• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton needs surgery on his A/C joint in his right shoulder. He will be down for 6-8 weeks.

That contract just keeps on giving doesn't it? Thanks Dipoto.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton needs surgery on his A/C joint in his right shoulder. He will be down for 6-8 weeks.

Good evening Rev. Yes the contract keeps going South and I know it breaks your heart.:yahoo:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So glad he is not our problem anymore.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. Absolutely incredible.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops double posted somehow

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest thing i read was we are probably out on him

I heard speculation he's going to get one humongous offer - perhaps largest ever - from someone.

Not sure I mind us not being in on him if this is true.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard speculation he's going to get one humongous offer - perhaps largest ever - from someone.

True. We can only offer him a minimum contract because we have already exceeded our allowance for foreign signings for the year which is why we hoped he would not be allowed to sign with anyone until after July 2nd

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I feel like with as young as he is it would probably be worth the investment. Plus if he is as good as advertised, he would be a steal at the salaries being thrown around at the moment.

That being said, I know nothing about the guy other than he is an IF and the Yanks are the favorites to land him. Getting into a bidding war with them is always tough and we do have a lot of IF depth. If he was a good 3B he is really worth a look though. This could be Beltre's last season with us :(. Also we could always trade IFs for outfield help. Sorta get the feeling we are capped out on salary for this season though.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I feel like with as young as he is it would probably be worth the investment. Plus if he is as good as advertised, he would be a steal at the salaries being thrown around at the moment.

That being said, I know nothing about the guy other than he is an IF and the Yanks are the favorites to land him. Getting into a bidding war with them is always tough and we do have a lot of IF depth. If he was a good 3B he is really worth a look though. This could be Beltre's last season with us :(. Also we could always trade IFs for outfield help. Sorta get the feeling we are capped out on salary for this season though.

Rangers cant make a play for him till after July 2nd. They are limited to offering him $300k right now for blowing past their international bonus pool money 2 years ago.

So unless he wants to wait for either us or the Cubs (they are in the same boat)... then there's almost no chance he becomes a Ranger.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. We can only offer him a minimum contract because we have already exceeded our allowance for foreign signings for the year which is why we hoped he would not be allowed to sign with anyone until after July 2nd

Oh... I see what you mean now. Sounds like that that won't be the case. Oh well, if somehow he makes it till July 2nd, I hope we give him a long hard look.