• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar isn't going anywhere and that's a great thing. We have the best middle infield D in the game, the best defensive 3rd baseman, speed in the OF and now we've added a monster bat

Speed, yes. Power and RBI's, no. We need an OFer.
I think this means Soto will be the starting catcher.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Lainey gets wind of this.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are sending less than $50MM to the Rangers, sources tell Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Profar steps in and does well at second. Gonna miss Ian a lot more than I thought I ever would, but wow this is a huge trade. Miggy going back to first base for the tigers. Kinsler playing second for them. Gonna be fun to see how both teams benefit from this. Good job Daniels and Dombrowski.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar isn't going anywhere and that's a great thing. We have the best middle infield D in the game, the best defensive 3rd baseman, speed in the OF and now we've added a monster bat
:agree:
JD wasn't going to watch Profar become a star elsewhere

Best trade possible
Great trade JD

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we sign Cano and trade Profar to St. Louis for Miller

Well, if we sign Cano, then the budget - if there really was one - is shot. But that gives us a bunch of RBI in Prince/Cano, and a stud to add to the pitching staff.

Starters of Darvish, Holland, Perez, Harrison (??), Miller.....that's pretty tough guys.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Profar at second....but catcher and more punch in the OF is needed, and we'll need to address a lead-off hitter because we now don't have one...Gentry/Martin??

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we sign Cano, then the budget - if there really was one - is shot. But that gives us a bunch of RBI in Prince/Cano, and a stud to add to the pitching staff.

Starters of Darvish, Holland, Perez, Harrison (??), Miller.....that's pretty tough guys.
World Series here we come...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
JD wasn't going to watch Profar become a star elsewhere

Best trade possible
Great trade JD

REALLY....if we don't get hammered on dollars (assuming the Tigers eat money), this is a wonderful trade for both teams I think.

I love it.....and the trading/FA frenzy has just begun.

None of us saw this coming.....what's next? Bring it on JD.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I guess people can't bitch about jd sitting on his hands this year. This is only the start imo. Jd still has designs for another big move our two, and I'm being McCann is still in play.

As for this deal, I'll be sad to see Ian go. He's been a great ranger, but this is probably a very good move. I'll cheer for him as long as he isn't playing the rangers, but he gets a big standing ovation on his return to rbia.

Something had to be done about the mif situation, and Elvis needed to stay. Field fits the bill perfectly for hitting in front of Beltre, and had proven to be very durable. Now we need another outfielder and a catcher.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrote this yesterday:

I brought up Cano at the end of last month at some point, and had it shot down pretty hard.
bawling.gif

I know not many of you want Kemp and I don't know of another team besides the Royals that might take Ian. So for the signing of Cano I would think it's Butler, Ethier, Kemp, or Crawford that we would get for Ian.

Obviously I didn't see Detroit as a possibility. I was talking about after trading Ian we could still move Profar to the Cards and sign Cano. I don't know what to think now. We have to many holes to fill to sign Cano. Oh hell I don't know.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw guys. Remember how this came out of nowhere when people start bitching about jd sitting on his hands. Jd works in the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.