• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Evan_P_Grant: I would expect Profar to miss all of 2015 as Rangers currently have no time table for return

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done. Period.

Thought the fact that they delayed the surgery would ultimately cost him, now he will have been out of baseball for what equates to forever and his development would have to almost start completely over.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bummer. I sure wish he would have had the surgery last year. The rest vs. surgery option usually works out better with surgery as the choice it seems. What a shame.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always believed if surgery is the best option and will truly fix whatever is wrong then just do it. Profar will have wasted 2 full seasons because of the decisions of not having surgery. Deep down I just knew this would backfire and he'd be out for the season due to surgery. Thank God Odor showed great promise and we still have Elvis.

I didn't understand it either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? It's been almost a year and he is still injured. In the midst of what is the most crucial developmental period of his career. No, that's not a knee-jerk reaction.

Yes it is. If you really think he's done for good because of this then I just lost a lot of respect for your baseball opinion.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bummer. I sure wish he would have had the surgery last year. The rest vs. surgery option usually works out better with surgery as the choice it seems. What a shame.

Depending on the injury, sometimes. IMO, he should've had the surgery. He was not gonna start this season in the bigs anyways.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? It's been almost a year and he is still injured. In the midst of what is the most crucial developmental period of his career. No, that's not a knee-jerk reaction.

He should still be in college given his age. Injuries happen and yes we'd love for him to be playing every day and developing but that's just not possible right now. To think he's done period and for good is probably one of the more foolish things I've read on this board and that's really saying something including probably all the dumbass things I've probably said lol.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. If you really think he's done for good because of this then I just lost a lot of respect for your baseball opinion.

Because of "this"... meaning missing all of 2014 and 2015 after a lackluster 2013 debut? And I'm supposed to want the Rangers to stick with this guy and plan for him to eventually contribute? Based on pretty good MiLB numbers years ago? Even though there's no guarantee he'll ever even be healthy enough to start his development over again, which he'll have to do?

If so, my baseball opinion can weather that and will be just fine.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should still be in college given his age. Injuries happen and yes we'd love for him to be playing every day and developing but that's just not possible right now. To think he's done period and for good is probably one of the more foolish things I've read on this board and that's really saying something including probably all the dumbass things I've probably said lol.

Hey, if you'd like the Rangers to put everything into a holding pattern to see if Jurickson Profar will ever be healthy enough to play baseball, be my guest. I'd rather just move on and take my chances.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if you'd like the Rangers to put everything into a holding pattern to see if Jurickson Profar will ever be healthy enough to play baseball, be my guest. I'd rather just move on and take my chances.

Fortunately this holding pattern isn't going to make or break the Rangers franchise and I'm glad you're not JD to make the decision of moving on and taking your chances on a really talented 21 year old infielder that's had a few bad injury breaks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wtf are you even saying? Nobody is saying put everything in a holding pattern. The Rangers damn sure aren't. But you saying he's done is one of the most assinine things I've ever read. And I used to post on espn. That's what this reminds me of. It stinks like Disney in here.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always believed if surgery is the best option and will truly fix whatever is wrong then just do it. Profar will have wasted 2 full seasons because of the decisions of not having surgery. Deep down I just knew this would backfire and he'd be out for the season due to surgery. Thank God Odor showed great promise and we still have Elvis.

thought it would backfire too but the preliminary reports early this january seem to indicate that it was a good decision. wonder what happened to finally force him to have surgery?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought it would backfire too but the preliminary reports early this january seem to indicate that it was a good decision. wonder what happened to finally force him to have surgery?

Kid just didn't have the stability he needed in his rotator cuff most likely. Too many muscle compensating for imbalances and weakness.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are you even saying? Nobody is saying put everything in a holding pattern. The Rangers damn sure aren't. But you saying he's done is one of the most assinine things I've ever read. And I used to post on espn. That's what this reminds me of. It stinks like Disney in here.

What are the Rangers supposed to do here then? They can't plan for Profar to be a part of the team because they don't know if/when he'll be healthy.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm "white girl" "cant even" right now with this post.... :L

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately this holding pattern isn't going to make or break the Rangers franchise and I'm glad you're not JD to make the decision of moving on and taking your chances on a really talented 21 year old infielder that's had a few bad injury breaks.

Maybe the Rangers can play Jurickson Profar's scouting report at 2B, because there sure are a lot of fans on here who would cheer for it!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Rangers supposed to do here then? They can't plan for Profar to be a part of the team because they don't know if/when he'll be healthy.

They let him heal and bring him back accordingly. The talent is still there. Build his value back up and use it as the team needs and he best serves when it's time. What do you want them to do? Launch him to the sun?