• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very disputable, look I am not going to waste my time with you on this, I have already given you more time then I should have.

I did watch the 30 incomplete passes from Winston and to Benjamin and of those passes, 17 of those were drops based on being in a place where the pass attempt was not an extraordinary effort for the receiver to catch it.

I agree with your definition regarding not classifying drops based on having to make an extraordinary effort.

That is why I wanted to take a look at the plays that Benjamin had an opportunity make and didn't.

As far as using a statistical source to determine that stat, I don't rely on those sources.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on your criteria of a drop. What ever man I doubt you spend last night reviewing every play FSU executed this year, and your view of a drop may not make it a drop. But what ever helps you sleep at night.

Just for shits and giggles look what was posted on the net today.

2014 NFL mock draft: Version 6.0 | CSN Houston

That is kind of funny. It won't happen. If Hageman is there before Benjamin, Hagemen will be drafted and there is no shot of Hageman dropping to the 2nd round.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.
If it takes herculean effort to be touchable does not mean it was catchable.

Everything you touch is catchable. It doesn't mean it's easily catchable. But if you can touch it you can catch it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still talking about the Welker "drop?"

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What constitutes a dropped pass? - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Here we go, I think this is the best answer I have seen so far.

This standard says drops are "incomplete passes where the receiver SHOULD have caught the pass with ORDINARY effort."

Makes sense to me...I don't know who invented "If you can touch the ball you should catch it" but if you're making an impossible demand on a player's body just to get that touch, it's not catchable IMO. Yes a player CAN catch it but the odds are against him.

As far as Welker's "drop" goes...Brady threw the ball high wide and to the wrong shoulder and Welker had to do a 180 in midair just to get his hands on it. Fans can choose to blame that play on Welker or Brady and IMO it's 75% on Brady.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the 30 incomplete passes from Winston and to Benjamin and of those passes, 17 of those were drops based on being in a place where the pass attempt was not an extraordinary effort for the receiver to catch it.

I agree with your definition regarding not classifying drops based on having to make an extraordinary effort.

That is why I wanted to take a look at the plays that Benjamin had an opportunity make and didn't.

As far as using a statistical source to determine that stat, I don't rely on those sources.

Yeah okay, I am sure after reading the description I posted that was the criteria you used. :lol:

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... you're being incredibly pedantic, and as someone with a philosophy degree, this is getting more and more difficult to avoid getting involved, and I really don't want to get sucked in...

:whistle:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me...I don't know who invented "If you can touch the ball you should catch it" but if you're making an impossible demand on a player's body just to get that touch, it's not catchable IMO. Yes a player CAN catch it but the odds are against him.

As far as Welker's "drop" goes...Brady threw the ball high wide and to the wrong shoulder and Welker had to do a 180 in midair just to get his hands on it. Fans can choose to blame that play on Welker or Brady and IMO it's 75% on Brady.

Wes Welker Superbowl XLVI Dropped Pass - YouTube

I agree. I just cannot put that in Wes.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... you're being incredibly pedantic, and as someone with a philosophy degree, this is getting more and more difficult to avoid getting involved, and I really don't want to get sucked in...

:whistle:

Okay we'll stop so you can be comfortable.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah okay, I am sure after reading the description I posted that was the criteria you used. :lol:

Mojo - Grow up. I agree with the definition and if you think this is the first time the topic has been discussed, then you would be wrong.

BTW - if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to change your avatar, ok Tigger?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mojo - Grow up. I agree with the definition and if you think this is the first time the topic has been discussed, then you would be wrong.

BTW - if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to change your avatar, ok Tigger?

I don't really give a damn if you take me seriously or not. And I really don't think you spent your evening reviewing all the FSU pass plays this. And I think it's ironic how after I post a fairly acceptable definition of a dropped pass you all of a sudden say " Yep, that's it, that's the criteria I used "! In a nut shell I think your full of crap.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really give a damn if you take me seriously or not. And I really don't think you spent your evening reviewing all the FSU pass plays this. And I think it's ironic how after I post a fairly acceptable definition of a dropped pass you all of a sudden say " Yep, that's it, that's the criteria I used "! In a nut shell I think your full of crap.

Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to present Tigger Mojo the Moron:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmpLj3FilbM]Tigger's Houseguest - YouTube[/ame]

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I'm the moron! I am the one name calling and posting video in lieu of conversation. Tail wags dog!

Hey Tigger - That is probably your favorite Tigger show right, you know, the one who is playing with himself all day.

:laugh3: :yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :agree:

You're :welcome:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut this shit out. Talk football.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00