• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins projected numbers are coming straight from Fangraphs.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraley: What are the realistic expectations of Prince Fielder? | Dallas Morning News

Question: From my understanding Mitch Moreland is superior at first base defensively to Prince Fielder yet Moreland will be primary DH because Prince Fielder would object to full-time DH duty. (Correct me if I'm misspeaking.) I thought a manager's job was to put the best players on the field and not worry about some player's tender feelings. Your thoughts?
Fraley: No, you are on the mark. Fielder did soften his stance when in town two weeks ago, saying he is willing to make some starts at DH. Fielder believes that he cannot get into the flow of the game as a DH. Manager has to take that into account, too. What gives Fielder the best chance at offensive success.
Question: What will it take for fans to be happy about the trade for Prince Fielder: 162 games, 40 home runs and a .300 batting average? What's realistic?
Fraley: Go with 30 homers and 100 RBIs. That's the bare minimum a player with his contract should produce. He won't hit .300, but he will take his walks and have a high on-base percentage. The Rangers got him to slug, not walk.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the Rangers: No. 8 Shin-Soo Choo - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

No. 8 Shin-Soo Choo

2014 stats: 123 games, 455 AB, 110 H, .242/.340/.374

2015 projected stats: 533 AB, .264/.369/.417, 2.2 WAR

The 32-year-old has batted leadoff more than any other spot throughout his 10-year career, but the Rangers most likely will move Leonys Martin atop the batting order given his success in the latter part of 2014. Choo could succeed at the sixth spot, where -- in a small sample size of 195 plate appearances -- he's .319/.415/.542. He's going to make contact and has good enough speed to get extra bases. He's a valuable member of this team and given how difficult his 2014 season was, there's an expectation of a bounce-back year for him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie......why are you attributing the above as a post from me when you're the one who made it?

It's from yesterday morning and post # 5023 I think.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've got access to the radio, Hitzges has a Ranger segment coming up next (approximately 11 AM).

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie......why are you attributing the above as a post from me when you're the one who made it?

It's from yesterday morning and post # 5023 I think.

I am not sure what is going on with the quote feature. I swear I didin't change anything myself.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the season. It's been to long. Hoping for this team to have a 2010 type run

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took over right after Richard Durrett died. He is actually doing better than he did to start with, but that isn't saying much.

Aah ok I had no idea about that. Frankly since the whole comments thing changed over at ESPN way back when I pretty much stopped going over to ESPN Dallas unless it was occasionally reading Durrett's Rangers columns.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what is going on with the quote feature. I swear I didin't change anything myself.

I sent them a brief note regarding what's happening to us. We'll see if they can do something about it.

But what I was trying to relate to you regarding Greenberg was, I don't know if it had any bearing whatsoever on Lee going to Philly rather than resigning here. My guess is, not so much.

But it certainly made the organization look dysfunctional at best for Chucky to have pulled what he did. After all, Lee knew the organization very well, and it had to make no sense to him to have Greenberg been there ALONE and presenting himself as "the kingpin" of the team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent them a brief note regarding what's happening to us. We'll see if they can do something about it.

But what I was trying to relate to you regarding Greenberg was, I don't know if it had any bearing whatsoever on Lee going to Philly rather than resigning here. My guess is, not so much.

But it certainly made the organization look dysfunctional at best for Chucky to have pulled what he did. After all, Lee knew the organization very well, and it had to make no sense to him to have Greenberg been there ALONE and presenting himself as "the kingpin" of the team.

Well, I will forgive him for that incident. I think we had to forgive JD for several early trades so we can surely forgive Chuck for being a little overzealous in trying to land an ace. I do really appreciate Chuck being instrumental in taking this team out of Hicks' hands. Chuck's work at doing that was probably esssential in getting Lee here to begin with. I am not sure JD does the deal without the new ownership group giving him the okay and like I said I think Chuck was a key piece in the new ownership coming aboard since he was the front man. All I was saying to begin with is that I would be glad to have him as part of a future ownership group should that work out.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda hoping he waits till after June 2nd to sign. (though i know he wont)

Last edited by a moderator: