• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so but they had better load up the offense big time if you planning on doing it

Or when he misses 15+ games to a pulled hamstring

I'd rather plan 15 games he can miss than lose him for 15+ in a row with no control over when he misses

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so but they had better load up the offense big time if you planning on doing it
It would be at most 14 or 15 games. Once every ten games or so. That would leave him more fresh for Sept.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather plan 15 games he can miss than lose him for 15+ in a row with no control over when he misses
This...this...1 million times this! :10:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not arguing with your assessment, just saying that we need to build up the offense more so that giving him time off doesn't hurt the team's offense.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you really see Beltre accepting DH'ing 30+ games?

Ya know what? It's time for Washington to manage the players, and one of his jobs should be to "rest" Beltre -with or without his "effing" permission - which is the way managers become true managers. IMO Not just DH....nights off Adrian.

Wash to Adrian..."I love ya. But tonight, and tomorrow night - maybe the next night too - you're going to sit your ass in the cold pool/steam room, etc. and that's the end of this discussion."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they need to discuss scheduled days off with him. They have two more years left on that contract and the way to get the most value out of him is by resting him regularly.

Thank you. What I was trying to say all along.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out to the people that were telling me that the Marlins would not take on Ian's contract because they're not going to spend any money that they're pushing for Abreu.

The Marlins were well-represented at Jose Dariel Abreu's most recent showcase, according to MLB.com's Joe Frisaro, who reports that the team is giving serious consideration to meeting his price tag, which could exceed $40-50MM. The Marlins have become enamored with Abreu's bat and "are all-in" on signing him, says Frisaro.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out to the people that were telling me that the Marlins would not take on Ian's contract because they're not going to spend any money that they're pushing for Abreu.

The Marlins were well-represented at Jose Dariel Abreu's most recent showcase, according to MLB.com's Joe Frisaro, who reports that the team is giving serious consideration to meeting his price tag, which could exceed $40-50MM. The Marlins have become enamored with Abreu's bat and "are all-in" on signing him, says Frisaro.
For the life of me I don't know why you would spend 50 MM on a batter who has never played a day in the MLB. And before anyone suggests the name Yu Darvish, he was facing competition much better than Abreu has ever seen in his lifetime. The NPB is probably the second best league in the world.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious.

Totally serious, prospect wise it'll be a serious haul...

contract wise to make it worth giving up all those prospects.... its going to be huge

all for a guy that at 24 has already had; knee, shoulder and hamstring issues, guys his size do no do well as major leaguers, injury wise

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know what? It's time for Washington to manage the players, and one of his jobs should be to "rest" Beltre -with or without his "effing" permission - which is the way managers become true managers. IMO Not just DH....nights off Adrian.

Wash to Adrian..."I love ya. But tonight, and tomorrow night - maybe the next night too - you're going to sit your ass in the cold pool/steam room, etc. and that's the end of this discussion."

Beltre to Wash: "I hear you, but I'm getting paid big bucks to provide offense to this line up and since we are being shut out and losing games because of an inability to score runs sitting me on the bench seems counter productive. I need to play." And two lockers down Yu Darvish hollers, "damn right"....through an interpreter.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre to Wash: "I hear you, but I'm getting paid big bucks to provide offense to this line up and since we are being shut out and losing games because of an inability to score runs sitting me on the bench seems counter productive. I need to play." And two lockers down Yu Darvish hollers, "damn right"....through an interpreter.
He's not being paid to play 162 games. He's being paid to stay healthy and produce. He only hit .262 and had his lowest .OPS of any month of the season in September. He was worn out.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not being paid to play 162 games. He's being paid to stay healthy and produce. He only hit .262 and had his lowest .OPS of any month of the season in September. He was worn out.

exactly and mainly because he had no offensive support of any kind and felt he had to stay on the field and produce

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're talking about two different things. Being tired and being injured. If you're just talking about giving him rest I agree, but his hamstring problem started on June 1st. Even if you give him 15 games off here and there as protection you can't assume or predict that he won't get hurt in one of the other 147 games.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about two different things. Being tired and being injured. If you're just talking about giving him rest I agree, but his hamstring problem started on June 1st. Even if you give him 15 games off here and there as protection you can't assume or predict that he won't get hurt in one of the other 147 games.
You limit the overuse of his hamstrings.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's a very weak infield with two players playing positions they're not accustomed to.

Uh....Kinsler at 1B, Profar at 2nd, Andrus at SS and Beltre at 3rd......a weak IF?? That would be the best IF in the game defensively and I dont think it would be close. Great range everywhere. As to the offense, those four guys would hit 1, 2, 4 and 9 for the Rangers lol.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign our own, McCann and health would do the trick

1B Kinsler
SS Andrus
RF Rios
3B Beltre
C McCann
DH Cruz
CF Martin
2B Profar
LF Gentry

Yu
Holland
Harrison
Garza
Perez

Nathan
Schep
Ogando
Cotts
Feliz
Ross

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He really produced the last 3+ weeks of the season didn't he?

IMO, it's short sighted - insert Washington's name here - to keep playing a guy who is worn down and getting worse. He did the same effing thing 2 years ago and our entire team's tongues were lying on their collective chest at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.