• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very happy with this. Good #4-#5 guy. Still need a #3. Dammit Perez, why'd you have to go and get hurt? :pout:

Don't make me sad...poor little Johan...Teen will rise again from the ashes in Surprise at some point this year. Which coincidentally enough is only 25 miles from Phoenix.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you may be undervaluing him. Players at his position with the ability to hit like that don't come around very often.

Based on what? I am interested to see where you take this.

I know he plays a premium position but any prospect is available for the right player is what I'm saying. I would trade him easily for mike trout or Bryce harper

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he plays a premium position but any prospect is available for the right player is what I'm saying. I would trade him easily for mike trout or Bryce harper

It's not a 1 for 1 trade. The accrued cost of a package including Alfaro for Harper just wouldn't be worth it. Trade Alfaro for Harper straight up? Where do I sign? But that's not going to happen.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a 1 for 1 trade. The accrued cost of a package including Alfaro for Harper just wouldn't be worth it. Trade Alfaro for Harper straight up? Where do I sign? But that's not going to happen.

Oh, yeah that's what I was tryin to get at lol. Some were saying they wouldn't trade Alfaro for Harper but I misread it

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it Steve Austin! We have Colby Lewis.

Damn You..........you completely stole my thunder.

I was researching some lines from old Steve himself when you "legitimately" beat-me-to-the-punch."

Well done.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to live and pitch forever. They can keep replacing what breaks with robotic parts.

You know, I have never seen him pitch live. I've seen Yu twice, Dutch, Harry twice, Ogando and several others. Assuming Colby signs, I need to make a trip down to see the Cobra pitch now that I'm no longer protesting Wash remaining manager by not buying tickets.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I have never seen him pitch live. I've seen Yu twice, Dutch, Harry twice, Ogando and several others. Assuming Colby signs, I need to make a trip down to see the Cobra pitch now that I'm no longer protesting Wash remaining manager by not buying tickets.

Honestly, you owe it too yourself to do this.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need to make it to more games myself. The only one I've been able to make happen the past couple of years was the 26 out near perfecto...I picked a good one to see.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone mentioning how valuable Harper is reminds me of the discussion we were having in September about the importance of finishing with the worst record. Harper was a #1 overall pick while Christian Colon was drafted 4th that year. That is one of the reasons I hated seeing us win so many games in the last couple of weeks of the season. There is often a huge difference in the two picks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone mentioning how valuable Harper is reminds me of the discussion we were having in September about the importance of finishing with the worst record. Harper was a #1 overall pick while Christian Colon was drafted 4th that year. That is one of the reasons I hated seeing us win so many games in the last couple of weeks of the season. There is often a huge difference in the two picks.

They're always huge decisions, especially when you make the wrong decision for sure. That's when the spotlight is on your ass.

Look at the draft in any sport over the past 10 years, and you'll see, # 1's killing it, busting it, and all things in the middle too.

Was Trout, Kershaw, Pujols, Cabrera, Votto, Pedoria, Morneau, Rollins, etc. # 1 picks? I didn't look it up. But these guys have all won MVP awards.

You make some good drafts, and some ya don't. The draft isn't so different from life really; good decisions, bad decisions.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh. The draft is a total crap shoot. I'll show you plenty of stars who were drafted in later rounds.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

They're always huge decisions, especially when you make the wrong decision for sure. That's when the spotlight is on your ass.

Look at the draft in any sport over the past 10 years, and you'll see, # 1's killing it, busting it, and all things in the middle too.

Was Trout, Kershaw, Pujols, Cabrera, Votto, Pedoria, Morneau, Rollins, etc. # 1 picks? I didn't look it up. But these guys have all won MVP awards.

You make some good drafts, and some ya don't. The draft isn't so different from life really; good decisions, bad decisions.

Pujols was drafted in the 13th round out of Maple Woods CC. He's once in a lifetime find for sure.

Votto was a second round guy.

Trout was a compensation pick for the Angels losing Teix to FA.

Kershaw was 7th overall in 2006.

Miggy was an international FA signing by the Marlins.

Rollins was a second rounder like Votto.

Little Pedey was also a second rounder.

Morneau was as 3rd round selection.

MVPs can literally come from anywhere, but the odds of getting the best production by player go down dramatically by each pick.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The draft is a total crap shoot. I'll show you plenty of stars who were drafted in later rounds.

Exactly. And it's the same in all sports, all the time.

Gee, Mike Trout was taken with the 25th pick in the 1st round. How many of those guys taken in front of him ya want instead of him?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And it's the same in all sports, all the time.

Gee, Mike Trout was taken with the 25th pick in the 1st round. How many of those guys taken in front of him ya want instead of him?

Exceptions exist to every rule. Tom Brady being a 6th round draft pick is one of those. Your best value generally comes from the first round. Yeah it would be lovely to have Mike Trout, but he's a rarity.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols was drafted in the 13th round out of Maple Woods CC. He's once in a lifetime find for sure.

Votto was a second round guy.

Trout was a compensation pick for the Angels losing Teix to FA.

Kershaw was 7th overall in 2006.

Miggy was an international FA signing by the Marlins.

Rollins was a second rounder like Votto.

Little Pedey was also a second rounder.

Morneau was as 3rd round selection.

MVPs can literally come from anywhere, but the odds of getting the best production by player go down dramatically by each pick.

Excellent research and backup Rev......seriously.

Josh Hamilton was an incredibly talented player coming outta High School. Deserved to be drafted #1 in the first round. But, unfortunately for him, the value of the paper of his diploma and his IQ are the same.

My point is, it's all a crap shoot.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the #3 was Manny Machado, Drew Pomeranz and Matt Harvey at 5 and 7 and Chris Sale at 13. Of course we took Jake Skole at 15 who has been a bust. We keep promoting him just because of that. And guess who was at #10. Michael Choice. Some good pitchers listed above plus I know Zach Lee was a 1st rounder.