• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how he'd be anymore tradable a year at DH. For his sake I hope he has one helluva year. I don't see him as a full time DH even. They will want to see Choice and Arencepia there as well.

Well if Moreland has a really good year at the DH position teams with a need for a first baseman will be willing to give up more for him since he's been an average defender there.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how he'd be anymore tradable a year at DH. For his sake I hope he has one helluva year. I don't see him as a full time DH even. They will want to see Choice and Arencepia there as well.

Yeah, they defiantly will see some ABs there. Choice might start the season in AAA though… I think you want him playing and not sitting on the bench too much. But who knows, by the end of the season Choice might be the full time DH… personally I would prefer him in the field though. Honestly, I don;t know too much about this kid but he must be something if they were willing to part with Gentry.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades involving bringing in a DH AND an SP have been brought up apparently. They tried to get carlos santana and justin masterson at the same time, which would have costed a shit load. They also tried to get luke scott and jeremy hellickson at the winter meetings. Now luke scott plays overseas. So I mean, it looks like they're really trying to go all in.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades involving bringing in a DH AND an SP have been brought up apparently. They tried to get carlos santana and justin masterson at the same time, which would have costed a shit load. They also tried to get luke scott and jeremy hellickson at the winter meetings. Now luke scott plays overseas. So I mean, it looks like they're really trying to go all in.

Masterson and Santana? I bet they asked for a braves trade like haul from us lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn..... I don't think Moreland has earned another shot. The guy let us down last year when we needed him to step up.

I am with you on that. We need a Boras type ploy and make teams think he is the next Chris Davis. If he stays I would love to be wrong and see him go nuts but not counting on it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just being dishonest, and I was just messing with you, hence the emoticon and yes I was being an ass about it, but still in good fun

okay sorry but if i remember correctly my comment was something to the effect if we were held to these numbers we were screwed

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possible he was playing hurt last year. As I, and others have stated, he was batting around .280 w/ power when he got hurt last year.

his problem is that he gets hurt every year and he can't sustain a whole season

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simpson says signing Masahiro Tanaka would be "a tough thing," MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports. "We aggressively went after Yu [Darvish], who we are fortunate to have. I guess I should never say never, but at the moment, we're more interested in just rounding out our team than marquee players," Simpson says. The Rangers have already added Choo and Prince Fielder this offseason.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his problem is that he gets hurt every year and he can't sustain a whole season

You got that one right.

No doubt in my mind, he either has a breakout season or he's gone from our organization after next year. And if we're in the thick of it and he isn't producing or is hurt again around the trade deadline, he's toast.

Like the guy really. Just can't stay on the diamond enough.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lineup is significantly better and we actually have the same if not less of a payroll as we did last year right? We were at 134.6 last year and we'e around there again. That's with the additions of choo and fielder (whose money from detroit hasn't even kicked in yet). Crazy

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lineup is significantly better and we actually have the same if not less of a payroll as we did last year right? We were at 134.6 last year and we'e around there again. That's with the additions of choo and fielder (whose money from detroit hasn't even kicked in yet). Crazy

i checked a couple of sites and i can only come up with a team salary right now including estimated arbitration numbers of around 120M.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn..... I don't think Moreland has earned another shot. The guy let us down last year when we needed him to step up.

I don't either. But i willing to give him till the all star break. If he struggling bench him. Don't make it an all year thing, like they did with Murphy.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD is the one who said that it was at about 130-135 right now, but if its at 120 then why wouldn't we make another move? We could get morales in that range no problem. If we're all in this year then lets freakin be all in.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, reports coming in that tanaka is gonna cost AT LEAST 17 mil a year if not more. That is absurd. Absolutely outrageous. King felix and verlander are making like 20 next year. This guy, who has never pitched in the mlb before and isnt even projected to be an ace, and not even, by most reports, to be above a 3, is gonna get close to their money? That's why he's a bad idea

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, reports coming in that tanaka is gonna cost AT LEAST 17 mil a year if not more. That is absurd. Absolutely outrageous. King felix and verlander are making like 20 next year. This guy, who has never pitched in the mlb before and isnt even projected to be an ace, and not even, by most reports, to be above a 3, is gonna get close to their money? That's why he's a bad idea

You are off. He's going to be a number 2 and a Greinke type deal is warranted. Aces should be getting 200MM deals and we will see how much that market is when Kershaw signs.

I scoff at anyone saying he's not even a three....that's ridiculous.

Remember Tim Lincecum's contract...he's making 17 a year. Mark Buehrle is making 18 million this year and Tanaka should easily out perform both of those guys. I would have zero issues with Texas offering 7 years 120 for Tanaka.

Last edited by a moderator: