• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMarcus Aldridge should get some consideration for the mythical 2nd half MVP

He is the key for the SPURS. He took a while to integrate, but the light switch seems to have been thrown.

It looks like him and Kawahi are finally playing together like envisioned.

I think we have a chance to keep up the winning once TD and Manu head off soon into the sunset.

I think it was on ESPN this morning where someone was saying that people who are giving an automatic pass to the finals to GSW are making a big mistake. They were saying that the Spurs are more than a real threat. One of the reasons that they gave was that LaMarcus Aldridge is finally playing like LaMarcus Aldridge.

Between him and Timmy, that gives the Spurs an advantage inside that GSW will have no answer for.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I want him nowhere near my team ever

I've been on Team Boogie but I think I've reached the point where I'm bailing. Part of me thinks he might be ok if he got out of Sacramento (a shitshow), but the larger part of me says he's just flatout uncoachable. You can't go through that many head coaches and say its not you. It's like if your friend says he can't find a decent girl because they're all crazy. Sorry bud, maybe you're the crazy one.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC would be 82-0 if games only lasted 40 minutes or so.

Their inability to hold 4th quarter leads is bizarre for such a battle tested veteran team.

I am happy the Spurs won, but honestly the OKC meltdown helped immensely.

I was worried that tonight might finally be the night that OKC finishes a game.

whew......
it's not bizarre at all. The problem is RW & KD try to play hero ball between the two of them, freeze the rest of their team out during the last 5 minutes or so & usually end up with another loss. I would bet my money on 5 over 2 allday everyday!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be fine. They have plenty of guys that can hold it down while he recovers. But, timing is everything. I'm hoping he's healed by mid April.

His defense is what they'll miss most. Maybe he's a quick healer....and is good to go before or by the end of the month.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His defense is what they'll miss most. Maybe he's a quick healer....and is good to go before or by the end of the month.
Without a doubt, his leadership with that 2nd unit as well. But one of the strengths of this team is that they're deep and a different guy steps up when they need it most to pull them together. I have no doubt the train will not derail just yet.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be fine. They have plenty of guys that can hold it down while he recovers. But, timing is everything. I'm hoping he's healed by mid April.

The injury might make Kerr a little more keen to resting starters, though, right?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury might make Kerr a little more keen to resting starters, though, right?
Probably not. They already have a process in place that's designed to get his starters rest during the game. He will still give them the normal rest, such as Curry usually will rest during the start of the 2nd & 4th quarters.

He will probably give Mo & Livingston more minutes

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. They already have a process in place that's designed to get his starters rest during the game. He will still give them the normal rest, such as Curry usually will rest during the start of the 2nd & 4th quarters.

He will probably give Mo & Livingston more minutes

True, but I was thinking more in the last few games if they've locked up the 1 seed.

The decision between going for the record and avoiding injury would be a tough one. Seeing a key player get hurt might impact that decision?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I was thinking more in the last few games if they've locked up the 1 seed.

The decision between going for the record and avoiding injury would be a tough one. Seeing a key player get hurt might impact that decision?
I would agree that the record isn't the priority-being healthy for the playoffs is and they've all talked about that. They want the #1 seed because the Spurs have been playing well at home also. Which leads to my other point.

They probably won't lock the #1 seed up until maybe the last week...unless Pop completely throws in the towel and starts resting his guys really early. I'm not sure there would be an reason for that because too much rest can sometimes come back to bite in terms of rust.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot-around in Memphis... its just Tony Allen. Poor Grizzlies.

CdinyocUkAADdeE.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lance Stephenson playing as well as he has been for the Grizz, you think Doc is regretting how he handled Stephenson? Sure seems like the Clips could use his playmaking with the second unit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lance Stephenson playing as well as he has been for the Grizz, you think Doc is regretting how he handled Stephenson? Sure seems like the Clips could use his playmaking with the second unit.

Not really. Lance Stephenson fit certain teams. He's not a guy that can go to every team and be successful. He was clearly a bad fit for both the Hornets and Clippers

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on Team Boogie but I think I've reached the point where I'm bailing. Part of me thinks he might be ok if he got out of Sacramento (a shitshow), but the larger part of me says he's just flatout uncoachable. You can't go through that many head coaches and say its not you. It's like if your friend says he can't find a decent girl because they're all crazy. Sorry bud, maybe you're the crazy one.
It wouldn't be the first time a player left the Kings and went on to greater things, but either way he needs to stop acting like a baby. I understand he's frustrated because the Kings have always lost with him and the franchise has kinda fucked it up with poor drafting, FA signings, head coach/GM hirings, but you're 25 it's time to stop crying to the refs every time you think they missed a call. Of course the GM/Owner constantly protect him/baby him, which doesn't help. I'm at the point where him being traded seems like the best option, along with not re-signing Rondo, possibly trading Rudy, and bringing in a new GM and coach.