• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking at Johansen, but their first rounder would be a must.

I have no idea what Kessel's value is to other GM's, but the Leafs aren't trading him out of desperation. I have no problem holding onto him - whoever winds up playing C will have one hell of a winger to feed the puck to.

Not gonna happen, in any way. Maybe to bring Nash back, but I don't see any way that Jarmo parts with that pick.

I don't understand (besides selling page views as you said) the screams to move him, I never have. I get he won't back check. But like I've said, OV won't back check. The Caps put people around him to ensure he doesn't have to. Jari Kurri made a HoF career out of being Gretz's defensive conscience.

The only way it makes any sense for him to move is if he decides he's had enough and asks out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen, in any way. Maybe to bring Nash back, but I don't see any way that Jarmo parts with that pick.

I don't understand (besides selling page views as you said) the screams to move him, I never have. I get he won't back check. But like I've said, OV won't back check. The Caps put people around him to ensure he doesn't have to. Jari Kurri made a HoF career out of being Gretz's defensive conscience.

The only way it makes any sense for him to move is if he decides he's had enough and asks out.
Why you so sure, or so dead-against (or both) against moving that pick? If the Jackets can get the winger they obviously need and are undoubtedly looking for (not Kessel in particular, but anyone worth it) why not move the pick for it? I understand the desire to keep it but if you're moving it for what you're hoping the pick becomes, why not make the move?

Given how wide open the east has been this season, and having no reason to believe it'll be any less wide open next year, why not go for it?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you so sure, or so dead-against (or both) against moving that pick? If the Jackets can get the winger they obviously need and are undoubtedly looking for (not Kessel in particular, but anyone worth it) why not move the pick for it? I understand the desire to keep it but if you're moving it for what you're hoping the pick becomes, why not make the move?

Given how wide open the east has been this season, and having no reason to believe it'll be any less wide open next year, why not go for it?

I think it's just in Jarmo's nature to be conservative. I agree, if they can get now what the pick could become, they should go for it. But the question is - who would that be? What exactly do they want? I think the Jackets wouldn't think twice moving it for Rick Nash, but he's not likely to be moved. There are obviously other pure bred studs that they would move it for as well (the Perrys, the P Kanes, etc) but I just don't know if they covet Kessel that much. Yeah, he would help immensely and Johansen's point production would double next year.

Hard to explain - they'd love him and could work well with him. But not sure he's so high on the shopping list that they'd give up the pick. I don't know if he carries with him the locker room cred that makes it worth sacrificing a likely high pick in an incredibly deep draft for.

It is a fine line, though. A very fine one.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just in Jarmo's nature to be conservative. I agree, if they can get now what the pick could become, they should go for it. But the question is - who would that be? What exactly do they want? I think the Jackets wouldn't think twice moving it for Rick Nash, but he's not likely to be moved. There are obviously other pure bred studs that they would move it for as well (the Perrys, the P Kanes, etc) but I just don't know if they covet Kessel that much. Yeah, he would help immensely and Johansen's point production would double next year.

Hard to explain - they'd love him and could work well with him. But not sure he's so high on the shopping list that they'd give up the pick. I don't know if he carries with him the locker room cred that makes it worth sacrificing a likely high pick in an incredibly deep draft for.

It is a fine line, though. A very fine one.
Not saying necessarily for Kessel, but if that pick winds up being 6th or 7th overall or even lower, I wouldn't think twice about trading it if it makes my team better today. I think you'd be dumb not to given the position that the Jackets are in.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
Bryan Murray offered 2 options to Chris Phillips. A trade to a contender or he can stay here in Ottawa. Sens are waiting for his answer.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
Bryan Murray offered 2 options to Chris Phillips. A trade to a contender or he can stay here in Ottawa. Sens are waiting for his answer.

Why the hell does he blab about every thing he ever discusses with his players?

Wait a week, and if Phillips says he wants to be traded, just come out and say afterward what happened. If he decides to stay, then say nothing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying necessarily for Kessel, but if that pick winds up being 6th or 7th overall or even lower, I wouldn't think twice about trading it if it makes my team better today. I think you'd be dumb not to given the position that the Jackets are in.

Problem with that is they won't know until well after the deadline what the pick will wind up being. So I expect he will err on the side of caution, save for a few names.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DarrenDreger

Devils still believe they're in the playoff hunt, so Jagr trade discussions very temporarily on hold. Still trade bait. @NHLonNBCSports

lmao

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lou should visit the SportsClubStats web site to see how they rate the Devils playoff chances...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lou should visit the SportsClubStats web site to see how they rate the Devils playoff chances...

Lou isn't an analytical type of guy, so that probably won't be happening anytime soon

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that is they won't know until well after the deadline what the pick will wind up being. So I expect he will err on the side of caution, save for a few names.
Completely agree, definitely shouldn't do it until after the season/lottery.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1h1 hour ago Calgary, Alberta

After discussions close to Glencross situation I believe his list of teams he would accept a trade to is up 5-7. It was one

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Glengarry has been bitchin' about ice time - I think he knows what he has to do to earn more ice time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Glengarry has been bitchin' about ice time - I think he knows what he has to do to earn more ice time.

Be traded, apparently.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Anaheim, they inked Tim Jackman to a 1 year deal earlier today (700 grand)