• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY even won a gold glove and if I remember it was at 3rd. It can be a bunch of nonsense. I saw Miggy was a runner up at 1st. I did not think he was all that great either but I do not see him enough to say.

Young got his GG in 2008 and I think he was still at SS then.

Which may further your point.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News from DMN:

The Texas Rangers made official on Wednesday what has been known for some time: Michael Young has returned to the organization.

Young will serve as a special assistant to general manager Jon Daniels. Young started in the role last month when he participated in interviews with managerial candidates. According to a release from the club, Young will work in all areas of baseball operations, including player evaluation and player development at the major- and minor-league level, special assignments and scouting.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young got his GG in 2008 and I think he was still at SS then.

Which may further your point.

Looked it up and you are right. I guess if you have very little range it helps the fielding pct. Jeter can attest to that. Just act like your tried though to make it look good. One poster used the PADMY which was classic.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked it up and you are right. I guess if you have very little range it helps the fielding pct. Jeter can attest to that. Just act like your tried though to make it look good. One poster used the PADMY which was classic.

Nice quote..........:suds:.....it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

If you can, turn on Hitzges b/c his next segment is about FA for the Rangers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges take:

Regarding the 40 man.......Ogando is gone, due to cost/injury/lack of production......MM is still cheap/excellent fielder and he stays.

FA or trade: No Russell Martin, for 4 years at $48 mil.......Soto maybe.........Melky will get 4+ years. Not interested......No on Lester, Shields, Max........Targets would be Masterson, Liranio, McCarthy.

I was a little disappointed he didn't spend a little more time on this. Oh well.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice quote..........:suds:.....it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

If you can, turn on Hitzges b/c his next segment is about FA for the Rangers.

He sees the Rangers turning to the bargain bin. He did mention those three pitchers and then pretty much said they wouldn't be able to afford them either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges take:

Regarding the 40 man.......Ogando is gone, due to cost/injury/lack of production......MM is still cheap/excellent fielder and he stays.

FA or trade: No Russell Martin, for 4 years at $48 mil.......Soto maybe.........Melky will get 4+ years. Not interested......No on Lester, Shields, Max........Targets would be Masterson, Liranio, McCarthy.

I was a little disappointed he didn't spend a little more time on this. Oh well.

Norm pretty much said the Rangers have painted themselves into a corner financially with the big contracts that Fielder and Choo have along with Elvis. He thinks they are at their limit where it regards long term expensive contracts.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges take:

god, if that's our targets we aren't looking very good.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see that Colorado might make CarGo available on the trade market. Apparently they used the QO of $15.3M on Cuddyer which means that with Morneau at 1st base the only place they can use Cuddyer is RF and that makes CarGo expendable.

Seeing as how we are so broke we can't afford anything do the Rangers even consider a trade package for him?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a lot of comments on FB, DMN etc that they hope Michael Young can steer JD in the 'right direction" and convince him to bring back Nolan so the organization can be in 'good hands' again.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god, if that's our targets we aren't looking very good.

Not only that, but then Norm promptly says those guys probably get more than we will pay anyway.

I wouldn't want them anyway though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a lot of comments on FB, DMN etc that they hope Michael Young can steer JD in the 'right direction" and convince him to bring back Nolan so the organization can be in 'good hands' again.

HaHa. Those are probably the same folks who were saying MY being mad at JD was proof that JD was a terrible person to work for and would drive everyone away.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges take:

Thanks for the update donaldson. I do not mind trying to get McCarthy. He did a very good job for the Yankees. Liriano from what I understand is a groundball pitcher so that could work well in our park.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa. Those are probably the same folks who were saying MY being mad at JD was proof that JD was a terrible person to work for and would drive everyone away.

I am sure MY felt that way at first for a while because of hurt feelings and his love for the Rangers. That probably happens a number of players when traded. But that stuff eventually goes away when reality sets in and in MY's case his time was up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see that Colorado might make CarGo available on the trade market. Apparently they used the QO of $15.3M on Cuddyer which means that with Morneau at 1st base the only place they can use Cuddyer is RF and that makes CarGo expendable.

Seeing as how we are so broke we can't afford anything do the Rangers even consider a trade package for him?

I think they will go cheap in the outfield. Smolinski or Rua unless another situation happens where a Nelson Cruz type player is stuck without a team in late January and they can get him for dirt cheap. That most likely won't happen though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ballchain:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering he barely ever plays due to injury, no

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had less that 300 AB's last year and his salary jumps to 16 mill in 2015 then to 17 mill and in 2017 to 20 mill. Colorado would be smart to trade him and Tulo. I have family in Colorado and they are tired of Tulo always being hurt and his lack of leadership qualities.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will go cheap in the outfield. Smolinski or Rua unless another situation happens where a Nelson Cruz type player is stuck without a team in late January and they can get him for dirt cheap. That most likely won't happen though.

Based on what I've seen of Smols & Rua I wouldn't have a problem giving them a shot at LF & 1B and DHing Fielder

There's also Choice (after some intensive OF work with the coaches)