• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the rumor mill seem...a bit quieter this year? I know there's still plenty of time, but for some reason it seems a bit calm at the moment. Of course having a few big moves already made probably doesn't help ramp things up. And the whole cap staying put thing.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Does the rumor mill seem...a bit quieter this year? I know there's still plenty of time, but for some reason it seems a bit calm at the moment. Of course having a few big moves already made probably doesn't help ramp things up. And the whole cap staying put thing.
wheels are in motion

@Ledger_NJDevils 9h9 hours ago
26 NHL scouts are on press box seating chart for tonight's Devils-Coyotes game. 4 from Flames, 2 from Stars, Detroit, Chi, StL, Isles.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheels are in motion

@Ledger_NJDevils 9h9 hours ago
26 NHL scouts are on press box seating chart for tonight's Devils-Coyotes game. 4 from Flames, 2 from Stars, Detroit, Chi, StL, Isles.

It really is my favorite time of the year. Could simply be because the Pens aren't likely going to make any moves (I'd be a bit surprised...not Jimmy's thing, deadline moves) and therefore it seems quieter. Also, the Devils need to give up. I know that's a hard thing to do...but sheesh. At least give the Pens Jags, please. Or trade him to the West. THOSE ARE YOUR ONLY OPTIONS, YOU HEAR ME LOU?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is my favorite time of the year. Could simply be because the Pens aren't likely going to make any moves (I'd be a bit surprised...not Jimmy's thing, deadline moves) and therefore it seems quieter. Also, the Devils need to give up. I know that's a hard thing to do...but sheesh. At least give the Pens Jags, please. Or trade him to the West. THOSE ARE YOUR ONLY OPTIONS, YOU HEAR ME LOU?
Managing a contender isn't exactly Jimmy's thing, either, but things are different now.

I can see him standing pat, but is this the Pens team that (at least) gets to the Cup final? Is there anything special about them compared even to their division rivals, let alone the TB's and Montreal Carey Prices? How many more years of Crosby and Malkin are going to be wasted on second round exits?

Then again, his predecessor wasted many assets on quick boosts that didn't help. I dunno. I wouldn't like to be in Rutherford's position.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of speculation that Glencross might have been heading to Anaheim for DSP. Oh well, I want Emerson Etem anyway :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God, I just want twatwaffle to shut up. All he does is throw shit and see what sticks. Just last week he was preaching that Wiz was not being shopped.

At least he has missed the fact that Howson was back in town this past weekend.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodbye Jiri, I hardly got to know you beyond the fact that your name backwards is Cakes.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really good trade for Montreal, trading a guy they took a flyer on for a youngster who can give them some good 3rd line minutes.

Which begs the question...the fuck is Bob Murray smoking?

The more I think about it, the more it looks good for the Ducks, because Jiri Sekac is only in year one of his ELC and with Matt Beleskey being a free agent after the season, they feel like Sekac could be a 20 goal scorer for much cheaper and think he could probably do that better than DSP

I like DSP but I'm not sure what the Habs are going to do next and if this is one of those "connect the dots" types of moves for them

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more it looks good for the Ducks, because Jiri Sekac is only in year one of his ELC and with Matt Beleskey being a free agent after the season, they feel like Sekac could be a 20 goal scorer for much cheaper and think he could probably do that better than DSP

I like DSP but I'm not sure what the Habs are going to do next and if this is one of those "connect the dots" types of moves for them
I just realized Sekac isn't as old as I thought he was. Having said that, I watched much more of him than I did Anaheim, obviously, and I didn't see anything special. That's just me, though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized Sekac isn't as old as I thought he was. Having said that, I watched much more of him than I did Anaheim, obviously, and I didn't see anything special. That's just me, though.

I don't think the Habs necessarily utilized him as much as they should have, so he might get more of an opportunity in Anaheim

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sekac was in Michel Therrien's Chateau Bow-wow...