• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - then you have not watched Benjamin closely in his games because there was plenty of it. Additionally, Benjamin has been matched up one on one more often than cover 2 schemes that take the top off his ability to go deep.

As I have already said, his raw skills are there. He needs to be a lot better in the middle of the field and stop dropping as many balls as he does.

He needs another year to refine his game.

Okay lets see these dropped ball stats you keeping yapping about.

Because what I see is 54 catches for 1011 yards 15 TDs and an average of damn near 19 yards per catch. This on a team loaded with weapons,

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because what I see is 54 catches for 1011 yards 15 TDs and an average of damn near 19 yards per catch. This on a team loaded with weapons,

I guess I am not the only one that has seen Benjamin's issues with drops.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-01-08 at 4.25.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-01-08 at 4.25.48 PM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 76

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well - I just reviewed all of the Kelvin Benjamin game tape and here are the results:

17 drops

13 incomplete passes caused by breakups and Winston errors.

Winston was 54 for 84 with Benjamin as the target.

He was not even the number one wide receiver on this team. The more tape I reviewed the more it was clear that Greene was Winston's top wide receiving option all year.

In fact, the more I see it, the more I think that if Benjamin comes out, the higher the likelihood that he will be a true NFL bust.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am not the only one that has seen Benjamin's issues with drops.

LMAO You stayed up all night searching twitter for some random dude who thinks that Benjamin has history of drops? Congrats you found another guy. No stats though and your boy also agreed he is 1st round material. He does not have a history of drops and drops is an asinine stat anyway it's way to subjective. As I said we disagree I am okay with that we still a legit #1 and this kid will IMO be that.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - I just reviewed all of the Kelvin Benjamin game tape and here are the results:

17 drops

He was not even the number one wide receiver on this team. The more tape I reviewed the more it was clear that Greene was Winston's top wide receiving option all year.

In fact, the more I see it, the more I think that if Benjamin comes out, the higher the likelihood that he will be a true NFL bust.

You are one misguided dude.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

17 drops

So you just personally reviewed every game tape on Benjemin? ( Okay ) ;) Also define a drop because I sure remember a lot of Pats fans screaming about Welker drops when the facts were they were poorly thrown balls by Brady. Greene was Winstons comfort zone because they worked together all off season.

As I said we disagree I don't see Benjamin as being a bust in fact I see him as a legit #1 on some team. I suspect as with most WRs that will emerge in his second year, so as to you jevenille comment about me drafting him on my FF team I will two years from now.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you just personally reviewed every game tape on Benjemin? ( Okay ) ;) Also define a drop because I sure remember a lot of Pats fans screaming about Welker drops when the facts were they were poorly thrown balls by Brady. Greene was Winstons comfort zone because they worked together all off season.

As I said we disagree I don't see Benjamin as being a bust in fact I see him as a legit #1 on some team. I suspect as with most WRs that will emerge in his second year, so as to you jevenille comment about me drafting him on my FF team I will two years from now.

I reviewed each incomplete pass that was intended for Benjamin. It was 17 drops and 13 passes that Benjamin had no opportunity to catch.

Benjamin wasn't the #1 wide receiver at Florida State and there is no shot of him being a #1 in the NFL.

If you really want a #1 wide receiver, draft Jordan Matthews. He doesn't have issues with drops, disappearing from a teams' game plan even if he had 1-on-1 coverage like Benjamin, or running poor routes.

But hey, if you think raw skill warrants being a 1st round pick, go for it. Too bad that you would be wrong.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reviewed each incomplete pass that was intended for Benjamin. It was 17 drops and 13 passes that Benjamin had no opportunity to catch.

Benjamin wasn't the #1 wide receiver at Florida State and there is no shot of him being a #1 in the NFL.

If you really want a #1 wide receiver, draft Jordan Matthews. He doesn't have issues with drops, disappearing from a teams' game plan even if he had 1-on-1 coverage like Benjamin, or running poor routes.

But hey, if you think raw skill warrants being a 1st round pick, go for it. Too bad that you would be wrong.

So based on your criteria of a drop. What ever man I doubt you spend last night reviewing every play FSU executed this year, and your view of a drop may not make it a drop. But what ever helps you sleep at night.

Just for shits and giggles look what was posted on the net today.

2014 NFL mock draft: Version 6.0 | CSN Houston

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criteria for a drop is pretty much if you touch it and don't catch it.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criteria for a drop is pretty much if you touch it and don't catch it.

It's something close to that in the NFL and it's pretty dumb when you think about it. The Welker ( Supposed ) drop a few years back is a great example of how by definition it fails. Brady under threw the ball Wes basically had to contort himself to even get close to it which he did. And yet because he got his hand on the ball it's a drop. It's a failed criteria.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you touch the ball it's catchable. I'd like a stat that extends it to include catchable balls that the receiver doesn't get his hands on, though.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's something close to that in the NFL and it's pretty dumb when you think about it. The Welker ( Supposed ) drop a few years back is a great example of how by definition it fails. Brady under threw the ball Wes basically had to contort himself to even get close to it which he did. And yet because he got his hand on the ball it's a drop. It's a failed criteria.

It's a fine criterion - you need something objective to measure. This just underscores the flaws of overdependence on stats in player or team evaluations.

I mean, you can have a terrible run defense and great run defense stats if your offense and passing defense are so potent that you're always 2 or 3 scores up on your opponents and they have to abandon the run in a desperate comeback attempt every week, for another example.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fine criterion - you need something objective to measure. This just underscores the flaws of overdependence on stats in player or team evaluations.

I mean, you can have a terrible run defense and great run defense stats if your offense and passing defense are so potent that you're always 2 or 3 scores up on your opponents and they have to abandon the run in a desperate comeback attempt every week, for another example.

Exactly fans can almost always manipulate stats to use in an argument. My personal favorite is passing yards. QB throws a four yard screen, RB takes is 96 yards for a TD and the QB gets 100 Passing Yards. :omg:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you touch the ball it's catchable. I'd like a stat that extends it to include catchable balls that the receiver doesn't get his hands on, though.

Horseshit. A 6'6" 235 WR running full speed down a sideline and the QB throws the ball behind and at his feet but because he might be able to touch it it's a dropped pass? :laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit. A 6'6" 235 WR running full speed down a sideline and the QB throws the ball behind and at his feet but because he might be able to touch it it's a dropped pass? :laugh3:

If he could get a hand on it before it hit the ground, it was catchable. That doesn't make it a good throw, but it was absolutely a drop.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could get a hand on it before it hit the ground, it was catchable. That doesn't make it a good throw, but it was absolutely a drop.

Once again you are wrong beyond belief.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? Where am I wrong?

If you can touch the ball it is catchable. This is not very disputable.

There is not and cannot be a better statistical definition than touching the ball and not catching it. That's what "drop" means. Any other statistical definition would make it incongruous with the actual definition.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? Where am I wrong?

There is not and cannot be a better statistical definition than touching the ball and not catching it. That's what "drop" means. Any other statistical definition would make it incongruous with the actual definition.

It is very disputable, look I am not going to waste my time with you on this, I have already given you more time then I should have.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? Where am I wrong?

Nah.
If it takes herculean effort to be touchable does not mean it was catchable.