• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Draft thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 20 years of stability at the QB position and FO will certainly lead to this- though that may also be survivor bias talking.

I wonder how fast that will change if for some reason they have to split the ownership (yes, I know, publicly owned), coach, or QB. Do they keep most everyone because they drafted well? Or do they do the dynamite?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did sign one of the best free agents in the history of the game with Reggie White

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, my dream pick for the Falcons is Beasley, who apparently wants to play for us. Extreme athlete who was very productive in college. All the tools to be a legitimate pass rusher in the NFL.

After him, my top choice would likely be Ray

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, my dream pick for the Falcons is Beasley, who apparently wants to play for us. Extreme athlete who was very productive in college. All the tools to be a legitimate pass rusher in the NFL.

After him, my top choice would likely be Ray

I've done a 180 on Beasley...I still think he's going to struggle to beat OTs as a DE in this league, but he's such a quick player on top of his moves...he's going to have some impact if used properly....might be gone @ 8...but you did say dream pick.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team should ever draft a running back in the first round anymore. It is a passing league.

QB
Left Tackle
Receivers
Cornerbacks
Pass Rushers

That is what should be drafted in the first round. Maybe a center.

There are plenty of running backs. You have a decent line and you can make an average running back look good.

For me, Melvin Gordon is the best back in the draft, and I would maybe go 2nd round on him. He looks like an Eric Dickerson type, but not as good as ED.

of the Top ten running backs in the draft(whoever they are), I am willing to bet six of them are available in the third round. Two of them will be available in the fourth round.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt dickerson a pretty decent power back, gordon i dont see that

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team should ever draft a running back in the first round anymore. It is a passing league.

QB
Left Tackle
Receivers
Cornerbacks
Pass Rushers

There are plenty of running backs. You have a decent line and you can make an average running back look good.

For me, Melvin Gordon is the best back in the draft, and I would maybe go 2nd round on him. He looks like an Eric Dickerson type, but not as good as ED.

of the Top ten running backs in the draft(whoever they are), I am willing to bet six of them are available in the third round. Two of them will be available in the fourth round.

For the most part you're right, but I think it's proven that if you can't run it, and you're one dimensional...you're not going to beat many good teams.

Every so often a special talent comes along that warrants a 1st round pick...honestly haven't seen Gordon play but one time...prior to the injury...Gurley was that guy.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB
Left Tackle
Receivers
Cornerbacks
Pass Rushers

imo you should always focus on a strong young Offensive Line before running backs.. bcuz its easy to find runnings backs every 4 years if you keep your line good

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo you should always focus on a strong young Offensive Line before running backs.. bcuz its easy to find runnings backs every 4 years if you keep your line good
I think it cuts both ways. A great line helps a RB and a great RB helps the line. Looks like the Cowboys are going to put your theory to the test. We'll see how it works out.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it cuts both ways. A great line helps a RB and a great RB helps the line. Looks like the Cowboys are going to put your theory to the test. We'll see how it works out.
there are only so many good rbs tho... there are alot of solid rbs tho

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are only so many good rbs tho... there are alot of solid rbs tho

True, which is why if you have a chance to get a great RB, grab him, if you already have one, keep him. As for lots of solid RBs, not really sure that's the case. It seems to me there is a lot teams lacking at RB position and just trying to get by with what they have because...well it's the best they can do for the moment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, no way Emmitt is a HOF w/o that great OL in DAL...my theory on OL...LT & C...I prefer this guy be a 1st rd talent. OG, RT...I'm not afraid to spend a 1st round, but at the same time...3rd or 4th rounder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't spend it all in one place lol... A 7th rd comp pick @252nd overall is basically like picking up a UDFA.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, no way Emmitt is a HOF w/o that great OL in DAL...my theory on OL...LT & C...I prefer this guy be a 1st rd talent. OG, RT...I'm not afraid to spend a 1st round, but at the same time...3rd or 4th rounder.

yeah you can find Oline anywhere in the draft... it just comes down to line talent fit... the broncos found great lineman everywhere for the zone scheme... but a power scheme requires top tier talent

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did you know: Julius Peppers is the only player on the roster who has ever played a game for another team. The Packers have built through the draft.

As usual, Packers are quiet in free agency | ProFootballTalk

That is extreme.

When you have a future HOFer at QB (probably one of the best who ever played) you can afford to rely on the draft rather than getting him help in FA.

But still, that just shows how good at drafting Ted Thompson is.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two amazing WRs in this draft. White was a top 5 WR in the 40yd dash & bench press (#3), while Cooper was a top 5 WR in the 20yd shuttle & 3 cone drill. For Cooper being 2 inches shorter he has hands that are nearly a whole inch larger than White's. That is critical to help with the size disadvantage over White.

I didn't pay much attention to WVU this year but in the past their offense was a lot of screen passes and short slants, which is a big reason why I didn't expect a QB like Geno Smith to translate even decently into the NFL.

If I needed a WR and didn't get White or Cooper I would make sure to put UGA's Chris Conley on my top priorities list. Yes, sometimes the combine stats don't translate that well into the pros, but good enough skills to be a steal for a top contender from mid to late 3rd round (where currently he is projected at by NFL.com & CBS.com). He is 6' 2" with top acceleration, same 40 time as White, Conley had the T-8th best 40 time for a WR in last 4 drafts, best WR vertical jump AND broad jump in the last 4 combines.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After really looking at Mariota, I think I have a 2nd round grade on him. He could be this years Geno Smith

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After really looking at Mariota, I think I have a 2nd round grade on him. He could be this years Geno Smith

JMHO

Talent wise...1st rounder, he can put the ball where it needs to be...of course he's got good wheels.

Pro ready...2nd rounder, learning curve will be longer than a yr.

I've said, I don't see a whole of separation from Hundley as pro prospects.

Bottom line...when you take a QB from a read option CFB background...imo you need to give the evaluation process a longer trigger...36 to 40 games as a starter. If you've played the game one way HS, and CFB, converting to a pro style under live bullets takes longer than what most teams are willing to invest.