I'm always battling. I can tell you ... nobody can ever question my effort.

"I think it's just performance based. Sometimes I guess it's not good enough. They want to show that whoever's not playing is going to take a seat. If you're not performing up to the standards every night, there's another guy who will replace you."

Wisniewski said Richards has not offered specifics about where his game needs to improve.

All things considered, I'd rather Richards left and Wiz stayed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Erin...real quiet out there.

(Hey, it worked before...)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...5/02/jackets-seeking-to-trade-wisniewski.html

Deeper dive on the Wiz situation.

This part got me:
"I don't ever think ... if you're going to question my effort, I think there's something wrong with whoever is judging my effort, because I don't think that's ever the case," Wisniewski said. "I dive in front of shots. I'm always battling. I can tell you ... nobody can ever question my effort.

"I think it's just performance based. Sometimes I guess it's not good enough. They want to show that whoever's not playing is going to take a seat. If you're not performing up to the standards every night, there's another guy who will replace you."

Wisniewski said Richards has not offered specifics about where his game needs to improve.

All things considered, I'd rather Richards left and Wiz stayed.

"Wiz, you're a disgrace out there."
"Sorry, coach, what can I do better?"
"You can removed your head from your ass!"
"O...kay coach, but really, I want to improve, tell me what I need to do!"
"You NEED to get better! I can't even look at you!"
"Sure, sure, I get it, not playing well...but, um, how so?"
"What do I look like Wiz, a freaking magician? Figure it out!"

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Leddy just agreed to a 7 year deal with the Isles. That's awesome.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Leddy just agreed to a 7 year deal with the Isles. That's awesome.

5.5M per is pretty good for what Leddy brings. I'll be interested to see if they keep Boychuk though.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have plenty of cap space to lock up Boychuk too.

They have the room, but they also have a ton of guys who are up for contract it appears. Boychuk is due a healthy bump in salary. As it stands, it looks like they have $5.5M in space NOW, and I'll assume the cap doesn't budge for next year. They have a lot of RFAs, but that doesn't mean a raise isn't in order.

RFA: Nelson, Lee, Hickey, Donovan
UFA: Boychuk, Vishnovsky, Boulton, McDonald, Mouillieret

Four or five bigger ones, I'd say. It's certainly completely possible, but Nelson is at $900k (he's hit bonuses too), Lee is at $851k. Those two alone probably go up in the $3M range, I'd wager. RFA protection of course. They're not in a bad spot really, but they can't be too gung-ho about things.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sekac a decent player? I thought Smith-Pely was one of the ducks better younger kids. Didn't the Canucks try to get him in the kesler deal?

I think so - he got off to a good start but struggled lately, and part of that is being a rookie

DSP is up and down - he can look really good some nights and then other nights he's inconsistent, and it shows in his ice time

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rather seen Rene Bourque traded for Sekac, but otherwise it's only a tiny domino.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the room, but they also have a ton of guys who are up for contract it appears. Boychuk is due a healthy bump in salary. As it stands, it looks like they have $5.5M in space NOW, and I'll assume the cap doesn't budge for next year. They have a lot of RFAs, but that doesn't mean a raise isn't in order.

Four or five bigger ones, I'd say. It's certainly completely possible, but Nelson is at $900k (he's hit bonuses too), Lee is at $851k. Those two alone probably go up in the $3M range, I'd wager. RFA protection of course. They're not in a bad spot really, but they can't be too gung-ho about things.

Agreed - they're not in a bad spot now but they better be careful with the contracts - you want to have some wiggle room

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sekac a decent player? I thought Smith-Pely was one of the ducks better younger kids. Didn't the Canucks try to get him in the kesler deal?

I thought he looked promising. Some nights he showed lots of skill and talent, other nights he was invisible. Kind of typical for a rookie.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention a particular Toronto-bred centre who's contract is up in a few years and will probably be eligible to make $15 million/yr by that point.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention a particular Toronto-bred centre who's contract is up in a few years and will probably be eligible to make $15 million/yr by that point.

Man is his contract a bloody steal right now. I'm not sure he'll go anywhere simply because we're in an era where guys seem to be pretty loyal (not sure that it's necessarily unique to this era, but seems like it's popular), but if there was a guy that'd go he'd be a decent candidate. Moreso than Stamkos. But they're getting a new arena, team is performing, etc.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man is his contract a bloody steal right now. I'm not sure he'll go anywhere simply because we're in an era where guys seem to be pretty loyal (not sure that it's necessarily unique to this era, but seems like it's popular), but if there was a guy that'd go he'd be a decent candidate. Moreso than Stamkos. But they're getting a new arena, team is performing, etc.
I was stunned when he signed for so long.

I think a lot will have to do with how much he likes/dislikes BK.

Like you said, though, it's rare that teams let star players leave these days.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT isn't going anywhere. The Isles will pay the $15M if they have to (I hope it doesn't get to that of course). Grabbo and Kulimen come off the books the year JT goes to FA. There's his money.
Thank you, fortune teller/accountant.

Guess you missed these two posts:

I was stunned when he signed for so long.

I think a lot will have to do with how much he likes/dislikes BK.

Like you said, though, it's rare that teams let star players leave these days.