• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'5" 235. Fast and strong. Nice hands. Me likey.
Does Dobson have any trade value? Or Amendola?

Amendola probably not. Dobson might, but frankly I don't see any reason why we'd want to trade him (barring some obscene, overpaying offer). Remember that, no matter how good they were in college, none of these WRs are sure things. Dobson has promise and we would be better off seeing how good he can become than trading him.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really beginning to think that when we draft in round one if Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU is on the board we may want to take a hard look at this kid. I have watched a lot of FSU football this year and IMO this guy is a legit #1 who may slip to us. If we took him in round 1 best TE in round two that would sure help Brady.

Then we can look at DE / SS / OG IMO

I am not wasting a first round pick on Kelvin Benjamin this year. He needs one more year of college ball. I don't like his hands or his route running especially across the middle.

I have both LSU wide receivers ahead of him as well as Jordan Matthews ahead of Benjamin on my big board.

If I were to rank my top 10 wide receiving prospects, it would be the following:

(1) Sammy Watkins
(2) Allen Robinson
(3) Jordan Matthews
(4) Marqise Lee
(5) Mike Evans
(6) Jarvis Landry
(7) Odell Beckham
(8) Brandin Cooks
(9) Davante Adams (Fresno State)
(10) Kelvin Benjamin

And here are my quarterback and running back ranks as of right now:

Running Back

(1) Ka'Deem Carey
(2) Charles Sims
(3) Tre Mason
(4) Carlos Hyde
(5) Andre Williams
(6) Lache Seastrunk
(7) Bishop Sankey
(8) De'Anthony Thomas
(9) Isaiah Crowell
(10) James Wilder, Jr.

Quarterback

(1) Teddy Bridgewater
(2) Zach Mettenberger
(3) Derek Carr
(4) Johnny Manziel
(5) Blake Bortles
(6) Brett Smith
(7) Aaron Murray
(8) AJ McCarron
(9) Tajh Boyd
(10) Jimmy Garoppolo

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not wasting a first round pick on Kelvin Benjamin this year. He needs one more year of college ball. I don't like his hands or his route running especially across the middle.

I have both LSU wide receivers ahead of him as well as Jordan Matthews ahead of Benjamin on my big board.

If I were to rank my top 10 wide receiving prospects, it would be the following:

(1) Sammy Watkins
(2) Allen Robinson
(3) Jordan Matthews
(4) Marqise Lee
(5) Mike Evans
(6) Jarvis Landry
(7) Odell Beckham
(8) Brandin Cooks
(9) Davante Adams (Fresno State)
(10) Kelvin Benjamin

And here are my quarterback and running back ranks as of right now:

Running Back

(1) Ka'Deem Carey
(2) Charles Sims
(3) Tre Mason
(4) Carlos Hyde
(5) Andre Williams
(6) Lache Seastrunk
(7) Bishop Sankey
(8) De'Anthony Thomas
(9) Isaiah Crowell
(10) James Wilder, Jr.

Quarterback

(1) Teddy Bridgewater
(2) Zach Mettenberger
(3) Derek Carr
(4) Johnny Manziel
(5) Blake Bortles
(6) Brett Smith
(7) Aaron Murray
(8) AJ McCarron
(9) Tajh Boyd
(10) Jimmy Garoppolo

I watched a lot of FSU football this year and I am not sure I agree with your assessment of Benjamin. IMO he has great hands, and for his size he is fast. He does not look quick or fast because of his size, sorta like how people misjudge how fast Gronk is. Route running could improve but the only way to do that is practice, the raw materials and tools are there. IMO

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a lot of FSU football this year and I am not sure I agree with your assessment of Benjamin. IMO he has great hands, and for his size he is fast. He does not look quick or fast because of his size, sorta like how people misjudge how fast Gronk is. Route running could improve but the only way to do that is practice, the raw materials and tools are there. IMO

I have no doubt that he has the raw, physical tools but getting those tools to be effective in a NFL setting is something that he is not ready for. He disappeared in a whole lot of games this year and if you look at what he did on a game-by-game basis, Benjamin's disappearing act is because he drops a lot of short to intermediate passes.

Additionally, if you take out the Idaho, Florida and Duke games, statistically he was just about average.

In my view, while I love his size and apparent speed, he needs another year and go out with Winston.

If declares, then he is making a mistake. He's just not ready for the big time and last night, regardless of catching the winning score, was another example of me thinking that he would have difficulty in the NFL if he declares for this years' draft.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that he has the raw, physical tools but getting those tools to be effective in a NFL setting is something that he is not ready for. He disappeared in a whole lot of games this year and if you look at what he did on a game-by-game basis, Benjamin's disappearing act is because he drops a lot of short to intermediate passes.

Additionally, if you take out the Idaho, Florida and Duke games, statistically he was just about average.

In my view, while I love his size and apparent speed, he needs another year and go out with Winston.

If declares, then he is making a mistake. He's just not ready for the big time and last night, regardless of catching the winning score, was another example of me thinking that he would have difficulty in the NFL if he declares for this years' draft.

We do have Mark Harrison. He's a project but has big upside.

Height: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
Weight: 230 lbs (104 kg)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Rutgers wide receiver Mark Harrison participated in the NFL Combine on Sunday. Here’s how the 6-foot-3, 231-pounder fared in each event:

40-yard dash: 4.47 seconds

225-pound bench press: 17 reps

Vertical jump: 38.5 inches*

Broad jump: 10 feet, 9 inches*

Three-cone drill: 6.99 seconds

20-yard shuttle: 4.33 seconds

60-yard shuttle: 11.72 seconds

* Means Harrison ranked in the top 5 of the wide receivers in that event.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot Harrison.
Along with T.J. Moe and Sam McGuffie.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot Harrison.
Along with T.J. Moe and Sam McGuffie.

Sam McGuffie - RB turned slot WR
40 yard dash time: 4.32 seconds
Height: 5' 10" (1.78 m)

We have a lot of speed on the roster. Hopefully it will be on the field next season and be very productive. I doubt we take a WR. Unless one just falls in our lap that you just can't pass up. TE is a huge need for us.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Adams out for Fresno. I have only seen him a few times, but he looks like a nice WR. Good speed and hands. I think he was Carr's fav target?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a lot of speed on the roster. Hopefully it will be on the field next season and be very productive. I doubt we take a WR. Unless one just falls in our lap that you just can't pass up. TE is a huge need for us.

Man, no more slot guys...LOL.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Copy That.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Adams out for Fresno. I have only seen him a few times, but he looks like a nice WR. Good speed and hands. I think he was Carr's fav target?

Hey Eric - Adams was the clear cut No. 1 WR for Fresno State and while his numbers are a tad inflated because of that prolific offense and the strength of schedule, one could point to his ability to have a rapport with a NFL-caliber quarterback and his games against USC, Wyoming, and Rutgers indicate that he could be like Alshon Jeffrey with better speed.

I like him because he catches the ball and he has 4.5 speed with good height.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea where you are getting this information from. You make it sound as if he just quit and of the six or seven FSU games I watched this year that was not the case. FSU is loaded with talent and has a quality run game because of the weapons on that team and because of the double or triple teams he received he may not have been as effective in some games as he was in others. But all that did was open up the field for other options. That is a great asset to add to any team.

If he declares I think it's the perfect move for him. I think a lot of teams are looking at him, and I think he is ready for the NFL. I also feel he will blow it up at the combine.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was checking out athletic DEs they might be able to get on day two of the draft...at least as of right now.

Anyone see much of Louisville's Marcus Smith this year?

He looks athletic, similar to Collins, and had a good Bowl game vs Miami. He's a current riser and is projected to go in the 2nd-3rd round. He's a converted QB and probably still has an upside because of it. He had 10.5 sacks this year and was voted to the All American Conference first team defense by the coaches. He's going on my mock somewhere.

Check him out:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where you are getting this information from. You make it sound as if he just quit and of the six or seven FSU games I watched this year that was not the case. FSU is loaded with talent and has a quality run game because of the weapons on that team and because of the double or triple teams he received he may not have been as effective in some games as he was in others. But all that did was open up the field for other options. That is a great asset to add to any team.

If he declares I think it's the perfect move for him. I think a lot of teams are looking at him, and I think he is ready for the NFL. I also feel he will blow it up at the combine.

I watched a number of Florida State games this year as well, including the title game. He looked like shit against Boston College outside of his three catches for 103 yards and he looked the same to me in the title game.

He is not ready yet. He needs one more year in college so that when he is in a NFL camp, he will have hopefully learned how to catch a ball in traffic because as of right now, he doesn't know how to catch a ball in traffic and over the middle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feKUNstdxI]Kelvin Benjamin vs Florida (2013) - YouTube[/ame]

Kelvin Benjamin vs Florida (2013) - YouTube

Here is the self-proclaimed big game that he had against Florida. Missed tackles and a blown coverage (from an offensive penalty that should have been called on Benjamin) is the only reason why he did what he did against Florida.

He is not ready.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a number of Florida State games this year as well, including the title game. He looked like shit against Boston College outside of his three catches for 103 yards and he looked the same to me in the title game.

He is not ready yet. He needs one more year in college so that when he is in a NFL camp, he will have hopefully learned how to catch a ball in traffic because as of right now, he doesn't know how to catch a ball in traffic and over the middle.

Here is the self-proclaimed big game that he had against Florida. Missed tackles and a blown coverage (from an offensive penalty that should have been called on Benjamin) is the only reason why he did what he did against Florida.

He is not ready.

You screaming and hollering he is not ready does not make it so. He is indeed ready. I think you have a cockamamie approach to this and really have shown nothing to substantiate your drivel. As I stated FSU is loaded with weapons and his presence oft times commanded double and triple teams opening up other facets of the FSU offense. I guess we will just disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You screaming and hollering he is not ready does not make it so. He is indeed ready. I think you have a cockamamie approach to this and really have shown nothing to substantiate your drivel. As I stated FSU is loaded with weapons and his presence oft times commanded double and triple teams opening up other facets of the FSU offense. I guess we will just disagree.

Kelvin Benjamin Highlights 2013 - FSU WR - YouTube

I don't know where you think I am "screaming and hollering" that he is not ready.

Are you just like JDM? If my opinion, which is founded based on actual game tape and how a prospect plays the game, differs from yours then so be it. To me, it is clear that your opinion is clearly biased toward Florida State.

To me - Benjamin is not ready for the NFL. He lacks concentration at various points in the game, drops too many balls, disappears in games and when it is demonstrated based on actual tape, you throw out a bunch of insults.

I don't care if you agree with my opinion or not. The Florida game is a prime example of him not being ready to go to the NFL.

In other words, your opinion and your previous comment is

:lame:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where you think I am "screaming and hollering" that he is not ready.

Are you just like JDM? If my opinion, which is founded based on actual game tape and how a prospect plays the game, differs from yours then so be it. To me, it is clear that your opinion is clearly biased toward Florida State.

To me - Benjamin is not ready for the NFL. He lacks concentration at various points in the game, drops too many balls, disappears in games and when it is demonstrated based on actual tape, you throw out a bunch of insults.

I don't care if you agree with my opinion or not. The Florida game is a prime example of him not being ready to go to the NFL.

In other words, your opinion and your previous comment is

:lame:

Why would a fan of Notre Dame have any bias toward FSU? I have seen no tapes where he drops out of games as proclaim and again you are completely ignoring how is skill sets, and abilities opened up other aspects of the FSU game. I assume that is intentional on your part. Look IMO you assessment sucks and I am cool with that. As far as I know he has not yet declared so all this may be moot.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a fan of Notre Dame have any bias toward FSU? I have seen no tapes where he drops out of games as proclaim and again you are completely ignoring how is skill sets, and abilities opened up other aspects of the FSU game. I assume that is intentional on your part. Look IMO you assessment sucks and I am cool with that. As far as I know he has not yet declared so all this may be moot.

Well - then you have not watched Benjamin closely in his games because there was plenty of it. Additionally, Benjamin has been matched up one on one more often than cover 2 schemes that take the top off his ability to go deep.

As I have already said, his raw skills are there. He needs to be a lot better in the middle of the field and stop dropping as many balls as he does.

He needs another year to refine his game.