• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is a cold world. Chalmers tears his Achilles and gets released

He still gets paid and he's an UFA after this season anyway. Memphis gives up his bird rights but could obviously use a roster spot. The NBA world is not as cold as the NFL world regarding injuries and releases.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizzlies have such a depleted roster -- it looks like they needed a spot for a different player.
Chalmers' contract is $4.3M. He is a Unrestricted Free Agent after this year.

So -- he should still get paid full salary ... and was a UFA either way.

So is the main thing he lost was access to facilities and staff during this season ?
Anything else ?

I should have finished reading the whole thread.

Memphis can still let him use their facilities. When Xavier Henry ruptured his achilles with the Lakers last season, they released him but still let him rehab at their facility.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle looks really freaking athletic...if he works really hard he has a lot of upside....he can really take it to the basket...if he- over time- develops a shot- and maybe 4-5 years down the road keeps extending it- he could be really darn good...its really hard to make an all star team as a PF- but he has the POTENTIAL....I think anyway....his defense is poor- but thats typical of most big men

If he develops a solid outside shot and finishing with his right hand, he'll be a tough guard. He's a bull.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizzlies have such a depleted roster -- it looks like they needed a spot for a different player.
Chalmers' contract is $4.3M. He is a Unrestricted Free Agent after this year.

So -- he should still get paid full salary ... and was a UFA either way.

So is the main thing he lost was access to facilities and staff during this season ?
Anything else ?
Medical benefits/access to the team's doctors maybe?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are depleted.

But, they have no shot to get out of the 1st round...

* unless they play my Clippers cause we know how they choke*

:dhd:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have finished reading the whole thread.

Memphis can still let him use their facilities. When Xavier Henry ruptured his achilles with the Lakers last season, they released him but still let him rehab at their facility.

People are crazy if they think they're going to let him out high and dry. This is purely a move to free up a roster spot. Gasol is out for the year and Brandan Wright looks like he's done too. That's 20% of your alloted roster space. Gasol and Wright are locked in for future years, so they're obviously not going to waive them. Chalmers is a free agent at the end of the year.

In addition to still receiving every dollar owed, the Grizzlies will absolutely let him rehab at their facility and have access to their staff. Could you imagine the PR nightmare if this actually happened.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.
My sons been giving me constant updates.
I had a dinner meeting and couldn't even watch.
He was a big part of beating the Celts though.
I'm lovin it

Not on the Heat but still helping the Heat....gotta love Mike

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barnes got a triple double??

:wtf:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings looking at another loss, currently with the 7th worst record but only a game behind the pelicans for 6th worst. Hoping they can get a top 6 or 7 pick and make a good choice, it's a shame this season of expectations is coming down to wanting them to tank in order to keep their pick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings looking at another loss, currently with the 7th worst record but only a game behind the pelicans for 6th worst. Hoping they can get a top 6 or 7 pick and make a good choice, it's a shame this season of expectations is coming down to wanting them to tank in order to keep their pick.

I had to look this up after I saw Bill Simmons tweeting about it today but it looks like he was right; Sacramento didn't Top 3 protect their pick in a deal with Philly that allows Philly to swap picks when the Kings if the pick is in the Top 10. So Sacramento could win the lottery (conceivable right now) and miss out on Simmons because Philly envokes its rights to swap.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look this up after I saw Bill Simmons tweeting about it today but it looks like he was right; Sacramento didn't Top 3 protect their pick in a deal with Philly that allows Philly to swap picks when the Kings if the pick is in the Top 10. So Sacramento could win the lottery (conceivable right now) and miss out on Simmons because Philly envokes its rights to swap.
Even though that'd suck and also be classic Kings, Philly is bad enough that we'd probably still get a top 3 or 5 pick. I'd rather have to swap the 1st pick and possibly get 2nd or 3rd over standing pat at 7th.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though that'd suck and also be classic Kings, Philly is bad enough that we'd probably still get a top 3 or 5 pick. I'd rather have to swap the 1st pick and possibly get 2nd or 3rd over standing pat at 7th.

Yeah, you'd still move up. But still, you'd miss out on what most everyone considers the best prospect in 10 years.

The most Kings thing though would be to miss out on Simmons, get the #2 pick from the swap, but draft a Euro player that busts over Ingram who becomes a star.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you'd still move up. But still, you'd miss out on what most everyone considers the best prospect in 10 years.

The most Kings thing though would be to miss out on Simmons, get the #2 pick from the swap, but draft a Euro player that busts over Ingram who becomes a star.
If they get the 2nd pick and draft a Euro player over Ingram, I'm gonna drive down to the room where the Kings FO is at and slap them all. It'd suck to miss on Simmons but I don't think he's as can't miss and amazing as people have hyped him up to be.