• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG... I just let out a huge laugh. Dont ever be this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what the total innings had to do with Koji's bad season in 2011. You hear that it was because he was overworked from April through July. When looking at his innings in that period in 2011 vs. 2013 he actually threw one more inning in 2013 during those months and had a fabulous year. So he might have just been off in 2011 as relief pitchers sometimes are.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo THAT'S why Robbie tweeted this earlier today..

Good luck Robbie. Maybe you can finally settle down into a role with your new club.

The Rangers really abused this kid's development when they brought him up to use as a reliever a few years ago. It helped the club short term, but really messed up his development as a starter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid, Anthony Ranaudo, has some really good numbers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does. Hope they don't make him a reliever and set him on that topsy turvy path.

I hope so too. An article in the bleacher report talks about the adjustments he has made which cause some to project him as a #3 starter.

Just How Good Can Red Sox Rookie Anthony Ranaudo Be? | Bleacher Report

However, his ceiling is that of a third starter, and the rookie could very well reach that level after making mechanical adjustments and adding a new pitch that culminated in his breakthrough season in the minors, as WEEI.com's Joon Lee writes.
Ranaudo's windup was streamlined to be similar to his windup in the stretch, which has improved his command by allowing him to be more balanced as he delivers the ball.
The New Jersey native also has incorporated a slider into his resume. While it's still a fairly new pitch that needs further refinement, Triple-A pitching coach Rich Sauveur believes the new pitch could be a weapon before long, as he tells WEEI.com's Lee.
"He’s just starting out with it," Sauveur noted. "It’s a true slider, which is good and he’s picked up on it well." Sauveur believes that Ranaudo needs to add velocity to the slider for it to truly emerge as a weapon.
Between Ranaudo's step forward in the minor leagues, his streamlined mechanics and new pitch, he may be able to overcome the limits that his fastball puts on him. In addition, with further experience, his secondary offerings should become a lot more consistent, giving Ranaudo a strong chance to reach his ceiling of a No. 3 starter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Tepesch, Martinez, Bonilla, Chi Chi, Thompson, Asher, Renaudo and Jackson Triple A is going to get very crowded. I wonder if we have a trade in the works involving one of our young pitchers.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For their part, the Twins have no intentions of going after free agent righties John Axford and Alexi Ogando, LaVelle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune tweets. As he notes, the market has several attractive right-handed relief arms, though it is not clear whether Minnesota has any interest in adding to its pen. Both Axford and Ogando made my list of interesting players to watch. I consider the pair to be among the remaining free agents who could either break out or break down in 2015.

Way to really go out on a limb there

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For their part, the Twins have no intentions of going after free agent righties John Axford and Alexi Ogando, LaVelle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune tweets. As he notes, the market has several attractive right-handed relief arms, though it is not clear whether Minnesota has any interest in adding to its pen. Both Axford and Ogando made my list of interesting players to watch. I consider the pair to be among the remaining free agents who could either break out or break down in 2015.

Way to really go out on a limb there

Forgot Ogando was still out there. Shame about Robbie. Will always remember him with his pink backpack and pink horse stick as a rookie.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Tepesch, Martinez, Bonilla, Chi Chi, Thompson, Asher, Renaudo and Jackson Triple A is going to get very crowded. I wonder if we have a trade in the works involving one of our young pitchers.

Chi Chi and Thompson I could see starting out in AA to get a little more seasoning as both only spent half a season there last year,

Asher and Eickhoff already spent a full season there so I could see them making the leap

Going to 6 man rotations might be an option though and would allow them to limit their innings over the course of the season

ST might sort a bit of this out for the Rangers

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi and Thompson I could see starting out in AA to get a little more seasoning as both only spent half a season there last year,

Asher and Eickhoff already spent a full season there so I could see them making the leap

Going to 6 man rotations might be an option though and would allow them to limit their innings over the course of the season

ST might sort a bit of this out for the Rangers

I am hoping this year is polar opposite of last season and we have so many guys pitching great and healthy that we have to pile guys up all through the organization.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping this year is polar opposite of last season and we have so many guys pitching great and healthy that we have to pile guys up all through the organization.

Dang! I'm hungry, Murph!