• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers can always change afterward. If Cruz resigns I expect Choo will change his number. Don't think it's a bigger deal as some may make it seem.

Yeah, I agree… the number thing is not really a big deal but its the taking a hometown discount and not having an everyday spot in the OF that makes it seem like the odds are slim to me. Not to mention the commitments we have already made… we just might not have room for him in the budget anymore. Either way, I can still be a fan of his… I just hope he doesn't go somewhere in our division.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 17 mill a season it still doesn't make sense, b/c of the POSSIBILITY of increased revenue due to the Asian market

It makes sense, because he will be a solid number 2 locked up from his age 25 season.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree… the number thing is not really a big deal but its the taking a hometown discount and not having an everyday spot in the OF that makes it seem like the odds are slim to me. Not to mention the commitments we have already made… we just might not have room for him in the budget anymore. Either way, I can still be a fan of his… I just hope he doesn't go somewhere in our division.
Baltimore, I would hope. Hate to see Cruz sign with Seattle.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore, I would hope. Hate to see Cruz sign with Seattle.

Yeah, he would have a lot of friends there already. I think the M's have already sort of bowed out on Cruz but maybe not if he gets cheaper. If he did go there, to the A's, or even the hated Halos it would be a very sad day but he is one of the few players I would not hold it against.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cruz as well but feel that he is a pretty good player and if he hadn't been playing for the Rangers the last few years that none of us would know or care all that much about him...kind of an above average outfielder...am I way off here?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cruz as well but feel that he is a pretty good player and if he hadn't been playing for the Rangers the last few years that none of us would know or care all that much about him...kind of an above average outfielder...am I way off here?

Not way off, below average defender with an well above average arm

Average hitter with well above average power

But overall, I'd consider him above average, but regressing noticeably

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He tied a team record of 5 straight seasons of 20 or more homers. He was a power bat that Texas needed, but with some other moves his presence is not as necessary vs his cost.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boooooooooooooo… but I can't say the writing wasn't already on the wall.

Yeah....me too. Hate to see him go, but I didn't think he'd sign here if most of his ABs would come from DHing, and that's exactly what he'd have to do.

Don't sign with the M's!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say he probably carried our team only 2nd to Beltre myself. You could really count on him to drive in runs too. If he wasn't so injury prone he would be much more well known and last season, it was looking like he was on pace to not really miss that much time. Also, he had an unforgettable ALCS vs. the Tigers… without him would have never seen the Cards in the WS in the first place.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not way off, below average defender with an well above average arm

Average hitter with well above average power

But overall, I'd consider him above average, but regressing noticeably

I'd be interested in you explaining this noticeable regression. Out of all of our core players we let go, I am pretty confident that Cruz might be the one that makes us regret not extending him the most.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he probably carried our team only 2nd to Beltre myself. You could really count on him to drive in runs too. If he wasn't so injury prone he would be much more well known and last season, it was looking like he was on pace to not really miss that much time. Also, he had an unforgettable ALCS vs. the Tigers… without him would have never seen the Cards in the WS in the first place.
I think the getting of Rios sealed his fate with us. That PED thing probably led to his undoing here.