• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Draft thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres my post combine 1st round mock
1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Leonard Williams
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Kevin White
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Amari Cooper
7 CHI Marcus Mariota
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Trae Waynes
10 STL Brandon Sherff
11 MIN Ereck Flowers
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Dorial Green-Beckham
16 HOU Landon Collins
17 SD Andrus Peat
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Kevin Johnson
21 CIN La'el Collins
22 PIT PJ Williams
23 DET Cameron Erving
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Melvin Gordon
27 DAL Malcom Brown
28 DEN Devin Funchess
29 IND Randy Gregory
30 GB Jordan Phillips
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Jake Fisher

Unless something crazy happens Gregory is not getting that far down the draft board. He is overrated don't get me wrong but he is a top-10 pick in this draft. Not a fan of your Bronco pick either at this point. I'll have to see what they do in FA but would much rather have any of the 4 other players you have picked behind the Broncos pick. Phillips fills the need at NT the Broncos have, Gregory gives the Broncos a kid that can grow behind DeMarcus Ware and take over when he is done to pair with Von Miller and give them a great 1-2 punch at OLB, Maxx Williams is a more polished TE than Funchess and has probably some of the best hands in this draft class, and Fisher seems like a quick riser on draft boards and fits perfectly into the Broncos new ZBS with his great athleticism. I don't mind Funchess but just not my top choice at that point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres my post combine 1st round mock
1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Leonard Williams
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Kevin White
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Amari Cooper
7 CHI Marcus Mariota
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Trae Waynes
10 STL Brandon Scherff
11 MIN Ereck Flowers
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Dorial Green-Beckham
16 HOU Landon Collins
17 SD Andrus Peat
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Kevin Johnson
21 CIN La'el Collins
22 PIT PJ Williams
23 DET Cameron Erving
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Melvin Gordon
27 DAL Malcom Brown
28 DEN Devin Funchess
29 IND Randy Gregory
30 GB Jordan Phillips
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Jake Fisher
My guess:

1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Marcus Mariota
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Leonard Williams
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Kevin White
7 CHI Trae Waynes
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Ereck Flowers
10 STL Brandon Scherff
11 MIN Amari Cooper
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Andrus Peat
16 HOU Dorial Green-Beckham
17 SD La'el Collins
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Brett Hundley
21 CIN Landon Collins
22 PIT Kevin Johnson
23 DET Malcolm Brown
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Randy Gregory
27 DAL Jordan Phillips
28 DEN Sammie Coates
29 IND Todd Gurley
30 GB Quinton Rollins
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Cameron Erving

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess:

1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Marcus Mariota
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Leonard Williams
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Kevin White
7 CHI Trae Waynes
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Ereck Flowers
10 STL Brandon Scherff
11 MIN Amari Cooper
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Andrus Peat
17 SD La'el Collins
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Brett Hundley
21 CIN Landon Collins
22 PIT Kevin Johnson
23 DET Malcolm Brown
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Randy Gregory
27 DAL Jordan Phillips
28 DEN Sammie Coates
29 IND Todd Gurley
30 GB Quinton Rollins
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Cameron Erving

Why do you think the Broncos will take a WR? Elway has said that they will Franchise D. Thomas if they can't get a deal done, they have Sanders as a very solid #2 WR, and then used a 2nd round pick on a high potential guy in Latimer last year. I guess to me I just see that as somewhat a waste of a pick as the guy will spend most of the year on the bench. Throw in the Broncos are going to use more of a 2-TE or 1-TE 1 FB type look under Kubiak meaning even the 3rd WR on the team isn't going to see the field but maybe 40% of the plays let alone a 4th receiver.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think the Broncos will take a WR? Elway has said that they will Franchise D. Thomas if they can't get a deal done, they have Sanders as a very solid #2 WR, and then used a 2nd round pick on a high potential guy in Latimer last year. I guess to me I just see that as somewhat a waste of a pick as the guy will spend most of the year on the bench. Throw in the Broncos are going to use more of a 2-TE or 1-TE 1 FB type look under Kubiak meaning even the 3rd WR on the team isn't going to see the field but maybe 40% of the plays let alone a 4th receiver.
I thought about mocking an OT due to Franklin maybe leaving but I didn't see one anywhere near the value. TE would be a reach. I have it as a reach for Seattle, too, but...its Seattle and they find a way.

Its a lot harder to mock for good teams because you have to project who they'll want a couple of years from now. You do have a point about Latimer, though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard for me to not mock Shelton to Chicago. NT's are a must in the 3-4; even if the base is less emphasized than ever. Can't just be a nickel team in this era.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about mocking an OT due to Franklin maybe leaving but I didn't see one anywhere near the value. TE would be a reach. I have it as a reach for Seattle, too, but...its Seattle and they find a way.

Its a lot harder to mock for good teams because you have to project who they'll want a couple of years from now. You do have a point about Latimer, though.

I guess to me a guy like Cameron Irving makes sense as he can play pretty much any position on the OL with decent success and with the Broncos looking for 3 new starters on the OL versatility would be huge. Another would be DJ Humphries of Florida. He is a name quickly rising up draft boards where some are now saying some teams think his athleticism makes him the most gifted OL player in the entire draft but that he needs coached up. With us going to the ZBS athleticism is very important so those are two guys I think I would take. I agree the TE position really doesn't have that 1st round type player but I think I would take Williams over Coates as Williams would stand a better chance of making an impact year 1 and 4 years from now. The way things are looking for the Broncos Coates might not even see the field hardly until year 3 or 4 as DT will most likely get locked up long-term and the other two are signed for the next few years. Another position might be that ILB spot with McKinney. All of these guys could be starting year 1 for the Broncos.

Good work on this by the way. Hard to know every team and all the needs and prospect fits. Such a guessing game at this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work on this by the way. Hard to know every team and all the needs and prospect fits. Such a guessing game at this point.
I'll admit that I glazed over the last 8 or so picks because I was late to get somewhere and I just had to make a mock with Mariota at 2 because he is going top 3 trade or not.

Cameron Erving makes a lot of sense. Humphries has really good footwork. I see him as a decent LT prospect while Erving looks more like a Center or Guard in a Zone Blocking system.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something crazy happens Gregory is not getting that far down the draft board. He is overrated don't get me wrong but he is a top-10 pick in this draft.

I think it already happened when he showed up at the combine weighing 235# unless he can put 12 to 15# on by his pro day and maintain his 40 times he better be ready for a slide. I think GM's will remember Aaron Maybin and Dion Jordan who both had similar body types Maybin got pushed around in the NFL and Jordan bulked up but is slow now.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit mocking Maxx Williams to the Seahawks guys, that isn't going to happen. He's not that good and the Seahawks have more pressing needs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB really is one of the hardest positions to transition to in the pros. Heck guys like Sherman and Revis were considered almost human their rookie years. So if the potential is there and some decent tape (which Waynes actually has) then I think he is one worth taking a chance on. Teams will need to protect him a bit though as I think teams who take a Corner early just expect they are going to be a Sherman or Revis from day 1 and that is just not the case. Then we see some of these young corners lose all confidence and some just never recover. I'm afraid we might see that with Gilbert. All the talent in the world but his team really did him no favors.

Agreed...but if you can cover, you will figure it out. You can still expect to get burnt a few times along the way. Confidence goes a long way at all positions, but that one in particular...you can't be mentally fragile.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it already happened when he showed up at the combine weighing 235# unless he can put 12 to 15# on by his pro day and maintain his 40 times he better be ready for a slide. I think GM's will remember Aaron Maybin and Dion Jordan who both had similar body types Maybin got pushed around in the NFL and Jordan bulked up but is slow now.

He will drop, but not into the 20s.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from the sound of it teams have been just blown away by Winston and his intelligence. There are reports that teams have not seen a player this smart when it comes to football since Manning was going through these interviews. I don't think Winston falls if he gets by Tampa. I think Tennessee actually takes him as I do think teams are starting to view Winston much higher after the Combine process. From what I understand he did a very good job of showing that he has matured and that he has put the red flag issues behind him.

I've always had him as the #1 talent for the position and felt TB would take him...Matured...Let's just say he's a pretty good actor...when he starts cashing the paychecks and the cameras are off of him...we'll find out how much he's matured.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the end of my mock would actually be:

28 DEN Cameron Erving
29 IND Todd Gurley
30 GB Quinton Rollins
31 SEA Sammie Coates
32 NE Melvin Gordon

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess:

1 TB Jameis Winston
2 TEN Marcus Mariota
3 JAX Dante Fowler
4 OAK Leonard Williams
5 WAS Vic Beasley
6 NYJ Kevin White
7 CHI Trae Waynes
8 ATL Shane Ray
9 NYG Ereck Flowers
10 STL Brandon Scherff
11 MIN Amari Cooper
12 CLE Devante Parker
13 NO Marcus Peters
14 MIA Eddie Goldman
15 SF Andrus Peat
17 SD La'el Collins
18 KC Jaelen Strong
19 CLE Danny Shelton
20 PHI Brett Hundley
21 CIN Landon Collins
22 PIT Kevin Johnson
23 DET Malcolm Brown
24 ARI Alvin Dupree
25 CAR TJ Clemmings
26 BAL Randy Gregory
27 DAL Jordan Phillips
28 DEN Sammie Coates
29 IND Todd Gurley
30 GB Quinton Rollins
31 SEA Maxx Williams
32 NE Cameron Erving

Another strong effort.

Overall...Whisenhunt is probably going to trade down unless somebody higher than him says take MM...he's more of drop back kind of guy. Williams @ 2 or trade down for Shelton seems to make more sense than QB.

Interesting you have Hundley going in the 1st...I really think CLE would be wise to take that kid @ 19 but Shelton with Phil Taylor gives them 2 strong interior DL.

PIT...they are all over the board. Based on your board, with Waynes & Peters off the board and Dupree still on...I think they would take the LB and come back in the 2nd rd for a guy like Byron Jones, PJ Williams, or Alex Carter.

STL...finally your team...at least short term, most people feel Scherff is a G in this league and some feel he could drop into the 20s even...if I was a Rams fan I would really hope Flowers is on the board

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first crude 32 team Mock.

1. TB Jameis Winston
  2. Tenn Leonard Williams
  3. JAX Vic Beasley
  4. OAK Kevin White
  5. WASH Dante Fowler Jr.
  6. NYJ Amari Cooper
  7. CHI Danny Shelton
  8. ATL Randy Gregory
  9. NYG Andrus Peat
  10. STL Marcus Mariota
  11. MINN Shane Ray
  12. CLE DeVante Parker
  13. NO Trae Waynes
  14. MIA Marcus Peters
  15. SF La'el Collins
  16. HOU PJ Williams
  17. SD TJ Clemmings
  18. KC Ereck Flowers
  19. CLE (from Buff) Eddie Goldman
  20. PHI Landon Collins
  21. CIN Benadrick McKinney
  22. Pitt Jalen Collins
  23. DET Malcom Brown
  24. ARI Alvin Dupree
  25. CAR Jaelon Strong
  26. BAL Melvin Gordon
  27. DAL Byron Jones
  28. DEN Cameron Erving
  29. Indy Shaq Thompson
  30. GB Jordan Phillips
  31. SEA Sammie Coates
  32. NE Carl Davis

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another strong effort.

Overall...Whisenhunt is probably going to trade down unless somebody higher than him says take MM...he's more of drop back kind of guy. Williams @ 2 or trade down for Shelton seems to make more sense than QB.

Interesting you have Hundley going in the 1st...I really think CLE would be wise to take that kid @ 19 but Shelton with Phil Taylor gives them 2 strong interior DL.

PIT...they are all over the board. Based on your board, with Waynes & Peters off the board and Dupree still on...I think they would take the LB and come back in the 2nd rd for a guy like Byron Jones, PJ Williams, or Alex Carter.

STL...finally your team...at least short term, most people feel Scherff is a G in this league and some feel he could drop into the 20s even...if I was a Rams fan I would really hope Flowers is on the board
Ive seen one scout report that if Mariota and Hundley switched teams in college, they wouldn't rule out Hundley winning a Heisman in Oregon's system. I think Hundley represents a first round value to the Eagles, a 2nd round value to a team that has a QB for now but needs one in the future and a 3rd round value to a team that needs a QB to start from Day 1 in an NFL system (the Browns).

As a Rams fan, the 3 players that jump out are White, Cooper and Scherff. The worst starter on the Rams last year was Davin Joseph at Guard. He was probably worse than most backups on the Rams, too. The Rams have shown that they'll put a lot of stock into interior lineman IF the talent level upside is elite (Donald, Brockers, allegedly wanting to trade back into the first round last year for Zack Martin, allegedly having a first round grade on Larry Warford but no 2nd round pick to draft him). CBS has him going 5, 12 and 14 in their mocks. Walterfootball has him going 11th. Scherff is certainly in play for the Rams and would be the easiest upgrade to the team. Most fans are going to be hoping for a QB improvement somewhere or even a WR because Rams fans want a WR every year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still hope the Titans get out of that #2 pick but Leonard Williams would make a very sweet consolation price if they stick with it. I just have a very strong feeling that at least one of these big DEs will be a JJ Watt type player.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen one scout report that if Mariota and Hundley switched teams in college, they wouldn't rule out Hundley winning a Heisman in Oregon's system. I think Hundley represents a first round value to the Eagles, a 2nd round value to a team that has a QB for now but needs one in the future and a 3rd round value to a team that needs a QB to start from Day 1 in an NFL system (the Browns).

As a Rams fan, the 3 players that jump out are White, Cooper and Scherff. The worst starter on the Rams last year was Davin Joseph at Guard. He was probably worse than most backups on the Rams, too. The Rams have shown that they'll put a lot of stock into interior lineman IF the talent level upside is elite (Donald, Brockers, allegedly wanting to trade back into the first round last year for Zack Martin, allegedly having a first round grade on Larry Warford but no 2nd round pick to draft him). CBS has him going 5, 12 and 14 in their mocks. Walterfootball has him going 11th. Scherff is certainly in play for the Rams and would be the easiest upgrade to the team. Most fans are going to be hoping for a QB improvement somewhere or even a WR because Rams fans want a WR every year.

Hundley/CLE...I agree on the player...imo not a whole lot of separation talent wise from Mariota. Both need to sit a year. I think Hoyer should be the short term QB...even if they just tagged or franchised him this yr.

STL/Scherff...Being projected as a G is pushing him down a little, I'm seeing mocks with him going to PIT @ 22 which would not bother me at all. If G makes sense for STL...I would grab him as well...paired with Robinson you'd have 2 young studs on the interior.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STL/Scherff...Being projected as a G is pushing him down a little, I'm seeing mocks with him going to PIT @ 22 which would not bother me at all. If G makes sense for STL...I would grab him as well...paired with Robinson you'd have 2 young studs on the interior.
If Robinson is playing on the interior then I have a feeling our GM is going to get fired.