• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what do i do? i expressed an opinion that i was opposed to giving up too much for a rental. you took the antagonist approach to that and then no matter what i said you continued to be your usual antagonistic poster. all i said was don't give up to much for a rental. why isn't that a realistic opinion?

You expressed an opinion that giving up any top 15 prospects was too much and were told by multiple posters that was a ridiculous expectation. Only after this did you "retract" your statement to be less specific. It was consistent with your opinions on how the Rangers ought to operate that aren't usually realistic. I simply pointed this out and you got sand in your vagina, and you followed your usual pattern of straw man arguments, playing the victim, and finally insults.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i meant, you have no respect for any opinion that is contrary to yours. you don't like me posting my opinion then ignore me please.

Wrong. I have no respect for opinions that aren't based in reality or backed up by facts and realistic logic. I'll continue to comment on anything I want, including your foolish posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have been holding back some money for the right deal all offseason, it wasn't a lot so they've been looking for the right deal

Maybe this is it,

I might see Milwaukee kicking in 3 million, Rangers covering 10, send a couple prospects their way

I was thinking something along these lines as well.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking something along these lines as well.

When all you have is about 10-15 million then you have to be shrewd, and I think getting Gallardo and Detweiler are two very shrewd moves

Of course it depends on what the deal for Gallardo is, I reserve judgement on this til I see the actual deal

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallardo has not been told he has been traded to the Rangers, tweets MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan. “Nothing to report,” was Doug Melvin’s reply when the Brewers GM was asked about the trade by Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (Twitter link).

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a reasonable deal, if that was your opinion, you should be called on it

and right after that i admitted that it was the wrong thing to have said and agreed that it would need to be a higher choices based on how much cash Milwaukee sent our way but romeo chose to ignore that and in multiple posts after that i emphasized that what we send should reflect the fact that what we would be getting is a 1-year rental. i still don't see how i'm being unrealistic in that opinion.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallardo has not been told he has been traded to the Rangers, tweets MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan. “Nothing to report,” was Doug Melvin’s reply when the Brewers GM was asked about the trade by Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (Twitter link).

Interesting.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are you willing to give up then? This was from me bout 3:30 this afternoon.

And this is what Scotty responded with shortly thereafter: Well you are probably right that we give up at least 1 good prospect, i'm just not terribly excited about the move.

In fairness, he did back up some.....but he does sure enough have a butt-rub with romeo it seems.

Com'on Scotty....it's not a conspiracy....it's baseball BS. Relax dogg...............

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and right after that i admitted that it was the wrong thing to have said and agreed that it would need to be a higher choices based on how much cash Milwaukee sent our way but romeo chose to ignore that and in multiple posts after that i emphasized that what we send should reflect the fact that what we would be getting is a 1-year rental. i still don't see how i'm being unrealistic in that opinion.

You said you didn't see the value in a deal for Gallardo without even seeing what might even be potentially offered

There's value there, he has a lot of Texas connections and might be more than a 1 year rental

Let it play its course before damning any deal bc its not for Cole Hamels

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you didn't see the value in a deal for Gallardo without even seeing what might even be potentially offered

There's value there, he has a lot of Texas connections and might be more than a 1 year rental

Let it play its course before damning any deal bc its not for Cole Hamels

if this is the deal that JD feels the team needs then i'm good with it just as i would be good with a deal with Philly for Hamels. and if JD were to think Kendrick or Voglesong was the right move then i would be good with that.

all i am saying is don't give up too much for a rental. i have heard you guys say the same thing over the years so what is different in this?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know specifics yet, but JD is smart to stock up on pitchers. I recall the team setting major league records for most players, most starters used due to injuries last year. Need more depth and Gallardo would make a good #3 or #4

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Gallardo's ERA translate to about a 4.00 in the AL? That is a pretty weak #3. More like a good #4 isn't it? Colby pitched better than that after getting used to his new hip didn't he?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Gallardo's ERA translate to about a 4.00 in the AL? That is a pretty weak #3. More like a good #4 isn't it? Colby pitched better than that after getting used to his new hip didn't he?

Gallardo pitches most of his starts in a run factory.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All things considered, if we get 30 starts and 4.00 ERA from our #3, I'll be happy.