• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worse, its a slap in the face, he's behind Martin, who he just had a better season than

And Martin had a slightly better year vs RHPs, .749 OPS vs Gentry's .709, which is to be expected b/c Martin has more power and that's usually what's most affected by splits

No it's not a slap in the face. That's a little dramatic.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do less talking before because they were still able to get away with under the radar things. They've grown way past that now. The Rangers are in a top 4 media market, have a crap ton of money and have been trending up since 2009 and been a damn good team since 2010. Everybody knows about the Rangers so it's inevitable that not only will we hear more rumors about their business but they'll have to talk more because it's sort of what is expected now. I'm glad it's this way. We're a big market ballclub...so it's time to act like it.

good point

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers really wanted to move Kinsler I think they'd be able to find someone for him. He's still a good player and good 2B. And while he has a sizable contract, it's nothing outrageous in my opinion.

But another thing we need to keep in mind is that he has a no trade clause and he's settled here nicely in the metroplex. So depending on where he may be dealt too he can easily veto it.

Right, I keep mentioning this.
Both EA and Kinlser could make it tough on JD, they do have partial no trades. You have to assume their agents will look at every possible trade and put the most likely teams on the list.
Assuming they want to stay, which I do.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I keep mentioning this.
Both EA and Kinlser could make it tough on JD, they do have partial no trades. You have to assume their agents will look at every possible trade and put the most likely teams on the list.
Assuming they want to stay, which I do.

I don't see either of them blocking a trade. I would see them being traded to contenders that needed a MIF.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe not to make an assumption that Cruz automatically signs with us. Some said he would take the QO, some, including myself, said he wouldn't. My reasoning was it's dangerous for someone of his age, to go into another season without a contract, down year and there goes the value. Despite the suspension, he had a good year...IMO his value as a hitter is still very high.

I think he wants to stay, and that may help

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 3 mill a season the past few years along with the media contract better equate to a willingness to up the ante. I could care less about stadium improvements unless they put a roof on.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see either of them blocking a trade. I would see them being traded to contenders that needed a MIF.

How could anyone possibly know that? And who says they are traded to a contender... how does anyone know for sure who will contend?

you think Ian Kinsler from Arizona wants to be traded to Canada, just for example.
I don't think so Rev. They both care, that's why the clauses are there.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 3 mill a season the past few years along with the media contract better equate to a willingness to up the ante. I could care less about stadium improvements unless they put a roof on.

I agree, I don't need to advocate breaking the bank because JD wouldn't do that anyway,(a good thing) but...I'm not buying we don't have enough flexibility to really improve the team.

I think they do have the flexibility, I think they know it, and I think they'll use it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kins on a partial or full no trade clause? If partial I would like to know to which teams he doesn't want to go to. And good news on Perez.

Lainey, keep blowing on those St. Louis/Texas trade embers. Want to see a real fire there.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kins on a partial or full no trade clause? If partial I would like to know to which teams he doesn't want to go to. And good news on Perez.

Lainey, keep blowing on those St. Louis/Texas trade embers. Want to see a real fire there.

Kins has a partial darryl.

No kidding about the Cards, I can try some voo-doo or something?
I don't see a lot of downside for either team, (as Rev mentioned) Adams may be tough for the Cards to part with because he's controllable...but once again, we aren't talking Miggy here.

Sure they'd rather trade Linn, but I think they're very serious (genuine) when they also put Miller on the table.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kins has a partial darryl.

No kidding about the Cards, I can try some voo-doo or something?
I don't see a lot of downside for either team, (as Rev mentioned) Adams may be tough for the Cards to part with because he's controllable...but once again, we aren't talking Miggy here.

Sure they'd rather trade Linn, but I think they're very serious (genuine) when they also put Miller on the table.

There is this from CBS sports: Cardinals, Rangers could be match in trade talks - CBSSports.com

So it's not just us discussing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could anyone possibly know that? And who says they are traded to a contender... how does anyone know for sure who will contend?

you think Ian Kinsler from Arizona wants to be traded to Canada, just for example.
I don't think so Rev. They both care, that's why the clauses are there.

I think it's pretty safe to say that teams know who they expect to contend year to year. There can always be surprises, but it would make sense for Texas to find teams that need what they have. And teams like the Cardinals, Dodgers, and Royals lack what Texas has.

I don't think where Kins is from has anything to do with where he ends up. He wouldn't have to permanently live there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just my opinion but this almost sounds like "oh well we took our shot and it didn't happen so let's take a couple of steps back and try again in a couple of years"

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't like the "improvement" behind home plate anyways. Who wants less HR's? I want fireworks, and lots of them.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History has shown that the way to get pitching here is to trade or sign internationally, because free agents just simply do not sign here, pitching wise. So all of this shelby miller or david price talk makes more sense than anyone we could sign out there.

But even though kins has a partial NTC, there should be someone out there who wants him. His value will increase a lot after cano signs. They'll see a 25 mil a year guy and then see kinsler and realize that his value for the price is pretty solid. He's for sure a top 10 second basemen and when he's healthy one could easily argue he is top 5. Open up some cap room for guys like McCann, get some good prospects, and open the door for JP. Then we can see where to go from there

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History has shown that the way to get pitching here is to trade or sign internationally, because free agents just simply do not sign here, pitching wise. So all of this shelby miller or david price talk makes more sense than anyone we could sign out there.

But even though kins has a partial NTC, there should be someone out there who wants him. His value will increase a lot after cano signs. They'll see a 25 mil a year guy and then see kinsler and realize that his value for the price is pretty solid. He's for sure a top 10 second basemen and when he's healthy one could easily argue he is top 5. Open up some cap room for guys like McCann, get some good prospects, and open the door for JP. Then we can see where to go from there

With Miller on the block I don't see any reason to even talk about Price anymore, unless TB drops the asking price. There's no way I would give up Profar + our next 3 best prospects. I would rather have Miller plus a few Cardinals prospects. Plus, I don't think there's any way we put 4 lefties in the rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.