• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't narrow it down to 1-4 but knew JD had negotiated multiple deals with Boras clients such as Choo and Andrus even when folks said Boras wouldn't let his clients sign extensions like Andrus ultimately did. Seems like JD and Boras work fairly well together

Boras realizes where the money is and TEX will spend it on the right program for the right player.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant is such a moron.
He says on MLBTR that we could get in on Tanaka by trading Rios and then trading Holland for Gardner. I can't believe this guy gets paid for this type of garbage.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says on MLBTR that we could get in on Tanaka by trading Rios and then trading Holland for Gardner. I can't believe this guy gets paid for this type of garbage.
How did he come up with that formula?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just about to say the same thing word for word. Trade Rios, then trade holland for gardner. THEN you can sign tanaka. Fuck outta here man. What a stupid whatever he does

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about to say the same thing word for word. Trade Rios, then trade holland for gardner. THEN you can sign tanaka. Fuck outta here man. What a stupid whatever he does
Ha. Trade Rios for who?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
one reporter list 7 teams as in on Tanaka: NYY, LAD, Arizona, Cubs, Rangers, Balt, Toronto & Seattle. he says the Yankees are Even mpney, LAD is at 3-1, Ari at 7-1, Cubs at 10-1 and the Rangers at 15-1

Not sure who your "one reporter" is ... but Scotty if you haven't learned anything about JD yet ... remember that nobody knows what TEX is going to do until they do it.

As Jamey noted in his piece ...

Rangers GM Jon Daniels expects payroll for 2014 to be similar to 2013, but maybe a little lower.
— Anthony Andro, Fox Sports Southwest

Daniels said that on October 3.

Forty-eight days later: Fielder.

Thirty-one days after that: Choo.

Reporters don't know jack squat. They only speculate. Nobody knows what TEX will do until TEX does it. I expect that whoever gave that reporter all those odds wanted to send a message to the other teams to not worry about TEX this time.

The thing is ... if TEX is that disinterested maybe TEX valuation is different than theirs? And that will worry them.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is why I laughed at EG and Fraley being considered as media sources. DMN Sports is dead space in the universe.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why I said earlier in the day that I did not care about what Grant had to say as far as acquiring Tanaka other that the interesting thought of selling the naming rights to the ballpark. I did not want to waste my time with that idiotic trade scenario(s) that he put out there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who your "one reporter" is ... but Scotty if you haven't learned anything about JD yet ... remember that nobody knows what TEX is going to do until they do it.

As Jamey noted in his piece ...

Rangers GM Jon Daniels expects payroll for 2014 to be similar to 2013, but maybe a little lower.
— Anthony Andro, Fox Sports Southwest

Daniels said that on October 3.

Forty-eight days later: Fielder.

Thirty-one days after that: Choo.

Reporters don't know jack squat. They only speculate. Nobody knows what TEX will do until TEX does it. I expect that whoever gave that reporter all those odds wanted to send a message to the other teams to not worry about TEX this time.

The thing is ... if TEX is that disinterested maybe TEX valuation is different than theirs? And that will worry them.

didn't say i agreed with the numbers only reporting what he said. personally i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear we sign him

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the already large Asian following for the Rangers if they signed Tanaka and already having signed Choo the Asian following would go thru the roof.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised its so quiet in here this morning with the announcement that Tanaka WILL be posted! I actually thought his team was going to wait one more year.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that guy is as good as advertised and the Rangers somehow spent the money to get Tanaka...this team would be unstoppable IMO!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised its so quiet in here this morning with the announcement that Tanaka WILL be posted! I actually thought his team was going to wait one more year.

I'm a little surprised they drug this out as long as they did. Perhaps one of several things happened, (1) the Japanese league exerted some pressure and or (2) the team got some type of under the table compensation.

In any case, I suspect some team - insert NYY here - will overpay. And the best I've seen him rated with scouts is a solid # 2, which is good for sure, but not something I'd be wanting us to break the bank for.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
solid number two eh? haha all P1's will laugh at that!