• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's just dumped their best player and 40% of their starting rotation is gone to FA, and they are looking to trade Kazmir or Shark. That would leave Gray Chavez and Pomeranz. The A's are getting worse.

and our rotation is Darvish and Holland. i still give them a slight edge

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Texas is going into the season with only two starting pitchers...

well you indicated they were going into it with 3 so i give them the edge. i know we will be going in with 5 starters but i think their starting 5 will be better than ours if we do nothing which is exactly what we've done so far. will that change probably on both sides but probably in their favor

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Billy Beane's defense there is something to be said for knowing when to rebuild even if the rebuilding is necessitated by your own blunder. Sometimes that means you have to trade away very good players.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

thank you. our offense should be somewhat better just due to getting so many back from the DL but starting pitching-wise we are on very shaky ground with only Darvish and Holland as reliable solid starters. to expect our starting 5 to be competitive with what we have right now as our #3, #4 & #5 takes some strong imagination which i don't chose to base my prediction on. now i expect at some point to see the Rangers put off a trade or 2 which should bring in hopefully a starter like Latos and maybe a LF'er and possibly the Rangers signing Lewis and that should make the team a lot better than what we have right now

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you. our offense should be somewhat better just due to getting so many back from the DL but starting pitching-wise we are on very shaky ground with only Darvish and Holland as reliable solid starters. to expect our starting 5 to be competitive with what we have right now as our #3, #4 & #5 takes some strong imagination which i don't chose to base my prediction on. now i expect at some point to see the Rangers put off a trade or 2 which should bring in hopefully a starter like Latos and maybe a LF'er and possibly the Rangers signing Lewis and that should make the team a lot better than what we have right now
Like I said Scottie, To early to speculate or predict. A piece here or there and we're on the track again. JD has something cooking. Let's wait and see what it is.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said Scottie, To early to speculate or predict. A piece here or there and we're on the track again. JD has something cooking. Let's wait and see what it is.

that's what i'm saying. someone used the term "right now" and i just said "right now we are a shaky 4th in the division"

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really see Colby going anywhere else.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my friends (who has an inside source with the a's) says he might get caught with steroids

Usually inside sources that talk to friends don't stay on the inside much longer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is one ridiculous article. First, there's no such thing as a bad one year deal. Second, anyone lamenting the Choo deal is looking for a reason to be criticle. He was hurt. Let's let the deal play out. Rhodes was misused by the master tactician that is Wash so many times, I just lost count. Soto was a good signing. Not JD's fault Soto got hurt.

Seriously, dumb article is dumb.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my friends (who has an inside source with the a's) says he might get caught with steroids

This has probably been said about half of the players in MLB at some point, true or not

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one ridiculous article. First, there's no such thing as a bad one year deal. Second, anyone lamenting the Choo deal is looking for a reason to be criticle. He was hurt. Let's let the deal play out. Rhodes was misused by the master tactician that is Wash so many times, I just lost count. Soto was a good signing. Not JD's fault Soto got hurt.

Seriously, dumb article is dumb.

Choo's signing shouldn't be judged by how he performed last year. Most of the negatives associated with that signing were always going to be mainly in the last 3-4 years of the contract. Although there should be enough bad in those years to say the signing was bad overall.

I don't understand the logic behind you saying a one year deal can't be a bad signing. It isn't as bad as the 7 year deal Choo got, but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad.