• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promising update:

Some representatives from the rangers have set up a meeting with david price's agent on monday to discuss his contract if a trade was to occur. It makes you believe that they think that they can get price, but don't want to unless he's gonna extend the contract before reaching free agency.

Interesting news indeed, Terps. Do you know the pieces that would be involved on our side? Any part of the present rotation?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. 21M/yr isn't a ton either for the kind of numbers Braun puts up though. FA's that aren't worth 20M a year are getting it now. I think I would rather trade for Braun than Price.

I am usually all for pitching but I am with you on this one.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Ranger's need a corner outfielder and a catcher more then further gutting our minor leagues for David Price.I think if we can sign Choo and Dioner Navarro and maybe Michael Morse to platoon at DH with Mitch Moreland would benefit us more. Then maybe signing one of JD'S reclamation projects at SP that he has every year would fill out our team.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Ranger's need a corner outfielder and a catcher more then further gutting our minor leagues for David Price.I think if we can sign Choo and Dioner Navarro and maybe Michael Morse to platoon at DH with Mitch Moreland would benefit us more. Then maybe signing one of JD'S reclamation projects at SP that he has every year would fill out our team.

Welcome sir

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd you find us parman?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have you on SportsHoopla. Welcome

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals will have lots of competition for Beltran, whose other suitors might include the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Rangers, and Mariners. And after the signing of Jason Vargas, the Royals already appear to have little money to spare. Dutton reports, however, that the Royals might be able to find space in their payroll for Beltran, perhaps by making other transactions to reduce salary. If the Royals were to sign Beltran, for example, one possibility might be to trade DH Billy Butler, who is set to make $8MM in 2014 (with an option and a $1MM buyout for 2015).

Billy Butler is an option for a full time DH and would fill the #5 spot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals will have lots of competition for Beltran, whose other suitors might include the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Rangers, and Mariners. And after the signing of Jason Vargas, the Royals already appear to have little money to spare. Dutton reports, however, that the Royals might be able to find space in their payroll for Beltran, perhaps by making other transactions to reduce salary. If the Royals were to sign Beltran, for example, one possibility might be to trade DH Billy Butler, who is set to make $8MM in 2014 (with an option and a $1MM buyout for 2015).

Billy Butler is an option for a full time DH and would fill the #5 spot.

Agreed. All depends on what they'd want for him.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. All depends on what they'd want for him.

He'd be cheaper than Price or Braun. I'd also feel better about JDs chances of fleecing Moore and Melvin, rather than Friedman.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you go back and read any DT? What are your thoughts on trading for Braun instead of Price?
We need more of what Braun brings to the table in way of a big bat. Hard to not take a pitcher like Price if he becomes available. Do we want to win it in 2014 then Braun is my answer because we have a good rotation in place. If we take Price, I think there may not be a deal for a big bat and in that case we add Price if he agrees to an extension which I doubt he would do.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Ryan Braun but i think there is no way that Milwaukee would trade him.Billy Butler is a very good hitter and would be that bat we need.I would be down with Choo,Butler and Navarro and the current pitching staff.Thank you for the welcome been a Ranger fan for longer then most of y'all have been alive i'm sure going to The David Clyde game for you old timers on here.I post on pro sports forum and the Texas Ranger fan board also.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Ryan Braun but i think there is no way that Milwaukee would trade him.Billy Butler is a very good hitter and would be that bat we need.I would be down with Choo,Butler and Navarro and the current pitching staff.Thank you for the welcome been a Ranger fan for longer then most of y'all have been alive i'm sure going to The David Clyde game for you old timers on here.I post on pro sports forum and the Texas Ranger fan board also.
I was there with you. Hope you like it here. Good folks that know their stuff to talk with.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Milwaukee has already hinted pretty stinky that they might trade braun.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our minors have been hit hard the last few years and i can only imagine the package we would have to put together to get Braun.I think the Butler rumors are more legit if the Royas sign Beltran for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.