• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are DEFINITELY getting money back, but still hearing another player could be involved. Like I said, not sure IF and WHO but that's what im being told

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Profar will play second, Fielder 1st/DH; what about OF help?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?!?!!' This is so unexpected!!!!!

See.....all of a sudden the landscape changes without us taking a breath.

JD has perhaps sprung a barn-burner with no warning whatsoever.

And the trading/FA period has only just begun.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody slow down. If the Tigers eat some contract, our budget may be fine.

And the RBI this guy delivers will be tremendous. He's had over 100 for 6 outta the last 7 years.

With Profar at 2nd and Prince at first, I think we'll get more RBI between the two than with Moreland/Kins.
I think this caught us so off guard, that we need the time grasp the ramifications. My heart was set on Shelby Miller and Matt Adams coming here (along with McCann) , so I need to re-focus!!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See.....all of a sudden the landscape changes without us taking a breath.

JD has perhaps sprung a barn-burner with no warning whatsoever.

And the trading/FA period has only just begun.

Sign choo and I'll be so happy.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some people are down on this trade, but I for one am excited about it. I am sure some of you know I was not a huge fan of Kinsler to begin with and would rather take a chance to see what Profar can do and now he can get full playing time and focus on just one position. It also gives us that big bat at 1B we have been looking for, probably takes us out of the running to sign a big OF bat (Cruz, Ells, Choo) but I like this bat much better than any of those guys anyway. The guy is a beast and rarely misses time, if he just becomes a DH who cares? He is not known for his glove anyway.

I say we still keep Moreland and platoon him at 1B against righties. I am content with having an OF of Martin, Gentry, and Rios. I still think there are plans to sign Mccann, I cant see JD being satisfied with having Soto being the starting catcher. Maybe bring Salty back if they want a cheaper alternative, but I still the Mccann is in play.

We really needed to add a big bat and I think this is going to work out well for us.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellsbury or Choo in the outfield? I'm hoping so. I'm not confident with EA or Martin hitting leadoff. I like EA at two because he's one of our best situational hitters, and I like Martin at 9 as an end of the lineup sparkplug

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlbtr is reporting the same thing i am i think. Rangers getting money back and another player possibly involved.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this caught us so off guard, that we need the time grasp the ramifications. My heart was set on Shelby Miller and Matt Adams coming here (along with McCann) , so I need to re-focus!!!

Yeah, I was kinda liking that scenario myself.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gentry's glove and speed, but sure would like RBIs from the outfield. Cruz, is he gone? L.Martin is young player with a lot of potential, but think we need someone to bring in a lot of runs. Hamilton had a number of issues, but he pulled in 100 RBIs a year. Missed those runs last year, imo.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so weird that the tigers would want ian in their park. He pops up everytime and that field pop ups are like candy

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's Choo. I've never been a fan of starting the year with Gentry, Martin, and Rios as the starting OFers. I doubt JD is done.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Profar will play second, Fielder 1st/DH; what about OF help?

Relax Mack.....it is one of many opportunities. Rome wasn't built in a day.

And your quote of "go to hell, I'm going to Texas" is from Davy Crockett; not David Bowie.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe we sign Cano and trade Profar to St. Louis for Miller

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellsbury or Choo in the outfield? I'm hoping so. I'm not confident with EA or Martin hitting leadoff. I like EA at two because he's one of our best situational hitters, and I like Martin at 9 as an end of the lineup sparkplug
I can't see us going for Choo/Ellsbury and McCann. This deal takes one of these two FA's out of play IMO (unless JD intends on blowing thru his $125m budget!). I'm thinking this means Cruz is gone too.

Ready for a mindblower? Trade Profar for Tavares and sign Cano!!! I'm having fun now!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe anyone would see this as anything but a GREAT trade for the Rangers. Profar slides in at 2nd, and we get a guy that may hit 50 HR's a year in our park. Awesome

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gentry's glove and speed, but sure would like RBIs from the outfield. Cruz, is he gone? L.Martin is young player with a lot of potential, but think we need someone to bring in a lot of runs. Hamilton had a number of issues, but he pulled in 100 RBIs a year. Missed those runs last year, imo...........So did he.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see us going for Choo/Ellsbury and McCann. This deal takes one of these two FA's out of play IMO (unless JD intends on blowing thru his $125m budget!). I'm thinking this means Cruz is gone too.

Ready for a mindblower? Trade Profar for Tavares and sign Cano!!! I'm having fun now!

i have arguing for weeks that the 125M limit was a smoke screen and everyone blew me off

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Profar isn't going anywhere and that's a great thing. We have the best middle infield D in the game, the best defensive 3rd baseman, speed in the OF and now we've added a monster bat

Status
Not open for further replies.