• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saying Holland had micro fracture surgery. Feldman was out between 8-9 months with the same injury. Unbelievable.

I thought they performed micro fracture surgery so the cartilage would heal faster. I dunno tho

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it looks like they'll sign Williams,
(never thought I'd type that out)
It's some depth if nothing else, and that became exceedingly important with Holland out.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they performed micro fracture surgery so the cartilage would heal faster. I dunno tho

Very rarely do they come back when they say they are. The Rangers have to say its more minor than it is, otherwise they lose all leverage in negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out all year.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very rarely do they come back when they say they are. The Rangers have to say its more minor thank it is, otherwise they lose all leverage in negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out all year.

Agree ... not just on the strategy but on the reality. Far better to have him be healthy and return strong midseason than count on him. Similarly, I'm not counting on Harrison, Colby or Feliz until they are performing every day.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it typically meant there was NO cartilage (viable) and the fractures are made (on purpose) to encourage new growth, I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree ... not just on the strategy but on the reality. Far better to have him be healthy and return strong midseason than count on him. Similarly, I'm not counting on Harrison, Colby or Feliz until they are performing every day.

That's wise.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it typically meant there was NO cartilage (viable) and the fractures are made (on purpose) to encourage new growth, I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong
Where have you been?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it looks like they'll sign Williams,
(never thought I'd type that out)
It's some depth if nothing else, and that became exceedingly important with Holland out.

Had not heard from you in a while. We better sign a few pitchers at this rate. We have too many "ifs" right now with our pitching staff.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what he said yesterday on 105.3.

Nothing was torn.
Had something to do with cartilage... said his goal is to be back by June. (but wants to be fully healthy as well).

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he said yesterday on 105.3.

Nothing was torn.
Had something to do with cartilage... said his goal is to be back by June. (but wants to be fully healthy as well).
If not torn, what was the surgery for?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That word is death....I hope that's not true.

Holland: “I didn’t tear anything … Nothing is torn, it’s just a bunch of cartilage that has been pretty much grazed off is what you can say. That’s all they did is basically repair that. That’s why the healing takes so long is you got to get the cartilage to build back up but nothing is torn. I need to get that cleared up because it seems like that’s been brought up…. It’s just a big thing of cartilage that has been removed a little bit and we’ve given myself basically a micro fracture to heal that back up.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had microfracture surgery on my knee last July - very generally the idea is that it creates a "scab" to cover over missing or damaged cartilage. Now I have a 50+ year old knee, but I still do not have the mobility, flexibility and strength that I had previously. I was a distance runner by hobby, and this has effectively ended my running career. Derek's knee his half the age of mine and he will get world class treatment and therapy. But this is slow healer, 6 months before he can be back to full strength is my guess....

I think one of your Dallas Cowboy's had this surgery done a few months back as well...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland is saving some face and is overly confident he'll be back soon. Microfracture is serious stuff and it could very well force him to be out for a full season if not more than that.