• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Cocker dead at 70. Takes us back for those who knew him.

That is all.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are not alone here, Scotty.

the biggest issue i have is that our starting pitching depth totally stinks just like season and look what happened then. we lose one pitcher and we're in the same boat as last year with one of the worst staffs in baseball. maybe we can survive with what we have in position players but if Yu or Derek go down for any length of time we're looking at another season at the bottom because it is pitching that eventually gets you the most wins.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest issue i have is that our starting pitching depth totally stinks just like season and look what happened then. we lose one pitcher and we're in the same boat as last year with one of the worst staffs in baseball. maybe we can survive with what we have in position players but if Yu or Derek go down for any length of time we're looking at another season at the bottom because it is pitching that eventually gets you the most wins.
Yu Derek Detweiller Lewis Tepesch and Perez by mid year is a pretty good start. Not the best but good. Have you considered that perhaps no one goes down? May be ST produces a good prospect or two.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu Derek Detweiller Lewis Tepesch and Perez by mid year is a pretty good start. Not the best but good. Have you considered that perhaps no one goes down? May be ST produces a good prospect or two.

I think a lot of folks are going to be pleasantly surprised by how well both Colby and Nick T. pitches in 2015. I also feel very good about having Nick M, Thompson, Chi Chi, Jackson and Asher in the wings.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of folks are going to be pleasantly surprised by how well both Colby and Nick T. pitches in 2015. I also feel very good about having Nick M, Thompson, Chi Chi, Jackson and Asher in the wings.

I hope all the young arms progress and move forward in their development and a couple push for rotation spots in 2016. JD will likely still add another arm for the rotation this year. I think that the Rangers pitching will surprise a lot of folks this year

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Cocker dead at 70. Takes us back for those who knew him.

That is all.

I remember him. In fact I had friends in a band in south Texas that traveled around and they would call me up on stage at this place in San Antonio to sing (if you can call it singing) and play the tambourine or whatever else they had up there and in two separate events we played with Leon Russell and Mad Dog and the Englishmen and Z Z Top while they handed out posters of themselves. I mention that because Leon's group backed up Joe Cocker who got by with a little help from my friends.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all the young arms progress and move forward in their development and a couple push for rotation spots in 2016. JD will likely still add another arm for the rotation this year. I think that the Rangers pitching will surprise a lot of folks this year

JD is on record of saying he expects Chi-Chi to challenge for a rotation spot in ST.

But I don't think we should be counting on Perez to do much until late next year. This seems to be the pattern of guys who have the TJ surgery. Full year of recovery and then a few months of getting arm strength, control/command back.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him. In fact I had friends in a band in south Texas that traveled around and they would call me up on stage at this place in San Antonio to sing (if you can call it singing) and play the tambourine or whatever else they had up there and in two separate events we played with Leon Russell and Mad Dog and the Englishmen and Z Z Top while they handed out posters of themselves. I mention that because Leon's group backed up Joe Cocker who got by with a little help from my friends.

Atta boy, Wastin. The best rendition of a Beattle song out there. Good story!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That album stands the test of time (Little Help From My Friends).

What a backup band: Albert Lee, Steve Winwood, Jimmy Page, Matthew Fisher, Chris Stainton, and more.

You can track that CD right now and it'll still knock your socks off.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thought that last year and what happened?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD is on record of saying he expects Chi-Chi to challenge for a rotation spot in ST.

But I don't think we should be counting on Perez to do much until late next year. This seems to be the pattern of guys who have the TJ surgery. Full year of recovery and then a few months of getting arm strength, control/command back.

anyone who counts on Perez this year probably also expects that Harrison will be an integral part of this team

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tepesch? really? what are you basing this on?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B/c you don't like him and he doesn't cost a boatload of money or prosepcts he must be terrible...

which he hasn't been terrible his first 2 years, not good but not terrible either, he looked solid down the stretch last year as did Nick Martinez, neither will probably be a number 3 but they can shore up the back end of the rotation if needed

The key here is Detweiler who has looked good when healthy and gets a chance to start in the past

Latos is the only pitcher I can think of that went for less than what I thought he would, but with the Padres, Dodgers & Marlins money and prospect whipping everyone now is not the time to get in on this craziness

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B/c you don't like him and he doesn't cost a boatload of money or prosepcts he must be terrible...

which he hasn't been terrible his first 2 years, not good but not terrible either, he looked solid down the stretch last year as did Nick Martinez, neither will probably be a number 3 but they can shore up the back end of the rotation if needed

The key here is Detweiler who has looked good when healthy and gets a chance to start in the past

Latos is the only pitcher I can think of that went for less than what I thought he would, but with the Padres, Dodgers & Marlins money and prospect whipping everyone now is not the time to get in on this craziness

:agree::10:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought that last year and what happened?

You can't plan on two guys like Perez and Holland both missing almost all year long. When that happens it just isn't your year. Now counting on Harrison with his history was a mistake I think. That being said we could have had all of those pitchers remain healthy all year long and still not make the postseason with the offense we had.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have had this discussion before. Look at how he progressed last year. His last 10 games included a much better ERA than he had prior to that. He made strides last year and at his age a lot of pitchers continue to make strides. You seem to have a problem seeing the grass on your own side of the fence as being as green as it actually is.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had this discussion before. Look at how he progressed last year. His last 10 games included a much better ERA than he had prior to that. He made strides last year and at his age a lot of pitchers continue to make strides. You seem to have a problem seeing the grass on your own side of the fence as being as green as it actually is.

We made one of the shrewdest moves of the offseason in getting Detweiler, but yet we are twiddling our thumbs according to him

I'm all about maximizing the potential of the small deals and minimizing the bust in the big deals

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We made one of the shrewdest moves of the offseason in getting Detweiler, but yet we are twiddling our thumbs according to him

I'm all about maximizing the potential of the small deals and minimizing the bust in the big deals

Ive got a feeling that trade is going to look really nice by the end of this season. Amazing how many people are completely ignoring it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you all on Detweiler. He may really help us out in the middle of the rotation. I just hope we do not mess him around by having him start then go to the pen and back. Stick with him as a starter.