• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know there are no longer going to be paper AS ballets available at the ballpark?

Fans can ONLY vote online.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job. Agree. Goodness knows we never cherry pick our stats we use to make our case here on the board. However, Fraley considers himself a professional. Know that is scary.

I gotta be honest with you, I don't think most on this board are nearly that bad on cherry picking their stats. That was downright terrible.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't paper-voted in years.

I have. Not that this is a HUGE deal, one-way-or-the-other. But it does surprise me that the "in-person-fan" cannot participate in the process while sitting at a ML park.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest with you, I don't think most on this board are nearly that bad on cherry picking their stats. That was downright terrible.

Geez romeo....I ALWAYS thought you were honest. Above all else actually.

Hey....off the subject: Do you fish? I ask b/c I watched a competitive fishing show from Ft. Gibson Lake (sound right?) and damn that lake looked fantastic.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. I am glad it is between the two young guys and not older veterans who don't have a lot left.

I don't see them flip flopping Moreland and Fielder. I think Fielder has to go down hill a good bit physically before they move him. Maybe I am still being influenced by Wash, but I just don't see them doing that to the veteran. That is not the baseball way unfortunately.

If Mitch is the best option for DH bat from the rest of the other options ... it makes no sense having Prince playing 1b and Mitch watching. If there are better DH bat options than Mitch ... but he's second fiddle at 1b ... then it serves TEX to trade him for something of apparent more value and install Gallo or Rua at 1b.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez romeo....I ALWAYS thought you were honest. Above all else actually.

Hey....off the subject: Do you fish? I ask b/c I watched a competitive fishing show from Ft. Gibson Lake (sound right?) and damn that lake looked fantastic.

I'm honest like 95% of the time.... Well maybe sevent.... You know, let's go 50/50.

I don't fish, but I know where Ft. Gibson is. Dated a girl from Muskogee once upon a time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.....did you know Tepesch has had the 2nd most starts of anyone for the Rangers over the last 2 years?

They just showed that stat

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. Not that this is a HUGE deal, one-way-or-the-other. But it does surprise me that the "in-person-fan" cannot participate in the process while sitting at a ML park.

If you have a smartphone and you are in person you can do it while sitting at an ML park or anywhere for that matter.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you have a smartphone and you are in person you can do it while sitting at an ML park or anywhere for that matter.

Do you guys really think there is this mass CRAY computer that is keeping track of the votes from all the 8 year olds around the country who vote? It's all a marketing scam and MLB sells advertising space based on all the clicks. It is an irrelevant game. Only event I try to catch is the Futures Game.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get the chance to unload him it would have to be early in the contract IMO and he would have to prove healthy. That means he would have to rebound this year offensively and health-wise in order for a team to perceive enough value, that the Rangers don't have to eat a major chunk of his salary, in order to move him at the break or next winter. If that doesnt happen they may just be stuck with that contract for its duration.
Hopefully that will happen. That would be the best scenario that could happen.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think there is this mass CRAY computer that is keeping track of the votes from all the 8 year olds around the country who vote? It's all a marketing scam and MLB sells advertising space based on all the clicks. It is an irrelevant game. Only event I try to catch is the Futures Game.

The ASG is irrelevant and boring to me. Annoys me that it decides home field for the WS.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without the Rangers eating 1/2 to 3/4's of his salary and taking peanuts in return don't see him going any where
Everyone thought it would be impossible to get rid of Young as well and we wound up with Bonilla for him who finished strong last year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saddles wants to get rid of anyone who stands in the way of certain minor leaguers. he would eat 3/4's of Beltre's, Fielder's and Choo's salaries to unload them
That is not even close to being true. You need to pay attention a little more apparently.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting this year, 10-game ticket packs from the Rangers will be distributed digitally - you never receive an actual paper ticket. MLB is trying to embrace the digital side of things, can't really fault them. But yeah, it's all a bit odd.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting this year, 10-game ticket packs from the Rangers will be distributed digitally - you never receive an actual paper ticket. MLB is trying to embrace the digital side of things, can't really fault them. But yeah, it's all a bit odd.

Printing stuff costs money, so I get the need of eliminating it. Lame thing is they won't pass that savings on to you I bet.