• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had already made a decision about Telis right after the season ended and that was to move him down to the minors

Just like its too early to put Rua in LF, its too early to just put Telis in AAA, still have to go through spring training, keep that pencil handy

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Elvis is about 4 years younger than Kemp so that part balances out. I don't think the health part can be glossed over at all. Kemp's or especially Profar's.

I think we have a profound difference of opinion regarding Elvis and what he can give us going forward and that is the crux of our disagreement. We shall see.

Just because he's 4 years younger doesn't balance that part out. One contract will be off the books, one won't. I wasn't glossing over the health risk. Which is why I mentioned the risk.

I would love for Elvis to turn it around. I really hope he does. Like you said, we shall see.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he's 4 years younger doesn't balance that part out. One contract will be off the books, one won't. I wasn't glossing over the health risk. Which is why I mentioned the risk.

I would love for Elvis to turn it around. I really hope he does. Like you said, we shall see.

I wasn't trying to say necessarily that you were glossing it over. I was merely trying to point out that that is a very big factor. It is a factor that I can't get past.

My hope is that in 2015 both Elvis and Profar show us so much that it is only natural to trade Odor a year from now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to say necessarily that you were glossing it over. I was merely trying to point out that that is a very big factor. It is a factor that I can't get past.

My hope is that in 2015 both Elvis and Profar show us so much that it is only natural to trade Odor a year from now.

Explain how you think Profar AND Elvis will show us? We've seen what happens when we move Profar around. We don't have anywhere for the kid to play. We will never see what he's capable of until he has a full time position in the IF. Maybe if he shows he can stay healthy you can move him to 3rd in 2016, but I'm not sure the Rangers have this in their plans.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain how you think Profar AND Elvis will show us? We've seen what happens when we move Profar around. We don't have anywhere for the kid to play. We will never see what he's capable of until he has a full time position in the IF. Maybe if he shows he can stay healthy you can move him to 3rd in 2016, but I'm not sure the Rangers have this in their plans.

I believe that if Profar shows us he is healthy in STand he is hitting the ball the way he has in the past that he will be our starting second baseman in 2015. His upside is greater than Odor's if healthy and I believe the Rangers understand that. That is the whole reason they traded Ian. Then again his health is a very big IF.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that if Profar shows us he is healthy in STand he is hitting the ball the way he has in the past that he will be our starting second baseman in 2015. His upside is greater than Odor's if healthy and I believe the Rangers understand that. That is the whole reason they traded Ian. Then again his health is a very big IF.

Wow. That's very possible, but Odor doesn't deserve to go back to the minors. They certainly have a tough decision.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's very possible, but Odor doesn't deserve to go back to the minors. They certainly have a tough decision.

Whether he deserves it or not I think it would be better for him to play at AAA than sit on the bench here. On the other hand, Profar's shoulder may never be the same again.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he deserves it or not I think it would be better for him to play at AAA than sit on the bench here. On the other hand, Profar's shoulder may never be the same again.

I would rather Profar or Odor be in AAA rather than being on the bench. That was part of my point earlier. I don't want to see them move Profar around again. I think if Profar stays healthy and shows he can play at this level than EA's time as a Ranger is over. He will be traded I bet, not Odor.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather Profar or Odor be in AAA rather than being on the bench. That was part of my point earlier. I don't want to see them move Profar around again. I think if Profar stays healthy and shows he can play at this level than EA's time as a Ranger is over. He will be traded I bet, not Odor.

That gets right back to our difference of opinion about how Elvis will do in 2015.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That gets right back to our difference of opinion about how Elvis will do in 2015.

What kind of year are you expecting out of Elvis? I think the Rangers expected him to progress as a hitter, and it's not happening (yet anyways). He's actually gotten worse over the last 2 years. My ideal scenario is EA has a year like he did in 2011 and 2012, while Profar shows his potential. That way we can shed EA's contract while bringing a big return back.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why a team would offer Headley a 4 year deal worth 65M? That seems ridiculously high.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of year are you expecting out of Elvis? I think the Rangers expected him to progress as a hitter, and it's not happening (yet anyways). He's actually gotten worse over the last 2 years. My ideal scenario is EA has a year like he did in 2011 and 2012, while Profar shows his potential. That way we can shed EA's contract while bringing a big return back.

So you want him to do good so we can trade him? How good would he have to do to make you want to keep him or do you simply want to be rid of him no matter how good he is?

I would like to see him steal 40 plus bases again and hit .290 or so and flash some gold glove caliber defense.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why a team would offer Headley a 4 year deal worth 65M? That seems ridiculously high.

I think it is all of the new TV contracts everywhere just provides teams with more to spend. Well, most teams that is.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want him to do good so we can trade him? How good would he have to do to make you want to keep him or do you simply want to be rid of him no matter how good he is?

I would like to see him steal 40 plus bases again and hit .290 or so and flash some gold glove caliber defense.

He's done that once and then declined the next 2 years. If he hits .286 and steals 40 bases again I would probably want to keep him around for another year. He needs to show me that he hasn't hit his ceiling in order for me to change my mind. He's just been really frustrating the last few years, IMO.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the most disappointing parts of EA's game last year is he quit taking walking, but I was encouraged by his career high in doubles, which is where his value lies, taking walking walks and hitting doubles and hitting just enough singles to keep his average above .280

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.R. Sullivan writes that Jon Daniels is texting all the other g.m.s and saying he's "down for whatever" when it comes to starting pitching, and highlights some of the pieces that the Rangers might looks to deal for a pitcher.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: