• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They predict Odor to have 54 less ABs in 2015? WTH?

Calvin Watkins should be reporting on ANYTHING but baseball, maybe ESPN Dallas covers the PBA?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's Calvin Watkins. He knows zilch about baseball. He has Odor pegged as a 0.7 WAR player somehow, yet he's supposedly going to be the team's 9th best player. It makes absolutely no sense.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Calvin Watkins. He knows zilch about baseball. He has Odor pegged as a 0.7 WAR player somehow, yet he's supposedly going to be the team's 9th best player. It makes absolutely no sense.

He should report on awesome things like Josh Hamilton's wife is going to be on Real Housewives of Orange County.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw that... laughed. Guess he thinks Profar is going to "win" the job back b/c of a sophomore slump from Odor? Maybe? idk...

He should report on awesome things like Josh Hamilton's wife is going to be on Real Housewives of Orange County.

Waittttt.... seriously?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that... laughed. Guess he thinks Profar is going to "win" the job back b/c of a sophomore slump from Odor? Maybe? idk...

Waittttt.... seriously?

Yeah I wasn't sure if Wastin was serious, so I looked it up. Katie and Jimmy Edmonds wives are the 2 new girls on the 10th season of that show. Katie should fit right in with those nut jobs like Vicki. Yeah my wife watches that garbage, so I know a little through osmosis of being in the same house

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Watkins should be reporting on ANYTHING but baseball, maybe ESPN Dallas covers the PBA?

What do we have to do to run that guy off? :lm:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we have to do to run that guy off? :lm:

I guess one of our posters here needs to go to ESPN Dallas and let them know they are available for the job. I have no doubt lots of folks here could do a much better job

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wasn't sure if Wastin was serious, so I looked it up. Katie and Jimmy Edmonds wives are the 2 new girls on the 10th season of that show. Katie should fit right in with those nut jobs like Vicki. Yeah my wife watches that garbage, so I know a little through osmosis of being in the same house

I know nothing about the show just saw the article on the internet. If the husbands end up on the show as well or their issues are brought up on the show that will really be the end of Hamilton. CJ and Josh as TV celebrities.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is factoring in the possibility that Profar wins the job back at some point. That wasn't mentioned in the article, but if you read the caption on the photo you will see that that was given as a possibility.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Double-A Frisco's ballpark set for a facelift | texasrangers.com

Not any details yet, but Chuck Greenberg said "We're planning massive upgrades to anything that has to do with entertainment."

"Greenberg said the Roughriders will also add touches to Dr. Pepper Ballpark that will make their affiliation to the Rangers more pronounced."

I miss Greenberg being a part of the Rangers. I hope he is a part of the next ownership group when the current group sells.

Having been to several minor league parks ... most notably the one up here in North Little Rock ... I can assure you ... Dr. Pepper is great already. Massive upgrades must mean more stadium seating ... it already is SRO most weekend games. More butts in seats rather than rolling around on the berm.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Double-A Frisco's ballpark set for a facelift | texasrangers.com

Not any details yet, but Chuck Greenberg said "We're planning massive upgrades to anything that has to do with entertainment."

"Greenberg said the Roughriders will also add touches to Dr. Pepper Ballpark that will make their affiliation to the Rangers more pronounced."

I miss Greenberg being a part of the Rangers. I hope he is a part of the next ownership group when the current group sells.[/QUOTE]

What exactly did Greenberg do which makes you feel this way?

I thought it was really sharp how he got in the middle of the Cliff Lee negotiations. Helped out a bunch.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the biggest fan of Calvin Watkins talking baseball but he probably doesn't have much choice as ESPN is probably telling him to work on that now since football is over.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the biggest fan of Calvin Watkins talking baseball but he probably doesn't have much choice as ESPN is probably telling him to work on that now since football is over.

He took over right after Richard Durrett died. He is actually doing better than he did to start with, but that isn't saying much.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was really sharp how he got in the middle of the Cliff Lee negotiations. Helped out a bunch.

He is a very personable guy. He is very big on improving the fan experience. I liked how he made himself available to the fans right away via Facebook. I am sure he had some lessons to learn, but unfortunately he wasn't given much time to do so. Nolan didn't have nearly as much use for him after the purchase of the team.