• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have looked at 3 mock drafts. All of then having us picking 29th, so we lose this weekend. They all have NE drafting Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. CBS Sports had two guys picking, one was for Amaro and the other said Tuitt.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have looked at 3 mock drafts. All of then having us picking 29th, so we lose this weekend. They all have NE drafting Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. CBS Sports had two guys picking, one was for Amaro and the other said Tuitt.

I don't think he will be there. The issue with mocks is they don't account for the BB trade down value. But in a straight up mock if he was there, he would be a nice weapon in the arsenal

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be there. The issue with mocks is they don't account for the BB trade down value. But in a straight up mock if he was there, he would be a nice weapon in the arsenal

Oh I hear ya. I just thought it was odd that the same 3 names keep coming up in that spot for NE. Not sure I would want to pass on Tuitt or that kid from Wash to move back 15 spots.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Pre FA / Combine Draft

JDM Can You Sticky This? Make your pre FA / Combine mock draft then we will do a post FA / Combine Mock. Provide a brief explanation of your draft and individual choices.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is mine: I know there is a lot of talk about bolstering the D-Line and while I feel there is a need that need is less than some other areas that need attention. This of course is the pre FA and Combine selection so it's going to change. I also feel with Wilfork and Kelly coming back maybe Armestead too and the younger guys gained a lot of exp I would address DE before DT even that IMO can wait. So here I go.

RD 1: TE Austine Seferian Jenkins: For a guy 6' 6" Tall he moves really well, runs routes well, has great hands and is quick off the snap. I feel if Gronk can stay healthy he would be the 2 in a nice one two punch.

RD 2: SS Deone Bucanon Wash State: This team lacks a physical safety and has since Harrison left. If anyone thinks Gregory is the answer please log out now.

RD3: WR Brandon Coleman Rutgers: I am left unimpressed with any of the WRs drafted last year. Sure the roof is high but none appeared as a legit #1 although if he can remain healthy Sharon may assume that role. Either way this is a big physical target that would be a really nice part of a bigger receiving corps.

RD4: C Bryan Stork FSU: A fifth year guy and the leader of the FSU O Line they guy has a lot of exp and with Donte' could have a huge upside for the Pats.

RD 6; DE Aaron Lynch S. Florida: 6' 5" 244 Lynch has a lot of upside to potentially be here this late in the draft.

RD 7: Zach Kerr DT Delaware 6' 2" 334 Pounds Kerr is listed as a potential diamond in the rough. I posted the link for those interested.
2014 NFL Draft Sleepers: Zach Kerr | All Pro Football Source

I suppose I need to consider a QB because I have no idea what is gonna happen with Mallett. But I guess we will see how the off season goes.

paperchamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want another pass rusher on other side C.Jones more than anything right now. Also I think some team will offer Edelman a deal that the Pats cant match,so id like to go after nicks or decker.

Last edited by a moderator:

paperchamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha I also was gonna predict the wr from Rutgers in the 3rd.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want another pass rusher on other side C.Jones more than anything right now. Also I think some team will offer Edelman a deal that the Pats cant match,so id like to go after nicks or decker.

I did pick one but IMO we have to remember a lot of pieces we have missing all year will be back next year. I think a lot or a few of us like COleman

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hakeem Nicks?
No.
As quoted from NY Daily News
"...it's also entirely possible that his health issues have robbed him of his breakaway ability, and he will never quite be able to separate from receivers as he once did."

We do not need another one. We already have Amendola who will rob us blind next year for a mediocre production and miss 49% of the season with nagging health issues.

He also has serious tardiness issues, which shows a lack of respect for himself and his team.

No.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Mojo, I think this will be fun, and change a few times...LOL. I will get you mine after I fiqure out my order. I know we need a TE, but I am thinking we need that DE bad, very bad!!! I also think we need another WR too. Not sure what way I want to go yet! Right now it looks like this..

1- DE/DT
2- TE
3- SS
4- TE/WR

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is mine: I know there is a lot of talk about bolstering the D-Line and while I feel there is a need that need is less than some other areas that need attention. This of course is the pre FA and Combine selection so it's going to change. I also feel with Wilfork and Kelly coming back maybe Armestead too and the younger guys gained a lot of exp I would address DE before DT even that IMO can wait. So here I go.

RD 1: TE Austine Seferian Jenkins: For a guy 6' 6" Tall he moves really well, runs routes well, has great hands and is quick off the snap. I feel if Gronk can stay healthy he would be the 2 in a nice one two punch.

RD 2: SS Deone Bucanon Wash State: This team lacks a physical safety and has since Harrison left. If anyone thinks Gregory is the answer please log out now.

RD3: WR Brandon Coleman Rutgers: I am left unimpressed with any of the WRs drafted last year. Sure the roof is high but none appeared as a legit #1 although if he can remain healthy Sharon may assume that role. Either way this is a big physical target that would be a really nice part of a bigger receiving corps.

RD4: C Bryan Stork FSU: A fifth year guy and the leader of the FSU O Line they guy has a lot of exp and with Donte' could have a huge upside for the Pats.

RD 6; DE Aaron Lynch S. Florida: 6' 5" 244 Lynch has a lot of upside to potentially be here this late in the draft.

RD 7: Zach Kerr DT Delaware 6' 2" 334 Pounds Kerr is listed as a potential diamond in the rough. I posted the link for those interested.
2014 NFL Draft Sleepers: Zach Kerr | All Pro Football Source

I suppose I need to consider a QB because I have no idea what is gonna happen with Mallett. But I guess we will see how the off season goes.

Lynch was a very highly recruited DE when he was at ND. He was suppose to be the next big thing. He ended up transferring because of family, rumor around ND was that he did not like the winters, and was lacking in the grades. Kid was a beast when he was a Freshman. This could be a decent pick. The WR from Rutgers, was he in the East/West game this weekend?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM Can You Sticky This? Make your pre FA / Combine mock draft then we will do a post FA / Combine Mock. Provide a brief explanation of your draft and individual choices.

Done

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Mojo, I think this will be fun, and change a few times...LOL. I will get you mine after I fiqure out my order. I know we need a TE, but I am thinking we need that DE bad, very bad!!! I also think we need another WR too. Not sure what way I want to go yet! Right now it looks like this..

1- DE/DT
2- TE
3- SS
4- TE/WR

Cool hopefully more will partake

Thank You!

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without having looked at the players available, my #1 need is offensive talent. I understand that Gronk, Thompkins and Boyce were out + Dobson was limited, but we have no reason to believe that'll change and they desperately need to add players. I'd jump at a TE over a WR but obviously the right WR would be the pick over the wrong TE. If Edelman leaves in free agency, this becomes at least two players - they need to add at least two potential starters to their receiving group.

For needs, I'd say:
#1: TE/WR
#2: DE/OLB
#3: SS
#4: LB
#5: DT

I don't rank their DT situation as dire. They're likely to get Wilfork and Kelly back and both are proven commodities. Wilfork at a reduced level will still be effective, and with his work ethic, I think he'll return to form. Chris Jones and Sealver Siliga are actually a fairly solid pair of backups, and I'd be very comfortable with a 1-2-3-4-5 of Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, Siliga, Armstead (I put him last because he's totally untested but he has the potential to jump to #3 or even #2 on that depth chart). With that in mind, if they can add a potentially elite DT, great, but they have the potential to bring a very, very strong DT group into the season next year even if they don't add a single player into the mix.

I rank SS behind DE because they definitely need to add another pass rusher into the mix, but they can survive with Gregory. The rest of their secondary is good enough to make up for Gregory - they were very effective Sunday until Talib went out (maybe we need another CB in the mix? but I don't blame him for going out on that frigging cheap shot that maybe broke a rib and don't assume it will happen again). Gregory is their weakest defensive starter and if they get to a point where there's a safety who they have a conviction about versus a higher need who they don't, yeah, draft the safety, but I think their defense can be absolutely elite next year with Gregory as a starter.

I put LB on the list because I think there's just about no chance at all of Spikes coming back. I love our starting group of Mayo, Hightower, Collins, but I don't love Dane Fletcher as top backup. They need to get another player with major upside into that pipeline, but don't need that player to be an immediate starter. A mid round pick would be appropriate.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard for me to grasp the draft right now.. though i do agree with the needs stated.. a lot can change with who comes and goes in FA.. as right now.. I would say DE TE WR being the big three.. also need some plug and play on the Oline for depth thought they did a decent job this year.. IM working on a few projects such as RFA/ UFA list both for the Pats and other team potential targets.. hopefully things calm down in RL that i can post more.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without having looked at the players available, my #1 need is offensive talent. I understand that Gronk, Thompkins and Boyce were out + Dobson was limited, but we have no reason to believe that'll change and they desperately need to add players. I'd jump at a TE over a WR but obviously the right WR would be the pick over the wrong TE. If Edelman leaves in free agency, this becomes at least two players - they need to add at least two potential starters to their receiving group.

For needs, I'd say:
#1: TE/WR
#2: DE/OLB
#3: SS
#4: LB
#5: DT

I don't rank their DT situation as dire. They're likely to get Wilfork and Kelly back and both are proven commodities. Wilfork at a reduced level will still be effective, and with his work ethic, I think he'll return to form. Chris Jones and Sealver Siliga are actually a fairly solid pair of backups, and I'd be very comfortable with a 1-2-3-4-5 of Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, Siliga, Armstead (I put him last because he's totally untested but he has the potential to jump to #3 or even #2 on that depth chart). With that in mind, if they can add a potentially elite DT, great, but they have the potential to bring a very, very strong DT group into the season next year even if they don't add a single player into the mix.

I rank SS behind DE because they definitely need to add another pass rusher into the mix, but they can survive with Gregory. The rest of their secondary is good enough to make up for Gregory - they were very effective Sunday until Talib went out (maybe we need another CB in the mix? but I don't blame him for going out on that frigging cheap shot that maybe broke a rib and don't assume it will happen again). Gregory is their weakest defensive starter and if they get to a point where there's a safety who they have a conviction about versus a higher need who they don't, yeah, draft the safety, but I think their defense can be absolutely elite next year with Gregory as a starter.

I put LB on the list because I think there's just about no chance at all of Spikes coming back. I love our starting group of Mayo, Hightower, Collins, but I don't love Dane Fletcher as top backup. They need to get another player with major upside into that pipeline, but don't need that player to be an immediate starter. A mid round pick would be appropriate.

Nice write up, and we agree the offense is the higher priority and that DT is not as dire as some might think. I can agree with your assessment of DE over SS I just feel as if we need some authority back there. There is no fear at all of our secondary, I would like to see QBs be hesitant to throw their WRs into a bone crushing hit, we lack that. Look forward to the player write up this.

Its hard for me to grasp the draft right now.. though i do agree with the needs stated.. a lot can change with who comes and goes in FA.. as right now.. I would say DE TE WR being the big three.. also need some plug and play on the Oline for depth thought they did a decent job this year.. IM working on a few projects such as RFA/ UFA list both for the Pats and other team potential targets.. hopefully things calm down in RL that i can post more.

Well post when you can hopefully pre-fa if time permits.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up, and we agree the offense is the higher priority and that DT is not as dire as some might think. I can agree with your assessment of DE over SS I just feel as if we need some authority back there. There is no fear at all of our secondary, I would like to see QBs be hesitant to throw their WRs into a bone crushing hit, we lack that. Look forward to the player write up this.

I would love to see that stellar SS who can cover and throw his weight around, if that's how things fall out.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the list of potential SS free Agents:
Quintin Mikall
Bernard Pollard
yerehmiah Bell
Chris Clemons
Kurt Coleman
James Ihegibo
Corey Lynch
Tyler Mays
Kyle Mcarthy
Danny Mccray
Donte whitner

Not much really sticks out at me.. just not really impressed... ill look at the draft prosepects after work unless someone wants to do it for me..

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere that O'Brien might want Mallet?

If so, would they consider Mallet/Pat's 2nd for Texas 2nd (maybe another pick?)

That would be nice.

Other then that. I don't really do drafts or speculate as I am not as smart as the front office.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere that O'Brien might want Mallet?

If so, would they consider Mallet/Pat's 2nd for Texas 2nd (maybe another pick?)

That would be nice.

Other then that. I don't really do drafts or speculate as I am not as smart as the front office.

This would actually make a lot of sense. They could take Clowney with their first pick knowing full well they already have a seasoned QB. If this happens the Pats of course will have to address the QB position. I think Cassel is a UFA I wonder if the deal with the Texans were to take place if the Pats would take a stab at getting Cassel back,