• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 8 Winter League innings Cody Buckel only has 3 walks and no wild pitches. I sure hope the kid recovers completely. He has come a long way so far.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you say he doesn't tell all or even close and then you buy every word about the payroll. if he has told us all and has been know to pull the wool over everyone's eyes then why are you so quick to buy his budget comments? until i see the finished 2015 product i like most will take anything he says with a grain of salt

Why do you see that as a discrepancy? I don't understand your thinking. He doesn't tell all, but he does tell us some things. What is so hard to comprehend about that. "Not giving all" and "giving some" are not mutually exclusive.

Some things he doesn't want to get into, but the budgeted payroll amount isn't one of those. He does get into that subject and has done so each of the last two offseasons.

You can stick your fingers in your ears all you want, but he has said what he has said and all of the ignoring it in the world will not make it go away. All of the not wanting it to be so in the world won't make it go away either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you see that as a discrepancy? I don't understand your thinking. He doesn't tell all, but he does tell us some things. What is so hard to comprehend about that. "Not giving all" and "giving some" are not mutually exclusive.

Some things he doesn't want to get into, but the budgeted payroll amount isn't one of those. He does get into that subject and has done so each of the last two offseasons.

You can stick your fingers in your ears all you want, but he has said what he has said and all of the ignoring it in the world will not make it go away. All of the not wanting it to be so in the world won't make it go away either.

What's hard to comprehend is why you take him at his word on the budget, but not other things. Sorry, but I'm just not buying you're rhetoric.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's hard to comprehend is why you take him at his word on the budget, but not other things. Sorry, but I'm just not buying you're rhetoric.

You can't comprehend it either Romeo? Wow!!!

Where did I say I didn't take him at his word concerning "other things"? I said he doesn't tell us everything. I never said I didn't believe him when he said something. If he tells me something is a certain way I believe him. Now if he gives me his opinion I might not agree with him, but that is completely different. That doesn't mean he offers up everything going on in the organization. He is very quiet regarding revenue, but he is very forthcoming about spending on payroll. Thus, he doesn't tell us everything, but I do believe him about what he does tell us.

This really isn't rocket science here. You guys have to be pretending not to understand to be contrary or as some kind of attempt at humor. Surely, this concept doesn't completely escape you.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than odd to me. And they're talking about 3 years at $ 10 mil per.

If the Rangers were contemplating this offer I'd not be pleased, I'll promise ya that.

Sounds like a GM trying to fill an offensive need with a very limited payroll. That is what happens when you have needs and still need to be cheap. You spend unwisely.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't comprehend it either Romeo? Wow!!!

Where did I say I didn't take him at his word concerning "other things"? I said he doesn't tell us everything. I never said I didn't believe him when he said something. If he tells me something is a certain way I believe him. Now if he gives me his opinion I might not agree with him, but that is completely different. That doesn't mean he offers up everything going on in the organization. He is very quiet regarding revenue, but he is very forthcoming about spending on payroll. Thus, he doesn't tell us everything, but I do believe him about what he does tell us.

This really isn't rocket science here. You guys have to be pretending not to understand to be contrary or as some kind of attempt at humor. Surely, this concept doesn't completely escape you.

nope it is just that we have heard JD say things and sound pretty firm on the subject and then he does something that totally blows up what he said. i have learned over the years that you never take anything he says at the beginning of the off-season as gospel until the ink is dry and we're going into Spring Training

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope it is just that we have heard JD say things and sound pretty firm on the subject and then he does something that totally blows up what he said. i have learned over the years that you never take anything he says at the beginning of the off-season as gospel until the ink is dry and we're going into Spring Training

There seems to be two separate aspects to this conversation. The first is whether or not JD can be trusted when he says the budget will be a certain amount. I can understand a disagreement on this issue. I think he is being forthright and honest. Others think he is not. I get that there are two sides on that issue. I have reasons why I feel the way I do and I realize others have reasons why they fell the opposite way.

The second aspect is what I am puzzled about. That is in you guys saying that I can't say JD doesn't tell us everything and also believe that he is forthright and honest about the budget for 2015. That is the part that is hard for me to understand there being a disagreement about. A basic understanding of the English language is all is required to see that a person can tell us one thing and be honest about it without spilling his guts about every other subject under the sun. If someone comes on here and says they are graduating with a degree in Education and that they are going to be a teacher I will believe them that they are graduating and will be a teacher even if they don't tell me what their GPA was, where they are going to apply to be a teacher, or who some of their fellow students were. They didn't tell me everything, but what they did tell me I will believe as long as they haven't proven to be a liar in the past. I think y'all are letting your passion about this subject get in the way of basic common sense if you really don't understand the difference in someone not telling us everything, but being able to be believed about what he does tell us. That difference is easily understood even if you don't believe JD is telling the truth. Or at least it should be.

You may be right about him not being honest about the budget. If we get to ST and the budget is at $145 million or so I will believe I was wrong in believing him. At that point I will adjust my view about anything that he tells us in the future. That is, unless something devastating and unexpected happens like we find out tomorrow after Yu's MRI that he has to have surgery.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been scouring as many sites today as I can, and I swear, the Rangers aren't mentioned - much less rumored - to be involved with anything.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Just a boring one.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets face it. Any GM worth his salt is not going to throw all his cards on the table for all to see. Just not a smart move leverage wise.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets face it. Any GM worth his salt is not going to throw all his cards on the table for all to see. Just not a smart move leverage wise.

With ya sir....as the saying goes, "it's a no-brainer."

No one in any business/negotiating position would ever say exactly what their bottom-line is, with the first pass.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope by some miracle that Yoan Moncada decides to wait until next year to sign so that we can have a shot. Otherwise I see the NYY, LAD , or the Angels signing him. I don't think we want this guy in our division, much less the AL. All 3 of those teams have holes to fill in their IF.